Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 07-03-2007, 09:19 AM   #1
BLEED REBELION!!!

A Dellusion of Singularity

It seems like everyone is in so much pain. And everyone is so alone. People are hurting in such a vast multitude of ways, that you cant even imagine. We all have our own hurt, our own problems, our own demons that we either fight or spend our whole lives under. People say they feel alone, as if no one else knows there problems like no one else has been in the same exact position. That is a delusion, every pain that I have felt has been felt by some one else. Another person has felt it, has cried over it, has lain awake at night and thought the same thoughts, I have thought a thousand times. So maybe that delusion is better than the truth. Knowing that I am not the only one that I am not singular but just another damaged soul in a sea of them, only deepens my sorrow, it only lessen my ever failing hope. And even knowing that I am one of many, the loneliness is still there. No one is there to comfort me, no one can simply hug me, hold me when I need o be held. But there is always someone there to yell at you, to put you down, to make you feel like shit…….

" I love 4play! Its the best thing I've ever done"
- My Boyfriend
BLEED REBELION!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:45 AM   #2
Delicate_Torture

I disagree with you.

Even though others may have been through the same crisis situation that one finds oneself in, there is nobody else who comes to that situation via the same journey, with the same background or the same talents and faults, strengths and weaknesses as another person.

This is why one person falls to pieces after breaking up with a boyfriend of two weeks, yet another person rebuilds their life with what seems to be apparent ease after the death of a spouse they have been married to for two decades.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:37 AM   #3
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicate_Torture
I disagree with you.

Even though others may have been through the same crisis situation that one finds oneself in, there is nobody else who comes to that situation via the same journey, with the same background or the same talents and faults, strengths and weaknesses as another person.

This is why one person falls to pieces after breaking up with a boyfriend of two weeks, yet another person rebuilds their life with what seems to be apparent ease after the death of a spouse they have been married to for two decades.
Very well put DT. I agree with you, having observed the same thing over several decades. Some people can carry great burdens, others cannot even carry themselves.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:19 PM   #4
BLEED REBELION!!!

I dont think you got what I was saying
but whatever

- My Boyfriend
Old 07-03-2007, 06:05 PM   #5
Delicate_Torture

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
Very well put DT. I agree with you, having observed the same thing over several decades. Some people can carry great burdens, others cannot even carry themselves.
Thankyou HP. You summed up what I was saying very eloquently.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:36 PM   #6
Clockwork

Yes, I agree with both of you, Delicate_Torture and HumanePain. And usually, being exposed to strife earlier in one's life builds up a sort of immunity for hard times later... which makes that argument, "What are you complaining about? Things have always been so easy for you, you've always had everything and you've had this-and-this etc." rather useless.

'Least that's what I think. It might just be a no-brainer.

As for you, Bleed... I've thought the same thing before, actually. Our pain has been experienced by humans before probably hundreds billions of times throughout history, and it's happening now and it will continue to happen. However, this doesn't make me feel lonely at all - rather, it makes me feel more connected and at peace. There's others that could sympathize with you, and they've made it past their troubles one way or another, and so can you.

There's at least two ways to look at anything; in this case, you should try not to make yourself lonelier than you need to be.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:48 PM   #7
BLEED REBELION!!!

You guys misunderstand what im saying or maybe I was unclear…

I mean that a feeling of loneliness is still present even when one part of my mind (the logical part) knows that there are others like me, going through the same crap. But I was also saying that knowing that I’m not the only one that millions of people have had to deal with the same things makes me sad because its so unfair and I wish less people or really no people had to deal with this crap….

And I was not saying hat every one has the same reaction to a situation, to pain I was simply saying that many people share that pain that/those experience(s) .

If that doesnt make sence let me know

- My Boyfriend
Old 07-03-2007, 07:00 PM   #8
Aaroneet

Granted, it is unfair that groups of people would all have to suffer through misfortune. But misfortune is a part of life; if anything, and I've said this before, it should make you stronger. I might know what you are talking about, but you should take the idea that others are going through the same ordeal as you, and use it as motivation for yourself. Think of them as support; I know that might not necessarily help. Sometimes, it's difficult to make that connection. But if you use others as a form of support, you should be able to go through life's obstacles successfully. It's not avoiding life's obstacles that makes us ultimately who we are; it's learning to cope with life.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:30 PM   #9
Drake Dun

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLEED REBELION!!!
I mean that a feeling of loneliness is still present even when one part of my mind (the logical part) knows that there are others like me, going through the same crap. But I was also saying that knowing that I’m not the only one that millions of people have had to deal with the same things makes me sad because its so unfair and I wish less people or really no people had to deal with this crap….
I know what you mean.

Drake
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:02 AM   #10
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
If there were no pain and suffering and loneliness, we would be living in Heaven.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:39 AM   #11
Don't Look Behind You

Location: a russian, vienna-educated, living in the Netherlands. beat that.
I think no one experiences an emotion exactly the same way as someone else, so I completely disagree with the statement that "every pain that I have felt has been felt by some one else."

Every single thought and circumstance that lead for example me into a state of depression and pain cannot have been experienced in exactly the same combination by someone else. And yet it is these emotions and circumstances that form my pain and depression. Also, no one experiences situations exactly the same as someone else becuase interpretation depends on personal experience in the past which is absolutely unique for everyone.
So guess what, we are all completely alone in our pain. In our happiness also becuase everything is always understood and experienced slightly differently by everyone.
--If you want to love me you'll have to love my shadow. This black creature that is stuck to my feet and that hates the light whithout which it wouldn't exist. Sometimes, I think it is more me than I am. Please be gentle as you make my shadow white.

-- On soft pillows you won't ride into eternity and spilling your blood you won't get out of eternity again.
Don't Look Behind You is offline   Reply With Quote