Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 10-15-2007, 10:46 PM   #1
gothicusmaximus

Shocking revelation: your acid trip is induced by chemicals, not magic or god.

This is going to be a great whining thread, substantially superior to than the majority of those which congest this forum, primarily because it involves drugs.

Recently, two of my close friends experimented with a controlled substance known as DOB, which is essentially similar, in its effects on human beings who ingest it, to the more renowned LSD. While under the effects of the psychedelic, the pair elected to listen to The Beatles' "Let It Be" and John Lennon's "Imagine", and, as a consequence, awoke the following day earnestly believing they had discovered the meaning of life. Note, I am not being hyperbolic in any way- indeed, in response to my jocular query, "So, did you guys discover the meaning of life", they affirmed: "Yes". This revelation to me was only moderately unsettling, but the magnitude of my reaction to the notion of the epiphany itself is totally eclipsed by that of my reaction to said epiphany's effect of transforming my friends into CONDESCENDING ASSHOLES. For the entire course of the week which followed the trip, they behaved as though they'd been, in the course of one night, fully indoctrinated in the beliefs of some bizarre flower child cult, constantly shunning those, such as myself, who don't enjoy the abuse of mind-altering substances on the premise that such people don't "know" or "understand". The more profoundly influenced of the two stripped her wall of all its posters (unfortunately they were all endorsements of sucky music, so I couldn't get anything out of the insanity) and declared that she no longer intended to waste her time with music that wasn't produced by either the Beatles or the Grateful Dead.
Now, I am often called an asshole, but in reality, I care too much. For me, to behold stupidity is to behold an unsightly cyst on the face of humankind, and the urge to lance it overwhelms me. Thus, when my aforementioned friends began to suggest that, if everyone did acid and listened to "Imagine", we would achieve world peace, I could not restrain myself from noting that
a. that's just a little bit brainwashing and a little bit ethically despicable
b. it wouldn't work anyway.
in a manner which was perhaps a bit antagonistic. Acrimony consequently festered, but relations between us remained generally friendly.
Soon, the second trip was upon us. I, again, did not participate. Next morning, same shit, pretty much tedious by now, but, the following night, one of the two foresaid friends decided to compound her fun with some weed, and, due the resulting conflagration of chemicals, experienced an extremely unpleasant flashback, lying inert on her bed and mumbling such nonsense as "Why don't I have an eye? Why is my eye collapsed inward and bleeding", "Am I a cartoon?" and "Why are policemen saying my boyfriend is a date rapist?". Disconcerted, the other foresaid friend scurried off to notify our hall's resident advisor, who, upon recognizing the situation, summoned a squad of paramedics. Because I attend New York University, the largest, most bureaucratic and most utterly discombobulated university in the united states, said EMTs did not arrive for an approximate half hour, during which interval I was forced to sit on my friend's beds, which had previously been arranged side by side to facilitate immersion in a tye-dye universe, and accept that, in the eyes of the guy responsible for handing out citations on my floor, I was a huge druggie. Ultimately, the Paramedics, large, burly men, burst through the door and demanded to know "AIGHT WHO DID THE DRUGS", in response to which we indicated the girl twitching and mumbling about her missing eye. Their second request was to be notified as to who initially voiced their concern for the young woman in question- in response to which she who'd actually made the call, perhaps in fear of betraying the bond she shared with her fellow philosopher queen, remained utterly silent. After a rough sixty seconds of silent staring, I pretended I'd put in the call. Ultimately, this was all for naught- the tripping girl refused to go to the hospital, and I was forced to sign a couple 'witness forms'.
The following day, the girl who freaked out received a sanction for smoking marijuana in a residence hall, and proceeded to stop speaking to me because I had, in concern for her healthy and safety, done the right thing, even though it really wasn't me who, in concern for her health and safety,
did the right thing. Although her anger is baseless on two levels, my other friend, inexplicably, agrees with her, and is mad at me as well.

In culmination, an addendum to the list of stupidest fights in which I've ever participated:

3. Fight with my friend over whether Star Wars was adapted from a book or not. (I was right)
2. Fight with my friend over my returning a video we'd rented from blockbuster a day late, even though blockbuster has no late fees.
1. This fight.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:21 AM   #2
Nevan

Your friends are mad at you for trying to help them? Sounds like they've really been messed up by that stuff. Hopefully it'll work out of their systems.

Be glad you didn't take those drugs.

Alas! Must it ever be so?
Do we stand in our own light, wherever we go,
And fight our own shadows forever?
- Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Nevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 05:23 AM   #3
KontanKarite

Yeah, no shit. That sounds pretty crazy.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:03 AM   #4
Cyntrox

If she didn't want help, that actually makes sense. If you didn't call, however, that's stupid.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:11 AM   #5
Valerius

Hey, don't knock it until you've tried it. LOL!

-Oscar Van den Boogaard, Dutch pacifist
Valerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 08:25 AM   #6
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyntrox
If she didn't want help, that actually makes sense. If you didn't call, however, that's stupid.

This is actually a pretty good point.

If it is the will of someone to use drugs, should they not be able to?

Personal responsibility. It's a bitch.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:05 AM   #7
Underwater Ophelia

I know exactly how you feel. A few of my friends started doing acid, which is totally cool by me, but then they decide they're "enlightened" and shit like that.

No. You're not. You're actually probably farther from enlightenment than you were before, because now your mind is even more fucked up.

Not only that, but if you're so enlightened, why would you just act like a dickhead all the damn time?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:46 AM   #8
TopHaggardDoll

I'm so glad when my boyfriend did acid that he just forgot how everything in his house works...and everytime that he saw something it was a massive discovery. Then for about an hour called me up and told me he'd find a way to get me out of the phone.

I feel bad for you man, it sucks when friends do things like that and change completely. Hopefully she'll come to her senses soon.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:23 PM   #9
LadyLucretia

Seems that you have learned lesson #1 about college: due to it being a time in most people's lives when they are rapidly cycling through developmental stages, you will see a lot of friends becoming frenemies very quickly.

I think it's funny that people still buy into all that "hallucinogenics as path to enlightenment" crap. And the whole Grateful Dead/John Lennon thing is so painfully cliche...at least you found out early on that they're not really your friends. Doesn't sound like a great loss to me.

Oh, and for the future - you can't physically OD from pot and hallucinogens, so unless the person is going to hurt themselves or others, they'll probably be fine just sleeping it off.
LadyLucretia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 04:48 PM   #10
maggot

Wait, you reported them? You're an asshole.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:08 PM   #11
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot
Wait, you reported them? You're an asshole.
No, I didn't. I pretended I did to cover my friend's ass. I don't think it's an asshole thing to do though, if someone suddenly starts having a psychotic episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLucretia
Oh, and for the future - you can't physically OD from pot and hallucinogens, so unless the person is going to hurt themselves or others, they'll probably be fine just sleeping it off.
Technically one can OD on anything- even food- though I knew that wasn't the case here. Still, ingesting weird Acidesque chemicals can, evidently, have negative physiological reprecussions, especially when compounded with other substances, as benign as those substances might be ordinarily (i.e. pot).
Old 10-17-2007, 07:14 PM   #12
DarkPrayer

Location: In a place covered in darkness but filled with only good people
You wrote to much...to lazy to read it all...
DarkPrayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 07:27 PM   #13
Saddiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPrayer
You wrote to much...to lazy to read it all...
Then why did you bother to engage yourself in a conversation that you were too lazy to read?
Old 10-17-2007, 07:29 PM   #14
Saddiction

gothicusmaximus, do any of your friends happen to be on medications such as seroquel, resperidal, etc? If so, these drugs will often help with bad trips.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:40 AM   #15
StasisInDarkness

Yes, in fact, all SSRIs, MAOIs, and tri-cyclic anti-depressants are contraindicated with the use of any psychotropic hallucinogens.

And I agree with Lady Lucretia...perhaps they're not true friends after all.

But then again, I'm just afraid you're going to leave me for them...
StasisInDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 02:19 AM   #16
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddiction
gothicusmaximus, do any of your friends happen to be on medications such as seroquel, resperidal, etc? If so, these drugs will often help with bad trips.
I am certain that she whose freakout is documented above is not currently prescribed any anti-depressent medication, but, in regard to the other girl, I'm not sure. Nevertheless, these people aren't total morons, I do feel they're informed enough to be aware that psychotropic drugs and medicines of that sort don't get along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlygirlIlove
But then again, I'm just afraid you're going to leave me for them...
Now, now, let's not force poor gothicdotnet to bear audience to your irrational fears.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:48 AM   #17
StasisInDarkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
Now, now, let's not force poor gothicdotnet to bear audience to your irrational fears.
Aw swoon. I suppose that, after all, has the potential of being my own whine-related post, entitled something along the lines of, "My Only Reason For Existing In This Wretched World, or, An Ode To Gothicus"
StasisInDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:20 PM   #18
Lapin

Your friends are idiots of the highest calibre. If that makes you feel any better.

I dislike the "enlightened". They generally say a lot of BS and try to pass it off as higher thinking. And get away with it. What in the world? Why am I paying for higher education if these little (bad word)s can get a better reaction from the masses with cheap pills? (Yes, I've been hearing a lot of evangelist trash lately)
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:55 PM   #19
Wormboy

It IS possible to kill yourself with things like LSD, however in order to do so you would need to inject yourself with 2 grams in one shot. In other words, several HUNDRED hits.

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:40 PM   #20
Blindness is Black

...I will read this in its entirety when I am more coherent and get back to you. Good night.
Blindness is Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:51 PM   #21
insertwittyname

Ack! They are all buttholes! Hmmz, let me think...someone has gone insane pretty much, another person panics and calls...I can say you're an awsome person but should ditch your friends. They are beyond help. I am totally ick against drugs. *relatives turned creepy, drugs burn out your mind and turn you into creeps over several years* Rat them out, get them to help, if they start doing anything heavier. They don't need to ruin their lives completely.

Anyone who disagrees, with me, I'm sorry, but those are my views, please don't take them personally. Don't like them then let's ignore me and move on to the next comment to reply to.