Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 01-12-2008, 10:25 AM   #1
Cen0bite

Some people will try anything....

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe...ugs/index.html

A man dressed as a priest caught at Amsterdam's airport with three kilos of cocaine under his vestments claimed to police that his packages contained "holy sand", Dutch police said.

Police stopped the man at Amsterdam's Schiphol airport as he was transiting on a flight from South America, Robert Van Aapel, a spokesman for the Dutch Royal Military Police told CNN by phone Saturday.

"He refused to be searched saying that he was a religious person and it was not allowed," Van Aapel said.

"However, this is normal procedure so our officers insisted. They asked him again and after the second time they carried out the search and discovered the man had packs strapped to his legs below his priest's clothes. He told us they contained holy sand," he said.

He said the man, who is aged around 40 and a Bolivian national, was arrested Thursday after arriving in to the airport on a flight from Lima, Peru. He was attempting to transit on a flight to Milan when he was apprehended with the cocaine, worth around €105,000 ($155,000).

The Bolivian appeared in court Friday on charges of drug smuggling, Van Aapel said.

Dutch police are trying to establish if the man is a real priest after he claimed to be a senior member of the clergy in the Bolivian capital La Paz, he added. E-mail to a friend

Pinhead: What you think of as pain is a shadow. Pain has a face. Allow me to show it to you. Gentlemen, I... Am... Pain
-Hellraiser:Bloodline
Cen0bite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 10:28 AM   #2
Dark Clarissa

Holy sand! lmfao! Did he seriously think they would buy that line? (pardon the pun ;-) )
Dark Clarissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 11:06 AM   #3
Cen0bite

whoops..i accidently copied the 'email to a friend' link...heh..pardon that.

Pinhead: What you think of as pain is a shadow. Pain has a face. Allow me to show it to you. Gentlemen, I... Am... Pain
-Hellraiser:Bloodline
Cen0bite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 03:01 PM   #4
Lapin

...That's just sad. I'm not even a Catholic and I know there's no such thing as "holy sand".
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 07:49 PM   #5
Clockwork

'Least he didn't go dressed as a tree.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:48 PM   #6
Godslayer Jillian

This is what gives color to life.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:32 PM   #7
Miss Cogs

Heh. Holy sand....
Miss Cogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:48 PM   #8
Valerius

That's funny.

-Oscar Van den Boogaard, Dutch pacifist
Valerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 10:33 PM   #9
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
There's holy soil, holy water, holy oil but no holy sand.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:17 AM   #10
Don't Look Behind You

Location: a russian, vienna-educated, living in the Netherlands. beat that.
Um, well for the Russian Orthodox there is holy tree bark and holy hay and holy pretty much anything........just wanted to mention.
--If you want to love me you'll have to love my shadow. This black creature that is stuck to my feet and that hates the light whithout which it wouldn't exist. Sometimes, I think it is more me than I am. Please be gentle as you make my shadow white.

-- On soft pillows you won't ride into eternity and spilling your blood you won't get out of eternity again.
Don't Look Behind You is offline   Reply With Quote