Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 12-24-2007, 08:20 PM   #51
clockworkcoffin

ron paul has my vote.
clockworkcoffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 08:22 PM   #52
Xombie

I'm not sure who I want to win, but I DON'T want Clinton to win. I think she's going to focus way too much on women's rights. I'm not sure she has her priorities straight.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 08:23 PM   #53
clockworkcoffin

if clinton wins, we're royally fucked.
Old 12-24-2007, 08:31 PM   #54
Lolly PopMuzik

I want Kucinich even though his chances are slimmer than his wife. It's a shame they excluded him from some of the debates though.
Lolly PopMuzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 08:40 PM   #55
clockworkcoffin

sadly, i have to admit that neither ron paul or kucinich have any chance.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:17 AM   #56
CptSternn

clinton = republican in disguise.

1. She has voted FOR every measure bush and his cronies have floated in congress. From the war to education, clinton has BACKED the bush administration. Voting for clinton will be like voting in bush again, since so far her voting record mimics the hardline republicans.

2. She supports ALL of bushs current forigen policies. From sanctions, with the possibility of war, with Iran, to the blocking of talks with N. Korea, her foriegn policy is 100% the same as the current administration.

3. Her 'healthcare' system was created BY THE INSURANCE COMPANIES. This is something bush wanted to do, but was blocked. She is trying to sell it as something new, but this is a bush idea.

Everything clinton is proposing or backing is the exact same thing that bush is doing, was doing, or wanted to do.

A vote for clinton is a vote for an extension of the bush administration.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:05 AM   #57
CptSternn

Kucinich is telling his supporters to back Obama. I hope they listen.

Also, a few other bits about the repubs that are running...

First, lets look at huckabee. A former southern baptist minister prior to running for president. Anyone else think this is a BAD mix? The southern baptists are the crazies of the evangelicals. They are the ones who have a church that keeps those 'god hates fags' and other websites running. These people also include 'snake handlers' and other wacky mountain folk.

Huckabee himself has a sorted history which they have been trying to keep from the media - including his statements saying all fags are going to hell, and that AIDS is the new plague, cast down on unbelievers, and that those people should be kicked out of America, and quarantined for life (I'm not making this up - Google it!).

Then there is romney. He is a mormon. If you think southern baptists are bug-fuck crazy, then you have never met a mormon. Anyone not see the South Park episode where they explain mormonism? These people believe Jesus came back pretty recently and gave him a magic hat and magic stones so he could write a new book of the Bible - the book of mormon. What they also don't tell you - the mormons were kicked out of every major city when this happened - which is why they moved to Utah - and declared war on the US government. To make their point known they started by EXECUTING hundreds of unarmed men, women, and children to send a message to the US government. They recently made a movie - called September Dawn about this.

Magic hats? Magic rocks? Executing innocent women and children, Americans no less, to prove a point? Is that the stuff the next president should hold dear as a religious belief?

Anyone who googles 'southern baptist' (not just baptist, but SOUTHERN BAPTIST) will find page after page of racist, bigoted works done in their name, by their members.

Google 'mormon' and you find all the crazy shite these people believe is true.

Don't get me wrong, bush 'believed' there were WMD's, but I'm thinkin' if from the start the leader believes in magic hats and rocks or thinks - and has publically said - gays should be kicked out of the country, that right away those people SHOULD NEVER be considered for the position of president.

Then again after bush the bar has been set SO LOW these guys are a step up for their party...
Old 01-08-2008, 12:42 PM   #58
Signe

I have to say I am not so fond of any of them. They all seem like your average bunch of Christian homophobes to me.
Signe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:55 PM   #59
Lurcita

Fox news has banned Ron from the debate.
*pouts*
Lurcita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:40 AM   #60
dark_dragon_of_ice

Who do you guys want to win?
dark_dragon_of_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 11:03 AM   #61
Dreggas

I'd love to see an Obama/Edwards ticket before this is all over.

Hope to see Hillary go down in flames especially going after stupid crap like Grand Theft Auto as some part of a moral crusade to save our children.

She's nothing more than Leona Helmsley mixed with Tammy Fae Baker wearing a pant suit.
Dreggas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 06:15 PM   #62
Drake Dun

I just discovered that Paul rejects the theory of evolution, or at least is willing to say that he does. This comes not long after my discovery that he does not simply want Roe v. Wade overturned, a position with which I could sympathize... he is actively pro-life in the full sense of the word and takes the standard religious line that "life begins at conception".

All of this has, for me, seriously damaged the credibility of the only person I can recall actually wanting to become the President in my entire adult life.

The power of religion to poison and pervert a perfectly good mind is truly amazing.

Drake
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 12:32 AM   #63
Kanedawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_dragon_of_ice
Who do you guys want to win?
I think your signature may answer your question for me. My take on them is that they are used car salespeople from Hell. I might write in Dave Mustaine. Does he have to be running for me to do that?
Kanedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 12:37 AM   #64
dark_dragon_of_ice

I think I would vote for batman.
dark_dragon_of_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 12:51 AM   #65
Kanedawg

With Robin for V.P. Works for me! :^)
Old 01-12-2008, 09:28 AM   #66
Dreggas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanedawg
I think your signature may answer your question for me. My take on them is that they are used car salespeople from Hell. I might write in Dave Mustaine. Does he have to be running for me to do that?
Eh as much as I like megadeth, last I heard he became a fundie christian of the evangelical strain.
Dreggas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:36 AM   #67
Kanedawg

Really? Ew! He might actually have a shot then! Mustaine might be one of those people who had to go fundy in order to survive. (You know, heroine and stuff.) Or maybe he just believes in something more now as I do. A lot of people think you're either an atheist or might as well be dancing around in a snake church.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:23 AM   #68
ArtificialOne

Hm... seems to me much to celeb and not enough substance. Both clinton and Obama have little to no experience. Especialy Obama, I mean It's nice to have a young and vibrant person who spins a good line of BS and has charisma.. But I wouldn't vote my pizza delivery guy to run my country. Clinton is way too fake, even for a poli. I mean the fake accent when she was down south and the tears! Tears! WTF!

http://www.spike.com/profile/breitbart/video/2829104
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVlwH7-05Fk

Crackhead in whitehouse!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kXIW5MBvjs

Big business? Hypocrite? John Edwards?
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB118728685546999884.html

Uhg? Mayor Ruddi seems to have gone down in flames.. Pitty too. I liked him. Mccain is nice... but he seems to like Ted Kennedy to much, and seems to be too old. Romney looks to much like a cars salesman.. Huckabee? Don't know... But I do know at least Preachers seem to be less fanatical than there followers..

Can I just vote for Arnold?

“More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing, than by believing too much”
P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
http://www.myspace.com/lifeasartificial
ArtificialOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:09 PM   #69
Signe

I can not see any living American politician I actually like. The Swedish ones are funny, they appear on the fun kind of talk shows.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:15 PM   #70
Drake Dun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialOne
Uuuuugh. I want to puke now.

I would only vote for her if she promised to do new scary Hillary photos for us on a weekly basis.

http://www.zombietime.com/really_truly_hillary_gallery/

Drake
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:19 PM   #71
Kanedawg

I have no faith in any of them. I just hope it's not Bush anymore. (I know. He can't run again.) Or just a new sock puppet with the military's fist up its ass.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:49 PM   #72
KontanKarite

I'm watching Ron Paul's speech right now.

I think... I might be sold.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:27 AM   #73
CptSternn

I like Paul but he is the Kucinich of the republican party. His party thinks he is a joke, and will not support him. The old hats will make sure he doesn't make it out of the primaries.

This article today on Huckabee is distrubing...

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archi...15/579265.aspx

Of course anyone with a TV who watches NBC news saw this last night as well.

Huckabee says his first acts as president if elected would be to re-write the constitution and of course make abortion illegal and gay marriage illegal. He follows up by then wanting to spend trillions building a huge prison-like wall around the country.

You know, so America will have that 'East Berlin Chic' look.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:15 AM   #74
Kanedawg

I think you hit it on the head, Captain. Anyone who is worth having in office, who might actually change things, is weeded out by the corrupt system. I abhor politics even as I abhor those who peddle used cars. After I researched and wrote an article on the so-called USA Patriot Act for Gauntlet Magazine some years ago, I was so mortified that, prior to the last "election," I spent time registering voters, reviewed a Softskull Press book, *How to Get Stupid White Men Out of Office*, marched on the anniversary of the war, and ran about at night putting up fliers designed to get people to petition the corporate media regarding issues that are ignored by the same. After the "election," I pretty much gave up in disgust.

I didn't get past the second paragraph of your article on Huckabee.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:50 AM   #75
Signe

Obama seems like a hypocrite and Hillary is scary.