Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 12-26-2020, 05:13 PM   #1
Geoluhread

Angry Covid

How has it affected you?

I'll start: I'm home all the time and depressed. Yay! (not in a condescending way, I am truly thrilled that depression is the only consequence).
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 05:25 PM   #2
Midnight Blue Moon

Besides being sick of having to wear masks and stay home and junk, my parents in law (who are both elderly) are currently in the hospital with the mess. They're going home tomorrow, but I'm still very concerned about them and praying like crazy! (We both are!)

Just wish this mess would subside already. SOOOOO sick of it!
Midnight Blue Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 10:36 PM   #3
Midnight_Carnival

I'm still breaking up with Corona Chan.

headache, dry throat, sweating then my nose and throat started bleeding (ugly upper respiratory system infection), then drowning in sweat every night...
My whole family kind of runs a bit cold, so for us, normal body temperature is a high fever - the electronic scanner things didn't pick it up - then there was the coughing.
Mostly better now - still a bit sick, the sore whole everything, headache and constant exhaustion hasn't left me yet.

In my country there's a funky new heigth of fashion variant - it is far more contagious and far worse for younger people. This means my 60yr old mom got sick for a week and was back to doing mom stuff while I emo'd out and am still not well.

Yay, go Corona Chan

PS: who the fuck died and made me a "younger person" - I'm like a MIIIIILIOOOONNN!
Midnight_Carnival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 11:24 AM   #4
Tragic Blackheart

It took my beautiful sister Maggie away from me in April, to quote one of my favourite songs, life will never be the same again.

Oh, and my wedding got postponed twice, 21st June, 21st December. Fingers crossed for 29th January. Have to wear masks, can't have flowers, can't have music, and only 2 witnesses allowed, so the best man and one bridesmaid, no relatives friends or neighbours. So when lockdown ends we hope to have a very small socially distanced blessing down in the dockyard where our boat is moored.
Tragic Blackheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 10:25 PM   #5
Midnight_Carnival

For what they are worth, my blessings for your wedding and sentiments of solidarity for what your family went through.
I hope that if your sister has a form of metaphysical essence (I respect the beliefs of those who say that they do not), that it is in a state of peace and I wish you and yours well.
No morbid comments here this time, bless you.
Midnight_Carnival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 08:43 AM   #6
Tragic Blackheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight_Carnival View Post
For what they are worth, my blessings for your wedding and sentiments of solidarity for what your family went through.
I hope that if your sister has a form of metaphysical essence (I respect the beliefs of those who say that they do not), that it is in a state of peace and I wish you and yours well.
No morbid comments here this time, bless you.

thank you, very sweet of you.

Oh, Maggie LIVED. Celebrating her life, very much so! She spent as much time as possible on her trike, in the goth pubs in Camden London, smoking cigars, swilling gin and going to live gigs etc, wearing leather and lace... she was my biggest role model and I feel so so glad we had the 60 years we did. No regrets. Just smiles and giggles.
Old 01-06-2021, 01:50 AM   #7
Molster

Huuuuuuuuuuge hugs to you guys, hoping this all goes away soon and does no more harm to anyone here!

For me it hasn't changed things much...I don't work and hardly ever go out due to mental health issues and I have no family left to the best of my knowledge...
Molster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 12:44 AM   #8
Chelie

Even though I'm not in the risk group, covid really hit me hard. 6 of my 28 neighbors had died due to (caused by covid) pneumonia. Goddamn, they died just because. How's come in 21 century you struggle to live the proper life to die in a few days from the out-of-nowhere virus.
Chelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 01:11 AM   #9
Chelie

Using masks and gloves is my daily routine. Fuck it. I won't risk it anymore. I even buy them from online stores, such as https://harmonycr.com, to avoid any unnecessary contacts. I've heard we got a new covid mutation named omicron, which is much more dangerous than previous ones. Awesome...
Chelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 03:27 PM   #10
GothBoyOnTheWeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoluhread View Post
How has it affected you?

I'll start: I'm home all the time and depressed. Yay! (not in a condescending way, I am truly thrilled that depression is the only consequence).
Man, my already pliable and volatile mind fell for arguments and causes made by those who are deceitful, believing in these causes I did many things I regret.
GothBoyOnTheWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 03:31 PM   #11
GothBoyOnTheWeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragic Blackheart View Post
It took my beautiful sister Maggie away from me in April, to quote one of my favourite songs, life will never be the same again.

Oh, and my wedding got postponed twice, 21st June, 21st December. Fingers crossed for 29th January. Have to wear masks, can't have flowers, can't have music, and only 2 witnesses allowed, so the best man and one bridesmaid, no relatives friends or neighbours. So when lockdown ends we hope to have a very small socially distanced blessing down in the dockyard where our boat is moored.

If there is one thing assured with life it is death, but the soul goes on. I am sure your sister is waiting on the other side waiting to see you one again, and was with you in spirit at your wedding. How did the wedding go by the way?
Old 12-08-2021, 03:35 PM   #12
GothBoyOnTheWeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooker View Post
Oh, covid for me was a pretty hard period because I couldn't see my friends and family, and I was really lonely. My mental health wasn't in its best condition, and only CBD oils and discord helped me cope with everything. Now I know that if the pandemic starts again, I'll live with my parents not to go crazy.
Isolation leaves our brains to only critique itself if you can't keep busy, I am sure you know how this affects thought patterns, I am sorry you had to experience this. Not to be harsh, but do you think Discord has filled the void of lack of message boards for the youth?
Old 12-25-2021, 06:37 AM   #13
GothBoyOnTheWeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by specification166din View Post
Covid still hitting our country until now. Our restaurant business closed last August due to financial problem. What make me more sad was the decision that I need to let go of my beloved employess.
I share you sadness things had to end this way for you. But the memories and good times made while it was open will always be special and uniquely yours
Old 02-23-2022, 08:10 AM   #14
blareblare2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardsrobinso880 View Post
Self-quarantine cause me additional stress and challenge my mental health House Painting Near Me Philadelphia, Pa
This Covid bring me so much stress turned to depression.
blareblare2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 11:12 AM   #15
Tragic Blackheart

so sorry to hear about everyones covid struggles,
hope things improve for us all soon

our wedding went ok thanks to those who asked,
bit strange with masks on and hand gel asked for
no crowd to wish us well and so on
but we had our little celebration by ourselves when we got home again

first anniversary last month went in much the same way,
quiet celebration at home just the two of us

planning a short visit to Ireland when it's ok to go
have new inlaws to meet for the first time
and respects to pay to my new husbands parents who lie at rest in the family vault over there.

I guess life will take a while to get back to any sort of normal level for some of us, if, indeed, it ever does.

Life for many is just different now, and we have to make the best of it we can.