Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 03-05-2007, 07:04 PM   #51
Delicate_Torture

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.wes straker
(in a prior life i was a roman emperor)???
Yes, the whole line is... "Oh! Was I speaking Latin again? Silly me. Sometimes it just sort of slips out. In a previous life I was a Roman Emperor."

I'd like to blame my Australian sense of humour, however I think that sometimes it is just me and has little to do with my heritage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Now, on the subject of stupidity; I'm more interesting in knowing how the hell can we state that? We are one of the most adaptable species in the world, and definitely the most powerful. In terms of evolution we're going great, but why do we feel that this means nothing and we're worth no more than that?
When I started the thread it had been after an inordinate amount of run-ins with people who somehow missed the memo about humans being "one of the most adaptable species in the world, and definitely the most powerful" and they certainly missed the line about us being evolved. I'm not referring to people in a generic sense of 'mankind' but in a specific sense. For instance, I wonder how it is that we are the only species on the planet that can operate a can-opener and yet I work with a woman who is trained as a nurse who can't tell me why a catheter inserted through a urethra and into a bladder won't stop a woman from menstruating.

Some people are just stupid. To quote that perfect mirror of human behaviours that is the television show 'COPS' (Yes, I am being sarcastic, but it is worth watching at times just for a laugh) "So you are telling me that you innocently walked across the street and found a gun on the ground, picked it up and held on to it while you just happened to be standing on a street corner next to a transvestite who is known for selling crack?"
Old 03-05-2007, 07:08 PM   #52
mrs.wes straker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicate_Torture
I work with a woman who is trained as a nurse who can't tell me why a catheter inserted through a urethra and into a bladder won't stop a woman from menstruating.
It's disturbing that she's a nurse. "Somebody revoke her license!"
Old 03-05-2007, 07:08 PM   #53
ArtificialOne

Good one Mirazatha.

I'd love you if I wasn't a machine.

lol

And Jillian, a simple answer to your comment about stupidity. Law of averages. Everything has to weigh out, good and bad, etc......

“More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing, than by believing too much”
P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
http://www.myspace.com/lifeasartificial
ArtificialOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 07:10 PM   #54
ArtificialOne

Hey del, you don't live in adelaide do you? You look familiar....

“More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing, than by believing too much”
P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
http://www.myspace.com/lifeasartificial
ArtificialOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 07:17 PM   #55
Delicate_Torture

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.wes straker
It's disturbing that she's a nurse. "Somebody revoke her license!"
Ha. I found it more disturbing that she's a woman. Someone give her a hysterectomy, she doesn't deserve a uterus! And for gods sake, do it before she breeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialOne
Hey del, you don't live in adelaide do you? You look familiar....
Nope. I live in Sydney. I know I look familiar. Everyone says that I look like Nicole Kidman... especially being a svelt and slinky as I am.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:29 PM   #56
mrs.wes straker

After that all that's left say is -and I quote- "People Are Stupid."

You do look familiar. Except the lady that you look like to me is Indian, Black, possibly Chinese and wishes she were British.