Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 11-22-2008, 08:31 PM   #26
raggedyanne

true tribal fusion is pretty cool though
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 05:35 PM   #27
MollyMac

What- like ATS (Caroline Nerricchio/FCBD) or the more Rachel Brice/Zoe Jakes Styles?

Goth belly dance isn't my thang. But I do not see it as distasteful, nor is it disrespectful to it's root technique.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:20 AM   #28
raggedyanne

It's just a different interpretation, like putting ballet to Mötly Crüe (now that was pretty funny, I wish I had a video for you guys)
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:01 PM   #29
Sir Canvas Corpsey

I was watching some of the suggested dancers and unfortunately I was rather bored, it showed quite a bit of skill but it didn't captivate me at all, which is regrettable since I really wanted it to.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:38 PM   #30
raggedyanne

It is much more interesting live
Old 11-26-2008, 03:44 AM   #31
Sir Canvas Corpsey

As are most dances and performances, but the disheartening lack of anything resemblant to entertainment in the videos, makes me wonder if I'll risk ever going to see it if I have the chance.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:52 AM   #32
MollyMac

I get what you are saying there, ironic that so much dance is done solely for technique and danced for other dancers, usually dancers of the same style.