Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 09-14-2007, 03:08 PM   #1
kimaru

eyeliner

I found this web site with lots of eyeliner designs...although some look like a 3 year old scribbled on their faces, some look really good...If you want to look go here

http://forthedead.net/flowers/tasha/eyes/
kimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 03:47 PM   #2
TopHaggardDoll

I hate that site.

All the designs are terrible.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:51 PM   #3
kimaru

...I thought it was hilarous, like the blue one that went all over the girls face
kimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 05:12 PM   #4
††BlackRose††

A lot of them were weird. I need advice for eyeliner designs since every time i try to do a flick, I end up looking Egyptian. I'm serious!!! Apparently I can seem a bit Egyptian, but with the flick people say that I seem Egyptian. Its not the people since there have been others in my school who have tried the flick and it looks good on them, but I have been advised not to try it.

So do you guyz have any ideas?
††BlackRose†† is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 07:27 PM   #5
TopHaggardDoll

Egyptian is good. Look at Siouxsie.

I don't see why Egyptian is a bad thing. Maybe you could try toning the flicks down abit....to be honest though...I don't see anything wrong with what you're doing.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:36 PM   #6
kwaniesiam

A lot of those look like they got hit with a supersoaker full of liquid makeup.
kwaniesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 12:31 AM   #7
DarkGentleman

:::: sprays tea on the table ::::: cough cough, that was too funny kwaniesiam, I was drinking my tea and tried not to laugh, but ya got me there.

I did see alot of creativity there which is the good part, but most were a bit too extreme, kinda like something I saw at the Madri Gras years ago.

I do agree with kimaru about the "3 year old scribbled on their faces" look, I think they should have stayed out of their mommy's make-up vanity.
DarkGentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 04:17 AM   #8
Romantic Raven

Well, there are about 2-3 nice designs, but as for the rest... I'm not really into the whole eyes-running-down-your-face make-up.
"I have cultivated my hysteria with delight and terror. Now I suffer continually from vertigo, and today, 23rd of January, 1862, I have received a singular warning, I have felt the wind of the wing of madness pass over me." - Charles Baudelaire
Romantic Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 05:39 AM   #9
††BlackRose††

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopHaggardDoll
Egyptian is good. Look at Siouxsie.

I don't see why Egyptian is a bad thing. Maybe you could try toning the flicks down abit....to be honest though...I don't see anything wrong with what you're doing.
Really? Okay. Some people were telling me that its a bad thing but then again those same people may also have no idea who Siouxsie is. LOL.
††BlackRose†† is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 03:31 PM   #10
DefinedRapture

Some are nice(on that website down there), but mainly I find the majority of them are over done. That, and my eye structure would kill me if I ever tried any of those. tehe.
DefinedRapture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:03 PM   #11
kwaniesiam

Yea, there were about three I liked. The rest gave me an awesome image of something from LOLCATS. "I use mah eyecrayons to scibble on ur face!"
kwaniesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:18 PM   #12
L'Oiseau Noir

Oh my goodness that site made me laugh. You weren't kidding when you said it looked as if a three-year-old had scribbled on their faces... they sort of reminded me of clowns, in a way at least.

I never did elaborate designs with my eyeliner. The flicks is about as far and "hardcore" as I've ever gotten... I rather keep it that way, considering I'd probably turn my face into a Picasso piece if I tried anything further than that.
L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:32 PM   #13
Graveyard.Crow

I'm afraid to use eyeliner every day because well I wear bright lipstick and it kinda makes any other make up seem whorish and ALSO because I'm afraid that it will give me wrinkles from all the eye pulling.
Is that true?
Old 09-19-2007, 04:43 PM   #14
ForgetThisLostLenore

I would just get carried away. And my eyeliner is prone to being slightly smudged by the end of the day, which doesn't look too bad around my eyes, just looks smoky, but all the way down my face would look bad. Definitely when it was some elaborate design.
ForgetThisLostLenore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 05:06 PM   #15
TopHaggardDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ††BlackRose††
Really? Okay. Some people were telling me that its a bad thing but then again those same people may also have no idea who Siouxsie is. LOL.
THEN THEY ARE FOOLS!

lol
Old 09-19-2007, 05:10 PM   #16
TopHaggardDoll

See...I don't mind large designs around the eyes/heavy eyemakeup...I do it myself.

I think there are things you need to keep in mind though, like....does this suit my face shape!?...are my facial features hard enough to carry off heavy makeup!? Is it tasteful!? etc

Those designs remind me of that episode in the simpson where Homer creates a makeup gun...and then shoots it at Marge and she ends up with big blobs of makeup all over her face...hehehehe!

Good times.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:15 PM   #17
ForgetThisLostLenore

But some of those people went extremely overboard. There was the one that had make up down to her chin along the front of her face. But I have no problem with a tasteful, elegant design.
ForgetThisLostLenore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 06:46 PM   #18
KontanKarite

I thought a couple of them were kinda nice. Most of them weren't though.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 06:56 PM   #19
MidnightBanshee13

Ninety-eight percent of the pictures on that site were just plain ridiculous. Did anyone even see the picture of the girl with all those blue curly-q's around her eyes? (Shudders). Thanks to that girl, I am officially scarred for life.....

Ha, not really. But, you have to admit, most of the pictures on that site were horribly AWFUL.....
MidnightBanshee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:16 PM   #20
Christina_Death1334

I think it's safe to say that most of those were pretty awful. And very repetitive. How many times can one draw the same thing, each time calling it 'innovative'? Those weren't very good. Most of them left alot of room for improvement.
Christina_Death1334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:46 PM   #21
Utael

Quote:
Originally Posted by ††BlackRose††
A lot of them were weird. I need advice for eyeliner designs since every time i try to do a flick, I end up looking Egyptian. I'm serious!!! Apparently I can seem a bit Egyptian, but with the flick people say that I seem Egyptian. Its not the people since there have been others in my school who have tried the flick and it looks good on them, but I have been advised not to try it.

So do you guyz have any ideas?
Well i have one question for you do flick down or up, because flicking up creates an egyption style while down flick creates kindof a darker, and almost sadder appearance
Utael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 10:19 PM   #22
Green.Lady

I'm too soft-core for those. And some of them are just hideous on even the models. Cat's eye and simple flick line up is all I can get away with without looking like an imbecile.
Green.Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 08:34 PM   #23
Christina_Death1334

I used to do some scrollwork on the outer corner of one eye for special occasions. One day, I just quit doing it and was never able to again. I rather liked it, too.
Christina_Death1334 is offline   Reply With Quote