Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 11-19-2007, 01:27 AM   #1
Hackman

Hello all

Well after seeing so many people get ripped, here into for various reasons one of which is not properly introducing themselves i decided that i should do so. well ill start with the basics:

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)? a lot of things, i work on a farm for chips(less than minimum wage), i write various forms of literature, i graduated high school at 16 and am currently going to a local college getting a degree in psychology and criminal law. I listen to music(punk, metal, horror, few types or rap, techno, industrial etc.) and watch movies(depends on my mood really, anything from horror to chick flicks). and things involved with basic human survival.

2. Where are you from? A small town in southern Illinois

3. Who is your favorite author? Don't know really, like all people authors cant produce work of equal quality so i read on a book by book basis not by author

4. What are your favorite films? Fight Club, Donnie Darko, Butterfly Effect and old school Disney movies (pre 1995)

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? Haven't thought about it really

6. At your funeral? Depends on if i died now or in like 50 years, now Ive Seen Better Days-Sublime, Working Class Hero-GreenDay and Coming Undone-KoRn off the top of my head, in 50 years it would depend on how i lived my life

7. This IS a Gothic website, so... how do you want to die? That's a deep question, well simply after I've done everything i planned to do, more specifically in a fight with someone over how most religions are similar and he got pissed off cause i told him that Christ sounded like a hobo (walked around in tattered clothing, long hair, disdain for modern society and claiming to be the son of god) so he stabbed me with a cross because I'm going to hell anyway.

8. What kind of casket would you want? Industrial steel that's closed with rivets and bolts to keep kids from stealing my jewelry for coke money

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? The one i haven't worn in a while, you know the one.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? Cant think of anything really

11. What's your favorite band? same with my authors

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? High School, and first semester of college

13. Why did you join? meet some interesting people

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender? Male

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

Much Love,

Hackman

Last edited by Hackman; 11-19-2007 at 01:30 AM. Reason: spelling
Hackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 02:19 AM   #2
Nevan

Welcome to Gnet.

Getting stabbed with a cross sounds pretty interesting...

Alas! Must it ever be so?
Do we stand in our own light, wherever we go,
And fight our own shadows forever?
- Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Nevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 02:21 AM   #3
Hackman

Never experienced it, but in all likelihood, that is in the top 10 ways i can see myself dieing from non-natural causes.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:25 AM   #4
Nevan

Top ten - you've really thought it over, huh?

I have very little death-aspiration. I'd like to die from an orgasm.

Alas! Must it ever be so?
Do we stand in our own light, wherever we go,
And fight our own shadows forever?
- Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Nevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 02:31 AM   #5
Hackman

That would be interesting, the idea behind it could be quite painful, death through either orgasming out most fluid in your body or via your reproductive organs exploding from the pressure required. But more likely the you would die from a toxic dose of endorphins, which would mean you literally die from pleasure, sweet.

As to really thinking it out, i do enjoy thinking and with all my free time death has a high likelihood of coming up.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:39 AM   #6
Green.Lady

Hey thurr... you might want to check out the music forum.

Welcome.
Deliver me a paper
Green.Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 02:42 AM   #7
Hackman

I will eventually, but currently I'm watching over this thread(i would do both but alas my Internet connection is rather slow, one of the benefits of living 15 miles from any city with more than three thousand people).
Old 11-19-2007, 08:18 AM   #8
StasisInDarkness

Welcome indeed...
StasisInDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:31 AM   #9
Hackman

Thank you....? Unfortunately sarcasm doesn't travel well over the Internet, so should i be grateful, offended or saddened?
Old 11-19-2007, 08:34 AM   #10
StasisInDarkness

(Grateful I suppose? It wasn't intended as sarcasm, my apologies...I abuse the ellipsis, and I felt an exclamation point might be too...creepy)
Old 11-19-2007, 08:38 AM   #11
Hackman

hehe, Yes it would, after that bit of information im grateful on two levels:

1. For the welcome AND
2.For the not creepy explamation point :P

Bard College what are you studying?
Old 11-19-2007, 05:58 PM   #12
StasisInDarkness

Thus far, Psychology and Creative Writing, although, who knows!

At this point, anything could happen...
Old 11-19-2007, 07:10 PM   #13
Hackman

That's true, I've taken Speech and Criminal Justice so far, next semester I'm taking Psychology, Business Management, and Advanced Excel and Computer Applications. I was amazed by the difference between college and high school. Pleasantly so.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:27 PM   #14
Stormtrooper of Death

Green Day.........how I hate them. They are not punk.
Stormtrooper of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 07:35 PM   #15
Hackman

I know they aren't, and its a select few songs that i like. Mostly from Dookie and a few more recent ones, mostly Working Class Hero other than that i only listen to them when they pop up on my play list, never do i go out of my way to listen to them but i wont avoid it. Its not bad enough to avoid but also not good enough to look for.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:38 PM   #16
Stormtrooper of Death

Good, I don't want to flame anybody tonight. I'm the resident punk on this forum. I was given the title.
Stormtrooper of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 07:47 PM   #17
Hackman

I will take note, and address you as such, I'm not a punk really though. I honestly cant label myself, my taste is to varied to fit a specific type of class.(Not being a stereotypical een, in all honesty i cant find a label, and dont take offense if someone calls me something because something i like would fall into that type.)

P.S. Thanks for the whole "not flaming me thing".
Old 11-19-2007, 08:57 PM   #18
GothicChristian

You say you write many types of literature and graduated high school at an early age, yet you cannot seem to capitalize the word "I" you insist upon putting "i". But, all the same, welcome.

I'm sorry if that seems rude or mean, but I'm not in a particularly good mood, I've been skulking around the internet on different forums and some of the things I've been reading (mostly about Goths) has been truly agitating, to say the very least, without foul language.
GothicChristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 01:42 AM   #19
Hackman

To capitalize the word "i" would mean i put an importance behind the word, and i don't find it as important as other words so i don't tend to capitalize it. I know that i should following the rules of literature but it isn't as important as a name, when addressing myself in a formal fashion i always capitalize my name(Ex. Christopher John Hackman) but the word "i" is informal to me so i don't feel the need to capitalize it. When writing i do capitalize it, but in a conversational way i generally don't.

As for rude or mean, don't worry about it, i assume that its part of the nature of these forms. So its not really a big deal.

P.S. I generally find capitalizing "i" to be a bit pretentious, another reason i don't tend to do so.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:55 AM   #20
PersephoneX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
Good, I don't want to flame anybody tonight. I'm the resident punk on this forum. I was given the title.
Careful now, dont make me pull rank on you.
My brick and i are out for blood.
Hackman, welcome. If you're holding out on us, for fear of being flamed for your taste, then say so. Otherwise check out the music form. I just want to make it clear that Greenday already makes me dislike you...but it's nothing personal. Here, have an IcedZoo biscuit *passes cookie*
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 06:57 AM   #21
PersephoneX

P.S: i suggest capitalising your "i" after a fullstop.
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:00 AM   #22
Hackman

I just started catching it, prior to my more recent post(I.E today after 3:00 A.M.) I was exceptionally tired. As to being flamed for taste, I'm not trying to hold back anything, if you ask I shall tell. I don't want to say that I listen to a specific type of music or a specific band because it is not so, other than country, I listen to whatever I happen to feel like at the moment. Or I put all the music on my computer on and play it at random. The same goes for books(taste wise, not playing it at random, not possible with text, well it could be but it would be terrible). Movies are the same. Also fear of getting flamed here isn't a concern, I can hold up fairly well in an argument, I'm just choosing not to get offended and start something over something as minor as liking Greenday, if I'm going to argue I don't want it to be a waste of time(not that i think different music is a waste of time, its just that arguing with someone over music seems trivial to me, peoples tastes are different, I'm not going to budge and I assume you wont, so its a waste of effort on both parts). And that you for the cookie, it was delicious.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:08 AM   #23
Valerius

Yes... I knew this day would come. My arch nemesis, Gene Hackman. You've come to kill me after I blew up your evil turbo death base in the Pacific all those years ago?

Well I won't go down without a fight! Give me your best, Hackman!

-Oscar Van den Boogaard, Dutch pacifist
Valerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:16 AM   #24
Hackman

Valerius, I have found you after all these years. My new death base is hidden even better than before(although I admit floating it on a giant island was a terrible mistake) and you shall NEVER FIND IT MWUHAHAHAHA. The new death ray is almost complete and even deadlier than before, it has a kill rate of over .62%, as you well remember that is much better than the .03 of before. Those pluranium crystals that fell off you power belt were most helpful.

P.S. Stay out of Swaziland, it ISN'T there, i swear it!
Old 11-20-2007, 08:32 AM   #25
silverbaal

Welcome........

I took the warm little body in my hands, kissed the smooth face, caressed the long hair, - then strangled him and buried his body under a mountain of corpses waiting to be cremated.
silverbaal is offline   Reply With Quote