Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 11-16-2007, 03:06 PM   #1
Chazz

Your hobbies and interests!

Just list your hobbies and interests, this could be cool.

For me it's making games and cartoons, playing retro and new video games, I also play halo clix which is a table top halo game.

And finally drawing.

Go ahead and list yours. We all like music here so dont just say music.

Wii post.
Chazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:48 PM   #2
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I love theater, reading, writing, music (listening and playing), karate, soccer, and computer.

I also love to walk.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 06:05 PM   #3
silverbaal

music, trying to write songs, paintings and drawings (other peoples'), creativity, almost anything that was and can be created by people(music, art, literature, fashion, set/theater designs, etc. I think it's fascinating), animals, reading, writing, sketching, films, victorian and gothic ******[Edit: insert Nabokov's most famous novel here] fashion...
silverbaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 06:24 PM   #4
KontanKarite

Making hair falls. Indy modeling. Going to goth and punk shows. Reading. Internet. Meeting interesting people with cool life stories.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 06:28 PM   #5
spoon!

Let's see how boring I am: I love writing, collecting action figures, reading and collecting comic books, reading. The internet. Music, both listening and playing guitar and bass. Interacting with people who don't grate on my nerves.
spoon! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 06:30 PM   #6
Green.Lady

Reading, music, writing, reading, music, writing. That's actually, sadly, all I care about.
Deliver me a paper
Green.Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 06:33 PM   #7
Green.Lady

Wandering about is also fun, now that I think about it.
Deliver me a paper
Green.Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 06:38 PM   #8
d.Nox

Hobbies: Reading anything and everything, playing with my wife and son, long rambling walks, long rambling debates, a bit of writing and drawing, and wasting time on the internet.

Interests: Religion and philosophy of all sorts; literature; psychology, anthropology, and sociology; world history; art; cinema; Forteana; mysticism and the occult; astrology; modern physics; and pretty much whatever else I find in my way.
d.Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 06:39 PM   #9
DarkGentleman

Sewing/Fashion design, Music, some art, movies, reading, internet, hang out with my daughter, graveyards, going to fashion shows (mostly gothic or fetish ones), Yoga, going to bookstore and comic book store to poke around, long walks, and meeting interesting people. Sometimes during the winter I would some video games on my PS2, depending on the games.

Since I got a new digital camera, I think photography will come to my interest as well.
DarkGentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:22 PM   #10
Stormtrooper of Death

Pogoing at concerts (I'm the only one there who does it), working on my car, reading, writing, traveling, playing guitar, practicing with my band, music and meeting interesting people.
Stormtrooper of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:36 PM   #11
lilacgoddess

I enjoy jewelry making, reading, poetry(reading and writing), modifying clothing, creating, metaphysical and pagan studies, reading Oracle and Tarot, precious gems and stones.
Dancing, dancing, dancing, whips and some forms of bondage, sitting at Denny's after the Club drinking 6 or 7 pots of coffee with 3-10 fellow Goth-nighters at 5:00 a.m. and realizing that your drinking it black with no cream or sugar because you've had a few too many. ^_^ Thank Goddess that only happens on a Blue Moon!
lilacgoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 09:14 PM   #12
~Angel_Of_Darkness~

I love photography, working on my art, skateboarding (trying to, hehe).. I'm actually an amateur astronomer and am starting college next year as an Astronomy major, with minors in photography, art and theatre, so yeah, I LOVE what I do...
"And as always, innocent like roller coasters. Fatality is like ghosts in snow and you have no idea what you're up against because I've seen what they look like. Becoming perfect as if they were sterling silver chainsaws going cascading......."
~Angel_Of_Darkness~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 09:19 PM   #13
Paigeybobert

Movies, music, trying to get my hair to go into a deathawk, friends, and birds.
Paigeybobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:35 PM   #14
Nevan

Hmm, this could take a while -

First of all: Music - making, listening, learning to play all sorts of instruments - although it's not a hobby for me, it's what I am.

As for hobbies: Creating stuff (any stuff, any medium), building & fixing computers, playing chess, reading & writing, computer games, programming, graphic design, playing on the internet and collecting musical instruments from all over the world.

Sport hobbies: Fencing and scuba diving.

Interests: Movies, theatre, ballet, opera, classical concerts (that sort of stuff), computer gaming and hardware technology, learning things (any thing...)

Actually I guess 'learning things' sums it up.

Alas! Must it ever be so?
Do we stand in our own light, wherever we go,
And fight our own shadows forever?
- Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Nevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:17 AM   #15
disorder

Taekwondo mate. It's just like dancing, except you get to kick people any scream.

I suppose I like other things too, but kicking people in the head and then them not being angry at your after is a pretty beautiful thing.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:35 AM   #16
Minyaliel

Umm, this might become a long list - I've seriously got too many hobbies. Okay, here we go:

- music (listening to/ writing/ playing: flutes, guitar, uke, piano and more/ singing)

- Martial arts (archery/ quarterstaff/ fencing)

- dancing (show dance/ freestyle)

- Computers (Linux maintainance... if you can call that slow torture a hobby instead of a necessity)

- Drawing and design (mostly anything that can be DIY'd, along with stage costume design and scenography and make- up)

- Knitting

- Reading

- Playing practical jokes on people/ doing pranks (gods, how I love living in a dorm...)

- Collecting old LP's and vintage clothing

- Writing (poetry/ short stories/ songs)

- Animals (I swear I've got a whole fucking zoo in my dorm room)

- Languages

- Theatre and movies (acting, directing, making costumes & scenery, thinking of creative solutions to make the show work and so on)

- Clothes and fashion history

- Religions

I'm quite certain I've forgotten a lot of things in this list...
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 05:47 AM   #17
PersephoneX

I took up knitting. It keeps me busy.
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:52 AM   #18
Delkaetre

I like
drawing (almost exclusively inhuman slender humanoids with clothing I *want* to make, though)
writing (difficult without my own macine, ho-hum insurance...)
organising (thus the UKgothlist, helping out at B&V, and being press-ganged into creating GothSoc at my university)
making jewellery (found a new way to make rather nice pentacles from bugle beads....)
reading comics (Ellis, Ennis, Morrison- the Vertigo mantra)
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:23 AM   #19
DeathToLems

Hobbies: Imagining what my cat is saying, Having conversations with my cat. Playing with my cat. Watching my cat. Stroking my cat.
Shopping, Reading, Eating, Sleeping, Dreaming, Looking at things really closely to see the finest detail of things. Drawing, Creating something.

Interests: Everything and anything. Oh and my cat
DeathToLems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 04:57 PM   #20
suture-self

Dead people
suture-self is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 08:05 AM   #21
Ashlyea

Playing and *trying* to compose music for the violin, reading and drawing manga, sketching, reading about various things such as physics and astronomy. I like to observe the nightly skies when I can with my cheap-ass telescope.
Daydreaming and learning new things.
Ashlyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 07:31 PM   #22
MotherofMercies

Interests/hobbies:

Writing, cats, people (they interest me), cats, procrastinating, cats, my poodle, procrastinating, fishing, more procrastinating, wine, cats, my poodle, bacardi, and bodyart.

Former hobbies: designing clothes, poetry, drawing and internet.
MotherofMercies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 07:42 PM   #23
raggedyanne

Dancing (latin ballroom) is my life. I like archery, hiking, moshing, poetry, cooking/baking, rock climbing, music of all types, sneaking into clubs (not so much since I moved), reading big books with small type, acrobatics, yoga, standing on my hands in a crowded place, searching for gothy things in mainstream stores, drooling over gothy things and subsequently frying my keyboard, singing showtunes in geography class, hanging out in the abandoned hospital (I swear I see dead people - don' laugh at me), sitting on roofs, bonfires, the beach, people watching, walking aimlessly, playing on tire swings and little kid's playgrounds (not a ped.o.phile!!!), surfing, warm rainy days, fire, dressing outlandishly in public places, debating, being different
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 07:56 PM   #24
MollyMac

Competitive Highland Dance, Middle Eastern "Belly" Dance, Yoga, working out and reading almost anything on Revolutionary American history.