Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 11-14-2005, 01:33 PM   #26
rubedo

then following up with weskers thrust punch and sending them flying out of the village
Old 11-14-2005, 02:47 PM   #27
Demon Eyes

whoa, i just remembered another great gaming accomplishment.....
Getting all the different endings for CLOCK TOWER on the SNES w/o any codes or guides.
Pretty much it was a lot of trial and error, but that was a great game, it was kinda scary if you think about it, not to mention a bit difficult and spending a shit load of hours trying to figure out all the possible different ways of escaping.....OMG, I've wasted away my youth....:cries:
Oh well, it wuz worth it!
Demon Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 06:09 PM   #28
TeapotScar

Well, I'm okay at Super Smash Brothers.

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 06:15 PM   #29
Jane13

No real accomlishments... except for beating my childhood friend at pretty much any racing game or button smasher figting game. I also won a game of Super Smash brothers with three other experienced players the first time I played. I was Link... 'cause Link's just cool. And I haven't died or gone insane in Call of Cthulhu yet.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 07:02 PM   #30
Jane13

I really want an Xbox... video games just haven't felt the same since Dave killed me at Halo 2... I got him once, but I think he was letting me because I'd never played before. You'll show him, X!
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Old 11-15-2005, 01:32 PM   #31
rubedo

beating super smash bros melee on very hard with everyone and unlocking everything and defeating master hand and crazy hand on very hard
Old 11-15-2005, 01:36 PM   #32
Disfunction

Oh, oh, oh!

Biggest one thus far: Stopped myself from purchasing more games with the lack of money I currently and have previously suffered from. That's a gaming accomplishment that I will wave around with both arms in the air and my teeth clinching the very words as they are guided by thanks in part and whole to my tongue which will be coated in a thick layer of saliva. All of this attributed to the ability to purchase things like food.
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 01:42 PM   #33
rubedo

passing up a girl for halo 2....and i was..90 percent guaranteed to leave not empty handed had i chose the girl....TOTALLY WORTH IT
Old 11-15-2005, 01:54 PM   #34
spartan-117

I know this doesnt belong here...but "sadly" I too passed up a girl for something......pizza. yeah! good ol fashoned italian american pizza.
spartan-117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 09:44 PM   #35
Binkie

Employing a suicide car bomb in the multiplayer mode of Battlefield 2.

A friend of mine and I were playing on the insurgent side of a Fallujiah map in the game and we came across all these guys from the British side just sitting, hidding in the bushes, trying to capture a flag. So he comes over the mic and tells me we should suicide car bomb them. Since I had the special forces kit, I taped all these plastic explosives to the grill of this truck and he gets in and floors it towards these guys that are just hidden next to the flag. Meanwhile I'm sitting back a good distance with the remote detonator watching this. He crashes into the wall next to the guys and yells "Blow it! Blow it!" over the mic, so I hit the switch and all these guys just go flying all over the place. I took me about two minutes to stop laughing at the sick fact that we just used suicide car bombing as a legit tactic in a video game.

Maybe not a "great accomplishment," but the ingenuity behind it was funny... in a very sick and twisted way.

There was another funny part about the story where another guy from our squad was just listening to us talking about it and sat there in the truck and watched me plant C4 all over it, but somehow didn't realize he was riding shotgun in a moving bomb until the last minute.
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 11:13 PM   #36
winged_dreams

*cries* I can't really think of anything.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 03:54 PM   #37
Demon Eyes

I would like to add to my accomplishment list with my newest accomplishment: speedrunning SotN w/Richter in 2 hours and 6 minutes, my fastest time!!!
Old 01-26-2006, 04:03 PM   #38
bloodlust_punk

i so love the movie queen of the damned in fact im listening 2 theirs songs........rock on lestat!!!!!ooooo he is so hot and sexy.........like 2 meet them someday stuart townsend........i'm so depressed and so alone i feel like hanging myself and cutting myself all the same and my life sucks!!!!!!!!!!
bloodlust_punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 04:04 PM   #39
bloodlust_punk

sorri i don't have a picture it's juss i don't have a dittal camera
Old 01-26-2006, 04:27 PM   #40
bloodlust_punk

i love vampires so much.....they make meeh wanna juss drink blood myself.......lol
Old 01-26-2006, 04:59 PM   #41
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Beating Fallout 2 without cheating or using a walkthrough. I felt like a pixelated badass.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:39 PM   #42
Jane13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodlust_punk
i so love the movie queen of the damned in fact im listening 2 theirs songs........rock on lestat!!!!!ooooo he is so hot and sexy.........like 2 meet them someday stuart townsend........i'm so depressed and so alone i feel like hanging myself and cutting myself all the same and my life sucks!!!!!!!!!!
Shut up.

Quote:
sorri i don't have a picture it's juss i don't have a dittal camera
SHUT UP.

Quote:
i love vampires so much.....they make meeh wanna juss drink blood myself.......lol
SHUT UP!!

Anywho, I've been running a cyberpunk RPG over boards with two of my best buddies for a couple weeks... considering I've never GMed a game before and my friends keep telling me how much they love the game, and the fact that I've succsfully connected a lot events and kept moving forward in the plot, I'm rather pleased with myself.
-Cinema Strange
Old 01-26-2006, 07:02 PM   #43
cannibalnuns

I kicked Solitaires ass 8 times in a row. Yeah I am "core" like that and I tore up Joust back in the day.
Firmness in enduring and exertion is a character I always wish to possess. I have always despised the whining yelp of complaint and cowardly resolve.- Robert Burns
cannibalnuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 08:18 PM   #44
Demon Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane13
Anywho, I've been running a cyberpunk RPG over boards with two of my best buddies for a couple weeks... considering I've never GMed a game before and my friends keep telling me how much they love the game, and the fact that I've succsfully connected a lot events and kept moving forward in the plot, I'm rather pleased with myself.
Hmm, sounds intresting, how bout explaining the jist of this a bit more?
Old 01-27-2006, 09:14 PM   #45
Jane13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Eyes
Hmm, sounds intresting, how bout explaining the jist of this a bit more?
0.o ga...ja... someone CARES?! w007.

Here's the intro I posted when we switched sites...

"A band of soldiers in the distant future working for an organization kown as the IGM (Intergallactic Military) set out to teach technology to an uder developed planet called Gaiustart. Mirelle, a femme fatalle with an iron fist (literally, a mechanical arm), Ganget, The witty bubbly pilot, Richter, the caring but somewhat unintelligent phallanx man, Bowen an alien, but very humane docter, and Comrad Superior Nivek set on on an advanture where they come across Gallia, a small girl whose family is murdered, Tenag, a psychic and lifelong friend of Nivek, and Ik (Rurik), a stowaway on a commandeered ship. Through their advantures they discover sinister ties between the IGM and a planet buying company called Geigelcorp. They have just arrived on a small planet and are beggining to enjoy themselves... though they dfing that Mirelle's mother was a strange alien with a tendancy toward rage. The new desearters are building thier destinies."

yup ^.^
-Cinema Strange
Old 01-27-2006, 09:25 PM   #46
rubedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkie
Employing a suicide car bomb in the multiplayer mode of Battlefield 2.

A friend of mine and I were playing on the insurgent side of a Fallujiah map in the game and we came across all these guys from the British side just sitting, hidding in the bushes, trying to capture a flag. So he comes over the mic and tells me we should suicide car bomb them. Since I had the special forces kit, I taped all these plastic explosives to the grill of this truck and he gets in and floors it towards these guys that are just hidden next to the flag. Meanwhile I'm sitting back a good distance with the remote detonator watching this. He crashes into the wall next to the guys and yells "Blow it! Blow it!" over the mic, so I hit the switch and all these guys just go flying all over the place. I took me about two minutes to stop laughing at the sick fact that we just used suicide car bombing as a legit tactic in a video game.

Maybe not a "great accomplishment," but the ingenuity behind it was funny... in a very sick and twisted way.

There was another funny part about the story where another guy from our squad was just listening to us talking about it and sat there in the truck and watched me plant C4 all over it, but somehow didn't realize he was riding shotgun in a moving bomb until the last minute.
ive been gone forever---but let me say binkie--stellar---just stellar
Old 03-03-2006, 05:49 PM   #47
grimreaper993

Beating Halo 2 on legendary.
grimreaper993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:01 PM   #48
Lackluster_Heavens

...Killing lady Nagefein (Sp?) in the way way old Everquest, yes I know i'm a complete nerd.
Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.
Lackluster_Heavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 01:44 AM   #49
pitseleh

Shooting the pilot out of a HIND helicopter in Battlefield 2 with the .50 cal sniper rifle. Among other heroic feats and impossible long-distance pistol shots too numerous to mention.

Binkie, we should be in a squad together sometime.

I rule at Battlefield 2.

(My player name is unwound, by the way.)
pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 07:54 PM   #50
angleangel_doom

Beat the Legend of Zelda A Link the the Past on a marathon in 5 hours!
Hells yeah!
angleangel_doom is offline   Reply With Quote