Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 10-15-2008, 08:02 PM   #126
Jonathan

My funny vote is for Maniac Mansion

My serious vote is for Phantasmagoria, with an also-ran of Quest for Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness

Games were better when you had an action bar, and every problem could be solved by picking something up and showing it to someone else a few screens later. You kids don't know what you're missing.

Analog stick, my foot. Harrumph.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:05 PM   #127
Saya

You mean games like Monkey Island where you had to rub every item agaisnt everything in the enviroment to make progress? ^_^ I've played a few of them, as a kid I played King's Quest, Monkey Island and Grim Fandango. I'm currently replaying the Monkey Island series and also playing Indiana Jones And The Fate Of Atlantis. Go DOS!
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:25 PM   #128
Jonathan

Sam and Max had some fun moments. So many games, so many memories.

My all time favorite moment in all of gaming history has got to be throwing a pie at the yeti. Nothing compares to the hours, hours I spent trying to get past that damnable beast. Nothing worked. Nothing except that awful pie. I almost put my fist through the CRT.

Ah, the good old days.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 01:41 PM   #129
Elysiume

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
Silent Hill didn't have zombies o.O they were demons. Which one did you play?

Five Days a Stranger was awesome, I didn't like Seven Days a Skeptic though.
Is 7 days a skeptic the one set in space? I didn't like that one, there was no Trilby.

Uh...I might be thinking of Silent Hill 2. There's this part where you walk around in the fog for ages and it's really irritating because you can't see anything and then these zombies jump out at you and you're like, "Well THAT was unexpected". Hehe, sorry for the rant.

"I am a citizen of the universe!"
- Porucík Servadac, Na Komete (1970)
Elysiume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 04:00 PM   #130
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysiume
Is 7 days a skeptic the one set in space? I didn't like that one, there was no Trilby.

Uh...I might be thinking of Silent Hill 2. There's this part where you walk around in the fog for ages and it's really irritating because you can't see anything and then these zombies jump out at you and you're like, "Well THAT was unexpected". Hehe, sorry for the rant.
Yeah, 7 Days A Skeptic had two things agaisnt it: No Trilby and the part where the killer could show up randomly and kill you. ADVENTURE GAMES SHOULDNT HAVE COMBAT DAMMIT.

Silent Hill 2? Not zombies, patient demons! Yeah the beginning of the game isn't great, pretty funny actually, but once you get going it just slowly wears away at your nerves. Actually when you walk in on Pyramid Head ****** mannequins it gets pretty scary. The puzzles are pretty hard though, how was I supposed to know I was supposed to take those hairs and that bent needle and put them together to fish the key out of the drain? How?

But if you want to learn how to get out of the fog just follow this cartoon, its hilarious. "Dead people can't write letters....its illegal."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neS5QtU2xRE
Old 10-25-2008, 05:30 AM   #131
Elysiume

Haha. xD
I got bored of Silent Hill 2 pretty quickly. There were so many keys and weird doors that I couldn't even remember which one I was trying to open. And the navigation was sooo annoying. Surely they could've come up with something more original than "mysterious fog" to create atmosphere.
By the way, what is behind the big door? The one that has something like "The door of nightmares, opening in darkness" written on it.

Old 10-25-2008, 07:40 AM   #132
$haDe

I'll say.... Gothic series.

LOL
Old 10-25-2008, 10:21 AM   #133
MegearaErotica

The Bloody Mary game where you go into the bathroom alone and say her name into the mirror three times... Hey, they never said it had to be a video game, just a game.
Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you. If I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.
-Monty Python and the Holy Grail
MegearaErotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 10:38 AM   #134
$haDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegearaErotica
The Bloody Mary game where you go into the bathroom alone and say her name into the mirror three times... Hey, they never said it had to be a video game, just a game.

Ahhh!!!

Cheater!!!!

*point a finger toward*
Old 10-25-2008, 10:40 AM   #135
MegearaErotica

*Avoids flames*
^.^
Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you. If I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.
-Monty Python and the Holy Grail
MegearaErotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:11 AM   #136
Opteron_Man

Doom was pretty good. I loved the music in it too.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:28 AM   #137
Saya

Quote:
Haha. xD
I got bored of Silent Hill 2 pretty quickly. There were so many keys and weird doors that I couldn't even remember which one I was trying to open. And the navigation was sooo annoying. Surely they could've come up with something more original than "mysterious fog" to create atmosphere.
By the way, what is behind the big door? The one that has something like "The door of nightmares, opening in darkness" written on it.
I think they explain the fog in the first game, I think its not actually fog but soot or something like that, I can't find the game anywhere, I downloaded an emulator once but it drove me nuts how the sound didn't fit what they were saying. I might try finding a better one sometime.

The first part of the game where you're in the apartments is the most annoying thing about it, I swear once the apartments are done its an amazing game. You meet a lady named Maria and they have epically lame dialogue, but the game just starts to slowly wear down on your nerves, the hospital level where there are those damn nurses....*shudder* the worst part is either the Labyrinth because Pyramid Head can randomly pop up sometimes, or in the Hotel you lose your weapons and you're defenseless for a while >.<

I can't for the life of me remember what is behind that door.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:42 AM   #138
Elysiume

What about Postal 2?
I love that game. It really reminds me of JtHM, the guy in it looks so much like NNY.

Old 10-29-2008, 09:34 AM   #139
PortraitOfSanity

I dunno if anyone mentioned it yet, but the "Thief" series (Thief: The Dark Project, etc) has a really cool Steampunk setting.
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 12:40 AM   #140
Jaye Jang

Just like the skulls.

http://www.gladdening.com/Games2/mor...mortanoid.html
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:29 PM   #141
Necrotansy

Don't know if anyone said this, but MediEvil & MediEvil 2 are pretty Goth. Also, Soul Reaver.
Necrotansy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:45 AM   #142
Maggoty Anne

Quote:
What about Postal 2?
I love that game. It really reminds me of JtHM, the guy in it looks so much like NNY.
Holy shit I want that game. Isn't it funny how well JTHM and other obscenely violent and sadistic things keep you sane?

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines is the most gothic game I have. I LOVE that evil snail thing that stores people's blood, I use it as an excuse to go on homicidal sprees. I wish the Malkavian's power's were as cool as the Tremeres, though. I want head explody!
Old 11-29-2008, 10:27 AM   #143
metatrondarkangel

Jericho
quake
Left for Dead
metatrondarkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:09 AM   #144
Neurasthenis

Old favorites:

Shivers
Cyclone

I liked the atmosphere and music.

Dead Space is also a very good one for a newer generation video game.
Neurasthenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:32 AM   #145
Scrumptious Bitch

America McGee's Alice is probably a good contender.
Scrumptious Bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:12 PM   #146
Vivi

Diablo and Diablo 2 have been 2 games that ive enjoyed that have had a creepy atmosphere. Theres alot of undead and dungeons and pools of human soup....yummy.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 06:07 PM   #147
Gothing

Mystery Case Files : Reavenhearst
Mystery Case Files 2: Return to Ravenhearst
Gothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 07:22 PM   #148
Genocide

Devil May Cry and Requiem Bloodymare.

I don't know if anyone knows abut Requiem, it's a free to play mmorpg, and it's quite gory! My PC can't run it sadly, but I've been dying to play it.

Edit: And vampire the masquerade bloodlines.
Genocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:45 PM   #149
Loz

Rule of rose for PS2 has an old-fashion, styalized look to it. It's a survival game about an adult woman who has to obey a group of girls who follow 'the rule of rose' or else she is dead. But it was banned in the UK, so I never got to play it. It looked really good from the trailers.
Loz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:46 PM   #150
Engelheart

I dont know if anyone mentioned it.....really cool game....one of the best i ever played

Still life

Its about one female detective who is solving case of serial killer who is killing prostitute....and her grandfather in past who was also detective and solving the similar case.....

the game is dark^^..and there are lots of cool crime scenes...and the killer is wearing something Phantom of the opera style
Engelheart is offline   Reply With Quote