Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 10-01-2010, 08:36 AM   #126
vindicatedxjin

Sad thing is...I think this conversation could actually happen.

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:38 AM   #127
Solumina

I do too, I'm just glad I never had any teachers or professors who would stand for such a thing.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:06 AM   #128
viscus

My response would be something along the lines of: "Well gravity is also a theory." *drops a pencil on the floor* "Did I just blow your mind?"

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:45 AM   #129
Despanan

Relevant sermon from Brother John Murdock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:10 AM   #130
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain View Post
Philosophy is something of a science...
God, I am so ignorant at times.

It is not something of a science, it is a science.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:14 PM   #131
Despanan

Hey Corpsey,

Still waiting for you to disprove that whole list and justify the divinity of the Bible.

I'm sure you're hard at work, but it's been a couple of weeks. Can we get a time frame as to when you're going to be done?
Quote:
Old 10-04-2010, 07:26 PM   #132
LaBelleDameSansMerci

The Bible (and all religious texts, for that matter, barring any written by animals, though I'm pretty sure that last was just to cover my ass) was written by humans.
It could be that (the) God(s) recognized the diversity of humanity, and the personal nature that religion would take on, and allowed that vagueness to occur?
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:59 PM   #133
Alan

Contradiction =/= vagueness.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:21 PM   #134
LaBelleDameSansMerci

No, but weird context and metaphorical language can. Those can look like contradictions when isolated from their original source.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:13 AM   #135
Joker_in_the_Pack

"I don't think religions are religions. No, I think they're philosophies with some good ideas and some fucking weird ones."

- Eddie Izzard

</irrelevant post> carry on.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 02:38 AM   #136
Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
Hey Corpsey,

Still waiting for you to disprove that whole list and justify the divinity of the Bible.

I'm sure you're hard at work, but it's been a couple of weeks. Can we get a time frame as to when you're going to be done?
Hey dude, I'm currently weighed down with final week tests/assignments and looking for employment so I am not homeless when my student allowance runs out. I've focused on a couple, but for now, I'll look at the ones you seem to focus on the most. If you have any favorites that you would like me to have a look at, please do mention them and I will do those first. When I no longer have to worry about my current circumstances, I will get onto all of them.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:09 AM   #137
Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan
88. The disciples were commanded immediately after the
resurrection to go into Galilee
Matt 28:10
The disciples were commanded immediately after the
resurrection to go tarry at Jerusalem
Luke 24:49
89. Jesus first appeared to the eleven disciples in a room at
Jerusalem
Luke 24:33,36,37/ John 20:19
Jesus first appeared to the eleven on a mountain in Galilee
Matt 28:16,17
90. Christ ascended from Mount Olives
Acts 1:9,12
Christ ascended from Bethany
Luke 24:50,51
K, let's do these suckers one by one. I will be quoting from my translation of the scriptures.

Then Jesus said to them: “Have no fear! Go, report to my brothers, that they may go off into Gal′i‧lee; and there they will see me.” - Matt 28:10

And, look! I am sending forth upon YOU that which is promised by my Father. YOU, though, abide in the city until YOU become clothed with power from on high.” - Luke - 24:49

These two came from separate instances, days apart from each other. The first was what Jesus said to his disciples after seeing them together in Jerusalem, telling them to meet him in Galilee. The latter is what he said to them many days later right before his resurrection to Heaven. He was telling his disciples to wait in Jerusalem for an outpouring of Holy Spirit to come on them, which eventually occurred at Pentecost.

And in that very hour they rose and returned to Jerusalem, and they found the eleven and those with them assembled together - 33

While they were speaking of these things he himself stood in their midst [[and said to them: “May YOU have peace.”]] 37*But because they were terrified, and had become frightened, they were imagining they beheld a spirit. - Luke 24:36-37.

This was the second time Jesus had met some of his Disciples that day. The first time was when two were traveling away from Jerusalem and then the two traveling returned to tell the others, which is when this occurred. Soon after, the disciples went to Galilee (refer to Matt 28:10) and...

However, the eleven disciples went into Gal′i‧lee to the mountain where Jesus had arranged for them, 17*and when they saw him they did obeisance, but some doubted. - Matt 24: 26,17.

This happened. The two meetings were different instances at different times, not contradicting each other.

50*But he led them out as far as Beth′a‧ny, and he lifted up his hands and blessed them. 51*As he was blessing them he was parted from them and began to be borne up to heaven. - Luke 24:50-51.

9*And after he had said these things, while they were looking on, he was lifted up and a cloud caught him up from their vision.

12*Then they returned to Jerusalem from a mountain called the Mount of Olives, which is near Jerusalem, being a sabbath day’s journey away - Acts 1: 9,12.

These two places are virtually the same place. Bethany and The Mount of Olives are in the same vicinity and there are verses where both locations are referred as being near each other. Either way, his Heavenly resurrection occurred in the same location. Also, Luke and Acts were written by the same person.

So... no contradictions here, dude. If these so-called contradictions can be proven false, is there a chance the rest which you enjoy using might also be false? Food for thought.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:43 PM   #138
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
These two came from separate instances, days apart from each other. The first was what Jesus said to his disciples after seeing them together in Jerusalem, telling them to meet him in Galilee. The latter is what he said to them many days later right before his resurrection to Heaven. He was telling his disciples to wait in Jerusalem for an outpouring of Holy Spirit to come on them, which eventually occurred at Pentecost.

This happened. The two meetings were different instances at different times, not contradicting each other.
Okay, then where in Matt are they ordered to Jerusalem? Where in Luke are they ordered to Galilee? I mean these are both accounts of the same thing right?

Quote:
These two places are virtually the same place. Bethany and The Mount of Olives are in the same vicinity and there are verses where both locations are referred as being near each other. Either way, his Heavenly resurrection occurred in the same location. Also, Luke and Acts were written by the same person.
PROVE IT. Why should I believe that Luke and Acts were written by the same person when all the Gospels are anonymous? Also, I can straight up tell you that even if they were near each other (prove it) they certainly weren't the same place.

Quote:
So... no contradictions here, dude. If these so-called contradictions can be proven false, is there a chance the rest which you enjoy using might also be false? Food for thought.
Nope, sorry, It don't work that way. Even IF everything I've recently quoted is proven false (and it hasn't been), Kontan and I already said we didn't think this list is fair. We know there are "contradictions" that don't jive. I could name 15 right now off the top of my head, but guess what? We don't claim a divine mandate on our list. You claim a divine mandate on your book, so if even ONE of these is actually a contradiction then your book is broken, and as you base your entire worldview on the writings of a couple of pissed off dessert nomads who's minds would be blown by the concept of indoor plumbing...well you know. Food for thought.

Tell you what, let's do a hard one. How is this not a contradiction?

Proverbs 15:3 The eyes of the LORD are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good.

Psalm 139:2-3
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.

3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.

When compared to this:

Deut: 13:3 you must not listen to the words of that prophet or dreamer. The LORD your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and with all your soul.

Why the fuck does God test people if he already knows what's going to happen? If God is all knowing, why did he have to send Angels to scope out Sodom and Gamorrah?

Why does God preach against murder, then Order King Saul to commit Genocide (1 Samuel 15:1-33), and when Saul chooses NOT to commit Genocide, why does god make him insane and take away his throne?

Either he's a total asshole who wants to torture you, or your book is fucking broken. There's no other option.
Quote:
Old 10-07-2010, 10:02 PM   #139
ssj_goku

look, the only raison yer saying yer and Atheist is because yer on the devil's side. that's what an Athesit is anyways.

I bet those "contradictions" were put there bi the NWO to maek us not believe in jesus.
ssj_goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:27 PM   #140
magnus13

boy it really is funny watching this goku guy try to spell.
magnus13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:50 PM   #141
XxCire_StarzxX

I'm Christian.

Perhaps God was bi polar?

Or as somebody pointed ut, the Bible was written by humans. Humans sin, and enjoy twisting everything around.

I've been here a day, and I agree watching goku ty to spell, or gain some intellagence.

Last edited by XxCire_StarzxX; 10-11-2010 at 04:52 PM. Reason: I forgot something
XxCire_StarzxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:18 PM   #142
Alan

You're a christian bi goth. By the prolapsed anus of your most beloved saint, tell me you're a troll.
real classy
Old 10-11-2010, 06:23 PM   #143
XxCire_StarzxX

No. I'm not a troll. I'm serious. My beliefs of Christianity are a little different. The Bibly contradicts itself and of course it would because it is written by humans. Pretty much everybody, at my church is accepting torwards everybody and sometimes helps at gay pride rallies. (exscluding the crazy old bat whom thinks my best friend is a terrorist merely because she's muslim and raves about terrorism) I'd rather just believe that God knows that love is love and can't be stopped.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:47 PM   #144
Alan

So when you say your beliefs are different, you mean your beliefs are exactly the same as every bullshit christian teenager clinging to the last strands of rationalization left in favor of that jew that liked dudes.
real classy
Old 10-11-2010, 06:49 PM   #145
XxCire_StarzxX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
So when you say your beliefs are different, you mean your beliefs are exactly the same as every bullshit christian teenager clinging to the last strands of rationalization left in favor of that jew that dug dudes.
I did'nt really get what you said. But bassically to me, God loves all.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:51 PM   #146
Alan

Basically you like The Devil Wears Prada and you tolerate everyone who is going to hell anyway and Darwin was a communist.
real classy
Old 10-11-2010, 06:52 PM   #147
XxCire_StarzxX

Quote:
Basically you like The Devil Wears Prada and you tolerate everyone who is going to hell anyway and Darwin was a communist.
No. I don't think anybody, but Hitler and those whom have like desroyed the world with their hate are going to hell.

People can hate, but not destroy everything with their hate. I'm guessing.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:54 PM   #148
Alan

Let me ask you something. At least you don't think evolution is wrong, right?
real classy
Old 10-11-2010, 06:57 PM   #149
XxCire_StarzxX

Quote:
Let me ask you something. At least you don't think evolution is wrong, right?
I think that God created the apes and they evolved into humans.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:04 PM   #150
Sinjob

I don't understand this bitch. She's like some Jesus/Darwin hybrid. That don't work. Not only that but she forgot about the DINOSAURS Fredritch Kneetcha created to distract Karl Marx from Saul of the Mole men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain View Post
God, I am so ignorant at times.

It is not something of a science, it is a science.
You correct yourself too much, O wise man.
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote