Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 07-14-2007, 05:16 AM   #26
Tha Duckman

I'll say it's romantic! Who DOESN'T love the purple bloated face of a corpse as poo slowly drips from its leg from a height.

Sexy or WHAT!
Tha Duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 06:03 AM   #27
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I have such a fear of dying young, that is unreal to even imagine wanting to die like that so young.

It's so sad, I wish nothing but the best for the families.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 06:15 AM   #28
Methadrine

It must be pretty horrible to outlive ones own child...

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 06:28 AM   #29
Don't Look Behind You

Location: a russian, vienna-educated, living in the Netherlands. beat that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Duckman
I'll say it's romantic! Who DOESN'T love the purple bloated face of a corpse as poo slowly drips from its leg from a height.

Sexy or WHAT!
*sigh*

romantic in a twisted sort of way, was what I meant. In a sense that it is very absurd to hang oneself when there are so many other quicker and more modern possibilities.
--If you want to love me you'll have to love my shadow. This black creature that is stuck to my feet and that hates the light whithout which it wouldn't exist. Sometimes, I think it is more me than I am. Please be gentle as you make my shadow white.

-- On soft pillows you won't ride into eternity and spilling your blood you won't get out of eternity again.
Don't Look Behind You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 01:56 PM   #30
Emerald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Hanging is definitely a weird way to die. It seems very...old fashioned, which bothers me somehow. I mean, it frightens me.
It does seem old fashioned, a little bit like unneccessarily suffering but it's also quite a common way to commit suicide. I've lost 3 people I've known (one a friend in real life, another a close internet friend and the other a brother of a close friend) to suicide by hanging. When I made a serious attempt in 1992 I also chose hanging, at the time it just seemed appropriate. In a way I wanted people to know that I had been driven to take my own life, I didn't want people to ever be wondering did she mean to do it or not, I wanted it to scream "yes this is a suicide". It also seemed to be the way that made the most of a statement about just how dark life was for me, the fact that I had chosen to hang myself was my way of saying "yes this is really how bad it was". Part of it also was the "romantic" idea of it and of course being in the grips of severe clinical depression you don't exactly think rationally. I was very fortunate that the rope broke after I had blacked out (and panicked and choked and felt like my eyes were going to burst out of their sockets) and I came to lying on the loungeroom floor. All thoughts of suicide left at that moment and I was extremely grateful and happy to be alive.
Emerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 01:58 PM   #31
the-broken-harlequin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Duckman

Sexy or WHAT!
(lee evans voice) Fucking yeah!
the-broken-harlequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:46 AM   #32
Valerius

This shit always seems to happen in Japan. Harharhar! Y'know, they post suicide pact ads on the internet and commit suicide together.

-Oscar Van den Boogaard, Dutch pacifist
Valerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 05:48 AM   #33
Don't Look Behind You

makes me think...would be a great way to finish someone off....make a suicide pact and then back out in the last moment without your victim knowing it.....
--If you want to love me you'll have to love my shadow. This black creature that is stuck to my feet and that hates the light whithout which it wouldn't exist. Sometimes, I think it is more me than I am. Please be gentle as you make my shadow white.

-- On soft pillows you won't ride into eternity and spilling your blood you won't get out of eternity again.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:42 PM   #34
raineofblood

That's terrible. Why didn't any of their friends intervene after seeing those tid bits on their myspace?
Old 07-16-2007, 07:00 PM   #35
Haex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't Look Behind You
makes me think...would be a great way to finish someone off....make a suicide pact and then back out in the last moment without your victim knowing it.....
You'd have to get some kind of false relationship beforehand with the person, which is probably the most heinous part of the plan, in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxy3E1OHPN0

Quote:
That's terrible. Why didn't any of their friends intervene after seeing those tid bits on their myspace?
That's a good question. They all decided that it was a good idea?
Haex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 06:08 AM   #36
Don't Look Behind You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haex
You'd have to get some kind of false relationship beforehand with the person, which is probably the most heinous part of the plan, in my opinion.
True. And yet theoretically speaking that's the part that makes the whole plan into a very good idea.......I am thinking this yould be quite a nice theme for my next short story......*wanders off in deep thought*

Old 07-18-2007, 06:01 PM   #37
biohazard

Why do they make such a big deal out of something like this? If I commited suicide tomorrow, would it cause this much of an alarm?

I do not understand what is gained from advertising this kind of news. It just makes things worse. The two girls probably detested their lives and wanted to reach freedom, and they chose death as their path to freedom.

It was the decision of the two girls. Everyone should respect that.