Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 03-15-2006, 10:27 AM   #1
NyQuil of Doom

Everything you never wanted to know...

Hi, everyone... Figured I might as well jump on the bandwagon here even though I'm not usually one to give into peer pressure.

I'm NyQuil of Doom, you can call me NyQuil, Ny, NoD, Big Fucking Q, or whatever other nickname you can come up with that's not too degrading (wouldn't care to be called "Stupid Worthless Bitch" or something, for example). I'm somewhere in my 20's... old enough to legally do everything I'd want to do but young enough to still have fun doing it. I live in the middle of nowhere. (Actually I'm not fond of giving my location online; I can be a bit paranoid like that.)

I'm female, naturally "soft black" hair (meaning it's actually naturally such a dark brown that "dark brown" isn't dark enough and black dye tends to match it well enough) and naturally very pale skin... no plans to do anything about my lovely pallor but I do dye my hair; currently it's what Ultress calls "Darkest Mahogany Brown" and Nice-n-Easy calls "Burgundy Black", which when freshly-dyed was almost the colour of an eggplant. I've got plans to bleach it out and dye it strawberry blonde soon (you can go ahead and take points for that), might go pale platinum again in the future if I can do it without breaking all my hair off. I'm a shade over 5'6" and on the thin side (not sure of my weight but I'm kind of a ruler-shape who generally wears a size 4 or 6, although I do get a bit more curve if I put on a corset.) There are pictures somewhere in the Picture Thread. I've got really dark eyes, thinnish lips, and a hooked nose, which makes me look like a female version of Severus Snape (from Harry Potter, for anyone who didn't know that...)

I'm currently unemployed and trying to find something that isn't in retail or foodservice, since I am tired of dealing with idiot customers and the public at large. I'm trying to find a kind of clerical job, preferably one where I'll be sitting at a computer and not dealing with the public, unless it's on the phone or something.

I generally dress in whatever I feel like wearing... I'm all scandalous today and NOT in black (not like anyone'll see me when I'm off in the middle of nowhere anyway) but I do wear a lot of dark colours; mostly black, red, and jewel tones. My music tastes are pretty eclectic as well, so it's probably easier for me to list what I don't like than what I do.

I also like a variety of books and movies; generally I'm into horror, fantasy, mythology, some sci-fi, and mystery/suspense as far as fiction goes.

Hobbies-wise, I like to surf the Internet, role-play, and do various arts and crafts things. I knit, and I've discovered that using size 10 crochet cotton on a size 5 knitting needle makes a nice mesh fabric, so I can make my own mesh armwarmers, tops, and accessories. I also enjoy sewing, my next project will be a black crushed velvet dress with green trim at the sleeves.

I'll post pictures of the dress when I have the time and sewing machine access to make it, and I'll post pictures of my hair when I dye it.

I've rambled on a good bit more than I expected to here... anyway, that's me in a nutshell except for the lovely age and location issue, and one of those I gave you a range on. Location will stay as it is in my tagline: Satan's medicine cabinet.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:31 AM   #2
Empty_Purple_Stars

Hey Beautiful!!

We missed you round these here parts..

Good to see you back again..

Please join me in welcoming the Lovely Lady with the COOLEST Screen Name EVER!!!!!

*smooches*
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:33 AM   #3
Reject_Bunnies

Hi there,glad to meet you.
{NyQuil of Doom,for that 'not-so-Goth' feeling}
Reject_Bunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:40 AM   #4
Ben Lahnger

NyQuil of Doom ... for that can't-catch-my-breath, sweat-breaking-out, why-is-my-skin-so-hot, everything-is-going-black, I-think-I'm-falling-over feeling ... when you want that feeling, take NyQuil of Doom!

Welcome back, beautiful! Nice introduction ... like, Mega-Whoa information!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:54 AM   #5
WolfMoon

Cool intro!

I wasn't trying to pressure, but, like everybody's doin' it man! j/k

I'm making a skirt this week. I'd love to see your dress when it's done. I loved the corset pix! *drool*
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 06:04 PM   #6
tenet_2012

NyQuil of Doooooooom!

Glad to see your green death flavor back on these boards!

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote