Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:04 PM   #1
Amani 愛

Inglorious Basterds

I saw it on Friday and I actually really enjoyed it. The sound track made me happy!
I was wondering if any of you saw it and what you thought of it?
What was your fave scene?
Any negative criticism?
Whatever

I thought the whole American Negro .vs. king Kong thing was hilarious…
Amani 愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 06:16 PM   #2
Saya

I'm so so torn, money's going to be tight for the next few weeks and I'm not sure if I should see this, Ponyo (as it may be Miyazaki's last film, it may also be my last chance to see one of his films in the theatre), or District 9 which I heard amazing things about.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 06:28 PM   #3
Amani 愛

My friends saw District 9 and Basterds... they said Basterds was better but the District 9 was still good. Just go to the theater early pay to see one movie and then sneak into the next for free.... if you find that to be morally apprehensible then just see the other two on the internet later… not that it makes a difference.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:48 PM   #4
Saya

Yeah but bootlegs of movies that aren't out on DVD yet tend to be filmed via shaky hand cameras, I hate that. I don't think I can get away with sneaking into a movie, they're really careful about that, it used to be easy to pass the stub to someone but I think they caught on to that so they made the place where you line up to give your ticket really narrow, so you can't pass it over. You can't sneak over easily either, they have the theatre divided into small sections so its easy for them to monitor.

I do have a few favours I could call in though...hmmm.

I have a few favours I could call in though XD
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 06:59 PM   #5
Amani 愛

YAY!! call them in ! call them in!
Old 08-24-2009, 05:58 AM   #6
Raptor

*Inglourious Basterds

I thought it was really good. It wasn't at all what I was expecting, mainly because before I went to see it, I didn't watch the trailer and I read something saying it had inspiration from the Italian movie Inglorious Bastards. I thought it said remake. It's completely different.

Scenes with Christoph Waltz in them were my favourites. But the bar scene was good too.

I haven't seen District 9 but I'm fairly sure Basterds will be better.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:07 AM   #7
msg_themoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
I'm so so torn, money's going to be tight for the next few weeks and I'm not sure if I should see this, Ponyo (as it may be Miyazaki's last film, it may also be my last chance to see one of his films in the theatre), or District 9 which I heard amazing things about.
Next chance you get go and watch Ponyo!! Those films are too astounding not to see in a theatre! You were probably gonna do that anyways.

As for Inglourious Basterds! It was an amazing movie and I am happy with the historical inaccuracies!!!!!

I need me some of that sweet lovin'!
msg_themoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:49 AM   #8
vindicatedxjin

I LOVED INGLORIOUS BASTARDS!! Props to Quintin...I loved the languages, I loved the humor, I even loved the bad guys. Brad Pitt was HILARIOUS. BONJOURNOH!!!

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:36 AM   #9
SiouxsiePernova

I wonder why Tarantino decided to misspell the film's title?

SiouxsiePernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:34 AM   #10
Raptor

Wiki says that Basterds is because "that's how you pronounce the word" and there's no explanation for Inglourious other than "that's the Tarantino way to spell it".

Though it does also say that Inglourious Basterds is written with that spelling on Aldo's rifle, I didn't notice it when I saw the movie.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:08 AM   #11
Merula

I remember seeing the rifle.

I saw both D9 and IB, and I liked D9 more for it's commentary on apartheid, but IB was total fun. The title I was told was taken from a 70's WWII film, but the storyline is not the same.
Merula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:14 PM   #12
DemiGoth

Ignlorious looked a bit too slow and gory, I like fast paced violence like in District 9. Plus I couldn't really tell if Inglorious was meant to be a comedy or not. Just didn't really appel to me. I saw District 9 and GiJOE though, both were good. District 9 was probably the best Sci-Fi action movie since Terminater 2.
DemiGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 06:10 AM   #13
Corpsey

Last time I checked Tarantino can't read or write too well so perhaps that was the reason for the spelling error and they decided to keep it anyway for kicks and giggles.

I want to see it but I, like Saya, have tough financial times ahead of me, thus the opportunity to see it in a theatre is rather remote.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:42 AM   #14
Mr E Nigma

I want to see it as well, but I also have financial issues, economy hates us all.

SAYA, ponyo is incredibly cute, go see it
Old 08-31-2009, 09:30 PM   #15
erotomaniac87

Great movie. Worth watching solely for Christoph Waltz' amazing performance.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:53 AM   #16
The Divine Ms. M

My friend & I both wanna see this: I like Brad Pitt she likes Tarentino. Can't wait! I think how BP signed on to do the movie is hilarious!
The Divine Ms. M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 02:41 AM   #17
Necrophagist

District 9 is the only good alien movie.

I am the Antiproduct!

There is, they say, no fool like an old fool - Golding.

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:05 PM   #18
Pineapple_Juice

Loved it loved it loved it loved it. It was fan-fucking-tastic, though quite obviously not historically accurate.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:06 PM   #19
Pineapple_Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
Last time I checked Tarantino can't read or write too well so perhaps that was the reason for the spelling error and they decided to keep it anyway for kicks and giggles.

I want to see it but I, like Saya, have tough financial times ahead of me, thus the opportunity to see it in a theatre is rather remote.
Someone told me that there was a movie that he really liked that was either called Inglorious Bastards or they used that name in their film, and as I said he really really liked the movie so he just changed up the spelling.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:08 PM   #20
Pineapple_Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicatedxjin View Post
i loved inglorious bastards!! Props to quintin...i loved the languages, i loved the humor, i even loved the bad guys. Brad pitt was hilarious. Bonjournoh!!!
...gorlami
Old 09-09-2009, 03:14 PM   #21
Felreaper

Go see Inglourious Basterds, forget the rest, see it!!!
Felreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 06:35 AM   #22
Amani 愛

I saw district 9 last weekend and it was really good.

BUT, Inglorious Basterds was still better.

I really really really want them to make a District 9 two... Or I guess a Ditstrict 10. District 9 would be a great fricken comic book cuz there is tons of room left for exploration the movie doesnt cover everything thats there.... BLA bla bla...
Old 09-16-2009, 01:48 AM   #23
Joker_in_the_Pack

Inglourious Basterds is funny as hell, but I think District 9 is the better movie. It had much more depth to it.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:59 AM   #24
gothicusmaximus

I heard every Jew should see this movie.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 05:29 AM   #25
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack View Post
Inglourious Basterds is funny as hell, but I think District 9 is the better movie. It had much more depth to it.
I disagree, Basterds was funny and had some great acting and I enjoyed it much more. Overall I guess I enjoyed D9 but the beginning is boring. I assume it's supposed to be the apartheid related part but it did a shitty job of it by making the aliens seem to have very little intelligence and act more like animals than anything else. Neither movie is particularly deep and I prefer the outright fun of Basterds, I'd much rather see it a second time than I would D9.