Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 03-13-2007, 01:53 PM   #51
Senor_Sadomachism

BTW not everyone knows what Goth is so to me the only thing that matters is the stereotypical bitches who say that Goth is this and that when they don't even know what it is and have the nerve to say that it's about devil worshipping, killing others, etc. Hot Topic is right about one thing... "It's all about the music."
Senor_Sadomachism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:01 PM   #52
Draconysius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor_Sadomachism
BTW not everyone knows what Goth is so to me the only thing that matters is the stereotypical bitches who say that Goth is this and that when they don't even know what it is and have the nerve to say that it's about devil worshipping, killing others, etc. Hot Topic is right about one thing... "It's all about the music."
It's actually more than that. If it really were "all about the music", then your mom would be goth for loving the Sisters. The musical tastes are an essential part of gothdom, but there's also a dark aesthetic that connects us all. It's what defines us all. Besides that, there's a certain ideology that all true goths share. It is the need to express oneself at all costs, the need to be an individual, and I also think there's an inquisitive and analytic nature to it. These are just my thoughts, though.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:03 AM   #53
mrs.wes straker

True...even though I don't say I'm goth 'cause yes, I still hate labels...

There is definitely a connection. For example, I realized how many people like myself have the same music taste: they love dark, synthesized music--oh crap I'm talking about Synthpop again. There are a couple of types of music goths seem to gravitate toward. As for the fashion, I love 80s and basically daring stuff. Admittedly, it usually turns out looking more like something from the village or punk than goth. Whatever it is, it's thrilling. It makes me laugh when people whisper to themselves or tell me I look weird.

But moving on, wanting to be different from the general public is definitely something most on this site have in common.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:24 AM   #54
wishcat

Hmm... Where I live there are not so many goths around but we do have a shit load of emo kids and emo looking kids that claim they are goths.
There is nothing we can really do about the fad. It's a phase that shall soon pass. Maybe in the end I can find some cool looking clothes on sale. =p
Old 03-14-2007, 07:33 AM   #55
Draconysius

Dear god, will the emo-bashing ever end?
Oh, and I forgot to add that something ALL goths share in common, without a doubt in my mind, is extreme creativity.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:48 AM   #56
Dark Templar

Why care about what’s "mainstream" and what’s not? If you think something is cool, then get it and don’t give a fuck about what other people think. Being Goth is about what you are on the inside, so why care so much about clothing?

-Stephen King
Dark Templar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:54 AM   #57
Draconysius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Templar
Why care about what’s "mainstream" and what’s not? If you think something is cool, then get it and don’t give a fuck about what other people think. Being Goth is about what you are on the inside, so why care so much about clothing?
Because it's also about self-expression.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:39 AM   #58
Dark Templar

of coerce, i wasn’t saying anything against it. What i meant was that you don’t need to have "Gothic clothes" to be a Goth.

-Stephen King
Old 03-14-2007, 09:42 AM   #59
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMac
Christ.

This fucking thread reads like the head cheerleader showing up to see that the nerd girl is wearing the same dress at prom.
I'm sorry but I agree
Old 03-14-2007, 09:43 AM   #60
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Templar
of coerce, i wasn’t saying anything against it. What i meant was that you don’t need to have "Gothic clothes" to be a Goth.
Maybe not, but goth still involves a sertain taste in things that will defenetly influence your choice in clothing.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:50 AM   #61
Dark Templar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard.Crow
Maybe not, but goth still involves a sertain taste in things that will defenetly influence your choice in clothing.
Of coerce, i have never stated anything against that!

-Stephen King
Old 03-14-2007, 09:56 AM   #62
Graveyard.Crow

Hehe I know I was just adding something to the tread
Nice picture by the way, what movie is that from again?
Old 03-14-2007, 10:00 AM   #63
Dark Templar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard.Crow
Hehe I know I was just adding something to the tread
Nice picture by the way, what movie is that from again?
Stheephen King's IT

-Stephen King
Old 03-14-2007, 10:02 AM   #64
Graveyard.Crow

In the movie I saw the clown (Tim Curry) looked a bit less freaky.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:11 AM   #65
Linen

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery".... okay maybe not always.

Regardless of what stereotype someone fits into, there will always be "snobs" who think that anyone who isn't just like them are poseurs (be it goth, punk, preppy, etc). While many of them are just in a fad, many others are simply newbies who finally found their true selves (or finally feel comfortable enough with themselves to dress the way they've always felt they should, but were previously too afraid to for fear of what parents, teachers, or "friends" would say).

Dress how you want to, listen to the music you want to, have your own beliefs, and nothing else matters. Who cares if other people are fake? (Okay, I know we are all bothered by fake people to an extent, but to me fakeness is more about someone's attitude than clothing). You may go to school with and/or work with them, but nobody said you have to be friends with them.
Linen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:15 AM   #66
Dark Templar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linen
"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery".... okay maybe not always.

Regardless of what stereotype someone fits into, there will always be "snobs" who think that anyone who isn't just like them are poseurs (be it goth, punk, preppy, etc). While many of them are just in a fad, many others are simply newbies who finally found their true selves (or finally feel comfortable enough with themselves to dress the way they've always felt they should, but were previously too afraid to for fear of what parents, teachers, or "friends" would say).

Dress how you want to, listen to the music you want to, have your own beliefs, and nothing else matters. Who cares if other people are fake? (Okay, I know we are all bothered by fake people to an extent, but to me fakeness is more about someone's attitude than clothing). You may go to school with and/or work with them, but nobody said you have to be friends with them.
Hier hier!

-Stephen King
Old 03-14-2007, 10:47 AM   #67
Graveyard.Crow

You know what I just realised? I am technically a prep, I used to go to a private school.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:50 AM   #68
Dark Templar

so did i but I dont think THAT makes you a prep.

-Stephen King
Old 03-14-2007, 08:51 PM   #69
MollyMac

If you do your own thing and are comfortable with your overly-self-expressive, uber individual selves, what the fuck does it matter if your perceived style is mainstream?

Some people never learn to be content.

Bitch because you are outcast.

Bitch because the look is haute du jour.

...christ. and still it goes on.

And nothing makes you anything but what you make yourself to be. SO much time is wasted defining the self, when it seems so many others are willing to do it for you, free of time and charge.