Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 11-25-2008, 03:52 AM   #1
-Dark-

Goths and Suicid

It would be desirable to find out your opinion, why people when know that a man is the supporter of gothic subculture he is necessarily examined as potential suicide And sometimes yet and as nekrofila, if he adds that likes to go for a walk on cemeteries
P.s And did ideas visit you about suicide? If yes, how were you from them delivered, or they from you?
P.p.s this theme was lifted Possibly, but I do not know about it?
-Dark- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 03:58 AM   #2
Albert Mond

In Russia do they examine Goths for suicidal tendencies? I think that's rather silly.
Ideas have visited me about suicide multiple times. I tried hanging myself a bunch of times, too. Nothing high enough inside, and I didn't want to do it in a public place. I take a medication, now. It helps.
Not sure if this theme was brought up, before.
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 04:04 AM   #3
jack_the_knife

Russia is a very judgmental country. They actually outlawed emos. I don't know about suicide. If I were to commit suicide I would do it far away from civilization, and try and do it as clean as possible.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 04:07 AM   #4
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_the_knife
Russia is a very judgmental country. They actually outlawed emos. I don't know about suicide. If I were to commit suicide I would do it far away from civilization, and try and do it as clean as possible.
They outlawed South Park, too.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:23 AM   #5
$haDe

[quote=jack_the_knife]Russia is a very judgmental country.

Really ?

How come I feel like it was a beautiful and comfortable place.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:23 AM   #6
Maggoty Anne

I tried to commit suicide when I was seven, then again when I was nine. It wasn't because I was depressed (though I was) but because I have Tourette's syndrome and OCD.

"Rare complications of Tourette's Disorder include physical injury, such as blindness due to self-inflicted eye injury (from head banging or eye-gouging)..."

It's extremely rare and hard to understand, but I was having tics involving banging my head against the wall, trying to strangle myself with my hands, trying to drown myself, et cetera. I couldn't walk down the street without having an overpowering urge to throw myself in ront of a truck. I didn't want to die, I was fucking terrified.

And I lied in the abortion thread, I was in the psyche ward for repeated attempts to gouge my eye out. I never realised the it was because of my Tourette's, though. That's the disease they make fun of in Deuce Bigalow, Not Another Teen Movie, and in one unforgivable incident, Prairy Home Companion. On NPR. That's right. And of course there'sthis cunt.

I shoulda just made a thread in the whining section. :o
Old 11-25-2008, 05:28 AM   #7
MollyMac

Wow. Do not get me wrong, nothing is sacred and so everything is to be made a mockery of, but damn. There are boundaries of taste on such things.

Ya think they'd've made such a complilation of someone wasting away from mesothelioma? I mean, gee, it must be fun to watch them cough until they bleed...

Jesus christ, people suck.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:40 AM   #8
Maggoty Anne

The NPR one is what really gets me. I used to like Prairy Home Companion, but now it makes me sick. The Tourette's Syndrome Association gave a formal press release in response, and of course Garrison Keillor ignored it.
http://www.tsa-usa.org/news/Garrison-Keillor.htm

Not all depictions of Tourette's are bad, though. I loved whatshisname in Matchstick Men. I love Monk too, though he doesn't have it. And the South Park one doesn't even really warrant mentioning. It's just because some of us have coprolalia.

Want to see a parody I like?
Quote:
"I amam- I AM SPANK THE MONKEY 17 years old and CUNT CUNT CUNT CUNT CRAP CRAP SHIT have Tourette Syndrome. (pop) I do not find your FUCKING article (jaw flex) funny or amusing in any way, and I would like it GEORGE DUBYA BUSH MOTHERFUCKING BASTARD DIPSHIT DUMBASS (crack) removed or changed as soon as SPEARCHUCKER possible.

Let me tell your DICKHEAD about TITTYLICKING BITCH Tourette Syndrome:

* Less than 20% of BULLSHIT Tourettes sufferers swear. You can COON blame television, blame TV, for always HORSEFUCKER focusing on the JESUS DONKEY-FUCKING CHRIST bad side of a terrible thing.

* The main symptom of ANN COULTER CUNT BITCH SLUT Tourettes are involuntary m-MOTHERFUCKER-muscle spasms, or JAP "tics" which can range from (whap) head nods, to a small knee SHIT jerk.

* Tourettes is no ARSE-FUCKING BASTARD (cracks knuckles 11 times) laughing matter, it causes children FUCKERS to be bullied at SPIC school for something they cannot control, and it has even caused teenage sufferers to become NIGGA-BAIT manically depressed and commit suicide.

* There is no BOLLOCKS cure, and the DONKEY-PUNCH drugs that are available to "calm" the tics often have adverse BULLSHIT side efects. In fact, I BLOODY QUEEF once took a drug called "hanna perodol" which BALLS caused my entire DAMN IT body to go numb and basically made it worse DELICIOUS CAKE than it is without the FUCKING drug.

I am an active JACK OFF member of a TWAT-SUCKING tourette syndrome association and BOOBS I am making steps towards BASTARD eradicating the public PENIS view of Tourettes as a "JESUS TITTYFUCKING CHRIST swearing" disorder, because it is DOUCHEBAG much much more.

I am sorry HAIL SATAN! for FUCK "hi-jacking" your entry on DICK-SUCKER uncyclopedia, but (twitch) it is stuff like this WOP that really YOUR MOTHER SUCKS COCK IN HELL annoys me. I am working towards CUNT a better future for all TAR BABY tourettes sufferers, and you can do the same by SMEGMA editing this MASTURBATION article. Remember, everything ****** here is meant YEAST INFECTION to be funny, and making HOT NUTS fun of a horrible disorder is SCUMBUCKET not funny at all.

Thank you for your KRAUT time.

Best TOWEL HEAD regards,

Phillip "NIGGA" Baker"

-Uncyclopedia
Old 11-25-2008, 06:12 AM   #9
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggoty Anne
The NPR one is what really gets me. I used to like Prairy Home Companion, but now it makes me sick. The Tourette's Syndrome Association gave a formal press release in response, and of course Garrison Keillor ignored it.
http://www.tsa-usa.org/news/Garrison-Keillor.htm

Not all depictions of Tourette's are bad, though. I loved whatshisname in Matchstick Men. I love Monk too, though he doesn't have it. And the South Park one doesn't even really warrant mentioning. It's just because some of us have coprolalia.

Want to see a parody I like?
"Broadway Tourettes"? Honestly? Does this mean I should be offended if he does a show featuring "Opera Bi-Polar"?
Old 11-25-2008, 06:40 AM   #10
Maggoty Anne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Mond
"Broadway Tourettes"? Honestly? Does this mean I should be offended if he does a show featuring "Opera Bi-Polar"?
If the Bi-Polars are forcibly segregated from the rest of the people visiting the opera, probably. Although if it were parody it would likely be justified, as they would all be acting like Johnny the Homicidal Maniac.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:41 AM   #11
dark luna

Wink

It's extremely rare and hard to understand, but I was having tics involving banging my head against the wall, trying to strangle myself with my hands, trying to drown myself, et cetera. I couldn't walk down the street without having an overpowering urge to throw myself in ront of a truck. I didn't want to die, I was fucking terrified.

I shoulda just made a thread in the whining section. :o[/quote]

No need for that ;-) i would like to say that in the UK there was a Big Brother(dont know if is the same name everywhere) with a contestant Pete,the lead singer in rock roll band named daddy fantastic with tourette's syndrome,he won the show everyone just loved him not cos of tourette's syndrome but actually cos he was just fun..crazy in the good way,charming... bit punk,quite a cool style..he used to do that,as well sometimes..
I believe it open the eyes of lot of persons and it was educational but of course i dont think the bb intentions weren't that clean..they just want viewers as they = cash...but in way UK are embracing as in this week was reported that parents are choosing to have babies with the down's syndrome as people are aware that isnt need for discrimination..movies and series recruit actors to inform persons about it..dont get me wrong every place has persons that can be destructive and others that accept and celebrate all that human beings...
dark luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:01 AM   #12
SKULHEDFACE

If you are using the word examined, as in when viewed by other people then there is an easy answer. Most people are biased to begin with, or simply misinformed. I've been accused of being a satanist several times throughout my life just because of how I look and because I'm not christian. I never give praise to Satan or say anything that could be considered satanic.. some folks are just narrow minded. I blame the teachings of their parents, and their parent's parents.

If you are using the word "examined" in a medical sense, to be examined by a doctor or psychiatrist then it beats the hell out of me.

I've had suicidal thoughts several times throughout my life. For a time I used to cut myself, and it isn't something that I'm proud of by any means. What kept me from committing suicide is a number of things cowardice being one of them. The thought of my little sister growing up without a big brother is another. The heartbreak my mother would suffer knowing that her only son is dead. And lastly the idea that I am not one to give up so easily. By taking your own life you are only rushing to the finish line for no reason. What thing could be so terrible that you simply can no longer stand being alive? Death comes for us all in the end so I don't see why one would rush to greet it when they have years and years to live yet. Even if you live those years as recklessly as possible, or struggle through them, or heaven forbid you actually turn them into something constructive looking back you will always know that you made the choice to live, and can do so without worry or fear, because what is the worse that could happen..you die?
SKULHEDFACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 05:47 AM   #13
Minyaliel

I almost didn´t survive my tweens. Now I know better. ´Nuff said.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 12:42 AM   #14
Jaye Jang

Wow, is Russia becoming the new 'Boston?' (Remember how everything used to be 'banned in Boston?'). That's a bummer. And the Tourette's thing. I have two friends with Tourette's and they have enough social challenges without dealing with unnecessary flak.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:25 AM   #15
NaughtyKitten

just wow. that's all i can say. banned emos?
NaughtyKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:29 AM   #16
LovelyxBlackLace

Some people commit suicide because they have severe OCD.
LovelyxBlackLace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:57 AM   #17
Anarasha

As to the OP's question as to why the Russians do that:
Stereotypes.
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 05:55 PM   #18
Catch

Stress related disorders afflict over two-thirds of the population. Depression is caused by stress related disorders. Goths talk openly about everything; including, suicide. This does not mean all Goth are going out and killing themselves or doing any of the other topically related subjects. If anything, that is the difference between Goth and the mainstream, because Goths don't play the same stupid head games that can be summed up by say, "Shut Up!"
Old 11-09-2009, 07:48 PM   #19
Ben Lahnger

So why the hell did this trash get resurrected after it was dead and buried for nearly a year?

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:49 PM   #20
MollyMac

It's even more macabre when they reanimate it after a year of decomposition.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:35 PM   #21
the-nihilist

I know! And then people keep posting lots of nothing and bumping it to the top!

Whoops.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:39 PM   #22
Catch

This thread sold be in whining anyway.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:47 PM   #23
requiescant_in_pace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_the_knife View Post
Russia is a very judgmental country. They actually outlawed emos.
let's all take a moment to think about how funny that is....wether it happened, or someone justthought it happened...it's just such a funny thing to hear someone say.

whew...I did'nt even read the other posts...what the hell was this guy talking about?
requiescant_in_pace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:08 PM   #24
Ben Lahnger

If you'd have read the other posts, you might have avoided asking the stupid question ... and maybe even posting.

This thread was dead and unused since late November 2008, and then some fucktard recently revived it and started answering the original poster as if they were still around. Since no one has seen any sign of him in nearly a year, responding to him or even questioning him are as pointless as this thread.

So stop responding to it and let it DIE!!!!!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote