Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 04-12-2011, 06:16 AM   #1
Sonow

Wasup I'm Alexander.

My friend showed me this site and I thought it was cool.
But I'm Alexander, and. I'm not a dumb noob, but I'm a noob to the site. So. I just copied the INTRODUCE sticky and I'm answering questions. Anyways,
I work at the movies. Work is life since I dropped out. Fuck some school. I'm from Lexington, KY.
I don't really read too much. But at the moment I'm thoroughly enjoying rap lyrics(the good ones).
My favorite films are the same as every guys. Watchmen, Dark Knight, Taken, Pulp Fiction, Fight Club, Some other assorted few.
I don't want a wedding or a funeral. It's not me. And I mean. I've always pictured myself dying by some car accident or something like that. Maybe getting shot. That seems likely too. I don't want a casket. I wanna be ashes. The clothes I wear are pretty basic. I'm just a jeans and T=shirt kinda guy with maybe a flannel and a jacket if it's chilly. Usually a jacket anyways though. Cause I get cold easy and like being warm.
THE ONE THING I MISS ABOUT BEING A KID? HOW ABOUT THE FUCKING 90'S GUYS. REMEMBER WHEN EVERYTHING DIDN'T SUCK!?
My favorite band is Pantera, period, and everyone else fails to compare.
I joined cause my best friend is Goth, and he's been slowing easing in some goth culture, so. Here I am.

I'll post a picture later guys. Right now I need sleep.
Sonow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:01 AM   #2
Ami

the 90s were pretty awesome... welcome
Ami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:01 PM   #3
Nightwalker39

Welcome Alexander.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:20 PM   #4
CarrionCorpse

Oh the 90's, they were good. But years prior to were even better. haha
CarrionCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:28 PM   #5
ape descendant

My cat's name is Alexander... I miss the 90's too.. for so many reasons. :'(

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:42 PM   #6
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonow View Post
But I'm Alexander, and. I'm not a dumb noob, but I'm a noob to the site. So. I just copied the INTRODUCE sticky and I'm answering questions. Anyways,
I work at the movies. Work is life since I dropped out. Fuck some school. I'm from Lexington, KY.
I don't really read too much. But at the moment I'm thoroughly enjoying rap lyrics(the good ones).
You don't really read, and you dropped out, yet you say you're not a dumb noob. I don't wish to insult you, its just hard for me to respect someone who refuses an education, and whose choice of reading material apparently consists of mostly rap lyics. I highly recommend you at least get yourself a GED, because the only one you fuck by saying fuck you to school, is yourself in the end. So please for your sake, go back to school

This is a Gothic literary forum, reading and knowing how to properly write are naturally highly valued skills here.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:44 PM   #7
Sonow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
You don't really read, and you dropped out, yet you say you're not a dumb noob. I don't wish to insult you, its just hard for me to respect someone who refuses an education, and whose choice of reading material apparently consists of mostly rap lyics. I highly recommend you at least get yourself a GED, because the only one you fuck by saying fuck you to school, is yourself in the end. So please for your sake, go back to school

This is a Gothic literary forum, reading and knowing how to properly write are naturally highly valued skills here.
I don't need your respect first of all, and I don't wish to insult you, but just because you may have finished high school does not at all make you more capable of a human than me. School teaches you that if you don't listen and learn, you'll be no one, and that's absolutely not true. I can write, and I can read and I never needed school to teach me how to. But it's nice to meet you. Thanks for letting me know you're a prude dick.
And of course I'm getting a GED. I told you. I'm not retarded.

And what's wrong with rap? You saying you write better poetry than Tupac bro? Where's your record deal?
Old 04-14-2011, 07:16 PM   #8
CarrionCorpse

I think they were saying that reading shouldn't consist of only rap lyrics, but substantial material such as books and the like.
Ya dig?
CarrionCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:01 PM   #9
Sonow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrionCorpse View Post
I think they were saying that reading shouldn't consist of only rap lyrics, but substantial material such as books and the like.
Ya dig?
I can understand that. But there WERE much nicer ways to say it than he did. He made me out t. But I mean, that's just what I've been doing lately. I liked reading a lot of articles on cracked.com because most of the articles are fairly cool and pretty informational, with a college guy sense of humor. I just haven't been there in a while.

Like I said, I'm just mostly self educated, so most of the things I know, is somehow useful, interesting or important to me.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:14 PM   #10
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
I don't need your respect first of all, and I don't wish to insult you, but just because you may have finished high school does not at all make you more capable of a human than me.
Did I say that at any point? What I said was
Quote:
the only one you fuck by saying fuck you to school, is yourself in the end. So please for your sake, go back to school
Quote:
School teaches you that if you don't listen and learn, you'll be no one, and that's absolutely not true. I can write, and I can read and I never needed school to teach me how to. But it's nice to meet you. Thanks for letting me know you're a prude dick.
While our school system isn't the best it does teach you extremely valuable things, things you could easily never learn on your own, and even in some cases hopefully never learn on your own due to the great risk to your life(unless of course for example you feel like experiencing several thousand of years worth of warfare). Here are just a few quotes of great men that will tell you the same thing(link thanks to google).
Quote:
And of course I'm getting a GED.
Well excuse me for not figuring that out, you weren't exactly obvious about it since you never at any point mentioned that, and you even went as far as saying
Quote:
Fuck some school.
It is hardly unreasonable to assume that you were not trying to get your GED

Quote:
And what's wrong with rap? You saying you write better poetry than Tupac bro? Where's your record deal?
Did I at any point say there was anything wrong with it? While I am not fond of rap, Tupac is actually a rapper I can respect. What I said was wrong was that your
Quote:
reading material apparently consists of mostly rap lyics.
, because while Tupac was great at writing poetry, like Carrion Corpse said (thank you for your assistance with clarification)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrionCorpse View Post
they were saying that reading shouldn't consist of only rap lyrics, but substantial material such as books and the like.
Ya dig?

Also on a final note the music industry fondly shows us time and time again, writing is not a required skill for singers.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:16 PM   #11
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Shhhhiiiiieeeetttt honey bunchkins. I'm neutral on you.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:04 PM   #12
Versus

I said close to the same thing about school when I was 17. I changed my mind when I had to work for a living and started to feel like I was wasting my youth. A self-education, if there is such a thing, will get you absolutely nowhere academically, regardless of how smart you think you are. The fact is that nobody cares. You have to have a diploma and a degree to get real credit for the things you know.

Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:07 PM   #13
Angelic Dissonance2

Man, I'm down with that. ^^^ I actually defended you, Renatus. Alex is just mad at how corrupt public education is. I've told him before that school is important, but DAMN if it's not corrupt.
Angelic Dissonance2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:13 PM   #14
Shikenkan

Alexander?

Alexander the Great? Died 10th June 356BC, Great Commander of a Greek army?

Doesn't happen to be you does it?
Shikenkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:47 PM   #15
AlexMcDermott

Hey

I'm an Alexander too! Into 9-s stuff through my cousin even though I'm only 20 yrs old!

Quote:
My friend showed me this site and I thought it was cool.
My favorite films are the same as every guys. Watchmen, Dark Knight, Taken, Pulp Fiction, Fight Club, Some other assorted few.
I don't want a wedding or a funeral. It's not me. And I mean. I've always pictured myself dying by some car accident or something like that. Maybe getting shot. That seems likely too. I don't want a casket. I wanna be ashes. The clothes I wear are pretty basic. I'm just a jeans and T=shirt kinda guy with maybe a flannel and a jacket if it's chilly. Usually a jacket anyways though. Cause I get cold easy and like being warm.
THE ONE THING I MISS ABOUT BEING A KID? HOW ABOUT THE FUCKING 90'S GUYS. REMEMBER WHEN EVERYTHING DIDN'T SUCK!?
My favorite band is Pantera, period, and everyone else fails to compare.
I joined cause my best friend is Goth, and he's been slowing easing in some goth culture, so. Here I am.

I'll post a picture later guys. Right now I need sleep.
AlexMcDermott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:15 AM   #16
Mr.Doobie

Yeah man, fuck school, I don't need no fucking books and shit. One of my teachers once told me no running in the halls too, and after that I decided that I don't wanna talk to a scientist. Those motherfuckers are all lyin' and getting me pissed. When you don't know shit, life is a fucking miracle anyway, it's better...

Mr.Doobie is offline   Reply With Quote