Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

View Poll Results: What Do you like to wear?
Chains 29 25.00%
Bondage 18 15.52%
Both 41 35.34%
Neither 28 24.14%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-2004, 06:27 PM   #26
lunamora

Neither.....somehow I just can't see my middle-aged fat self wearing chains or bondage. Now maybe somewhere there's a middle-aged fat woman who looks just super in that stuff, but I don't happen to be that woman.

I like it long and black.....broomstick skirts, velvet dresses, georgette in the summer. Maybe even black cotton knit if we're going casual. Sort of a goth-hippy look with a touch of Victorian.

I even forego nail polish and heavy perfume; how's that for Victorian purity? Only floral toilet waters for this goth..... 8)

The one thing I REALLY love that I'll never wear is a "Matrix" coat. They are so damn cool. It wouldn't do a thing for me but I just think they are ultragoth terrific.
lunamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 11:20 AM   #27
tekno_suicide

I love women who are into bondage/fetish wear. Personally, I like A/X. They have some phat shirts there. I really don't have a certain style I think. I like clothes that are black and grey, have zippers on them or spikes.
tekno_suicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 05:02 PM   #28
Jane13

Re: what do I prefer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mourningmoon
definitely chains..I wear EGl mostly and a cute silver chain is always a nice accent for a great outfit
EGL is awesome! I wish I could afford it. As for the chains or bondage, I chose neither. I'm really more into ankhs and crosses. I have nothing against them, they're just not for me.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 06:20 AM   #29
Soul_Immortal

I like wearing almost anything. I have an ecletic taste when it comes to clothes. I can design my own stuff too, but when I am too busy to design like usual I just wear jeans, some shirt picked at random from my dresser and most likely my boots.
Old 05-07-2004, 07:06 AM   #30
Gypsy2222

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseTheConfused
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me!
Steal my line! Grrrrrrrrrr.... lol...

I have always been an advocate of virtually any form of extreme wear as long as it is tasteful and not glaringly blinding (i.e. Neon greens and pinks must be used with caution people!). However, for myself I tend to prefer leather and subdued colours with my bondage "loopy" belt (Wolfmoon, I think you may know what this is, you know lass, the kind of belt easily attatched to a harness or several women? Do you remember the proper name for them? I can't for the life of me... oh and one more thing... EDNA!... he he he...) and I also had a tasteful leather collar that I loved to wear... both in practical use and fashion wise... It was subtle enough to not attract too much attention yet had enough presence that anyone who knew leather and steel when they saw it knew its obvious exceptional quality... I've done the "Tech Goth" look and pulled it off fairly well as well as the "Classical Goth" and still often add various Victorian or Edwardian articles of clothing to my outfits... still, nothing will ever take the place of my leather..... I rarely do the fishnet thing though unless it happens to be particularly fine fishnet.... and the skirt thing for me is out of the question!... lol... My legs are nicely formed and all but... a skirt?... on me?... Tried it once actually... I looked absolutely atrocious!... lol... Never again!... lol...

Ever Critical of the self,
~The Gypsy~
Old 05-07-2004, 07:33 AM   #31
Soul_Immortal

I'm a mom. So does dressing like "me" and not a mom kick me out of the "Motherhood Worthiness" Category?? I tone it way down when I am with my daughter but people still look at me like I am an alien or something. Maybe I am just that funny looking?

Oh yeah....anything leather is a 10 in my book.
Old 05-07-2004, 07:57 AM   #32
Gypsy2222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul_Immortal
I'm a mom. So does dressing like "me" and not a mom kick me out of the "Motherhood Worthiness" Category?? I tone it way down when I am with my daughter but people still look at me like I am an alien or something. Maybe I am just that funny looking?

Oh yeah....anything leather is a 10 in my book.
"Funny looking" is hardly the term I would choose if your avatar is anything to judge by... Not to mention the fact that I am a father and several people have stated my worthiness as a father is second to none... so note that ones appearance does not make the parent... it is the love and responsibility one feels for their child that makes the father or mother great...

My... that was somewhat off topic... lol... forgive the rambeling gypsy... one last thing.... "Anything Leather"?... he he he... ~evil lil' grin~

Ever,
~The Gypsy~
Old 05-07-2004, 08:41 AM   #33
ChUnKy_CaRaMeL

I'm more of a lover of lacey and silky styles, light natural fibers, and long empire waist, maternal and peasent tops. Corsets are a plus too. Throw in your jeans whatever or green pants and the occational thrift store and fabric shop find sew job. Ah! Fashion!
Never ventured into leather, but when I do, it shall be a leather corset. I could dig the steal tipped shoes, in the chains department =^.~=
ChUnKy_CaRaMeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 06:29 PM   #34
bexxle

I don't know about "cute" silver chains, but I like the leather belt with chain look. Leather with metal anything really, but I don't like whole outfits of leather or even leather coats. Just something to say "Hi, grrr."

- Skinny Puppy -
bexxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 07:58 PM   #35
TwistedFuck

chains for me

and as for finding good one, dont be afraid to look at hardware stores and such, the chain on my wallet i picked up for three bucks, it was a leash, just cut the handle off and it good to go
TwistedFuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 06:30 PM   #36
FireGaze

I chose neither because I like to be silent when I walk so chains are out, and I just don't like bondage as a fashion style. Although I think when I'm old enough bondage as a sexual thing would be... fun :twisted: .
FireGaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 04:03 PM   #37
The_Crazy_Irishman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexxle
I don't know about "cute" silver chains, but I like the leather belt with chain look. Leather with metal anything really, but I don't like whole outfits of leather or even leather coats. Just something to say "Hi, grrr."
lol, reading this just reminded me of what a mate of mine wore this week, he had this chain attatched to his wallet, with the chain connected to his clothes. Anyway he was sitting on this bench, and when he got up and started walking with me and another friend the wallet was being dragged along the bench, it was really funny to see :lol:
The_Crazy_Irishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 04:48 PM   #38
koehiir

Chains and bondage just seems to get in the way these days. When hanging around it's really hockey jersey's, jeans and boots. I still enjoy the leather though....
koehiir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 02:04 AM   #39
HerGhostInTheFog

i had a thread like this with material, but it became unpopular and left the boards :cry: whaaa!
just kidding
i like bondage. i like to be pulled and hung up...
but i mainly like to be the dominating one and spank, whip, tie up, boss around. i've been a mimi dominatrix since i was like 7.
chains are fun too, because it goes with my bondage gear.yum yum
HerGhostInTheFog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 08:41 PM   #40
rocker_baby67

hmm I mix and match depending on my mood chains are my favorite though straps are some what not fun in class as people evil evil friends tie you to chairs and leave you to untie yourself
rocker_baby67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 09:19 PM   #41
mlwlildevil

I have this one pair of pants that I am in love with that have these wonderful chains and oh I love 'em.....and well as for the bonage thing .....I am 13 so eep! {if you meant the straps and things that go on clothes and not the sex stuff then yeah straps i like but ...again theres the I'm 13 thing so eep!}
mlwlildevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 06:31 AM   #42
Bicth_in-the_Basement666

since i have a bit (understatment) of biker in me i'm enthralled by the scent,touch,and appeal of leather and chains always go nicly with those as for bondage i find that just as enjoyable but i also like to go for the more realaxed and baggy fit of really big pants made of whatever fabric.
Bicth_in-the_Basement666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 12:55 AM   #43
TeapotScar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicth_in-the_Basement666
since i have a bit (understatment) of biker in me i'm enthralled by the scent,touch,and appeal of leather and chains always go nicly with those as for bondage i find that just as enjoyable but i also like to go for the more realaxed and baggy fit of really big pants made of whatever fabric.
Use spacing and punctuation correctly, you fucking anti-semite bicth.

:evil:
----
Anyways, I never really did the bondage clothes things. I like jingling when I walk, though, so chains are cool. Especially when they have purpose, like my keys being on them or something. The it works. Fashion with reason. Amen.
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 11:12 AM   #44
Toto_Kaos

Damn, so much for being able to give a short reply. With that said, here I go. Firstly, I am also a mother, and a full time chef school student, so I spend most of my time either in a chef uniform, or in jeans and t-shirts chasing my chlidren. Not very fashionalble, I know but with two year old and a five year old, practicallity and comfort are much more important. So though I might spend my days as a mom and a student, by night I am a hard core goth/punk who is into leather, chains, corsets, and all other forms of bondage. At the same time though, I still find beauty in velvet and lace. And Wolfmoon, if you are still looking for looking so subs, I would be honored to lick you boots.

Secondly, I am also into the entire biker fashion statement, no doubt at least partially due to the fact that I am one. Which leads me to my next question(s): Teapotscar, why is it that you have called Bicth_in-the_basement666 "a fucking anti-semite bicth?" And was your misspelling of the word bitch a mistake, or a reference to her name?

My last thought for the day, has anyone ever run across any good gothic materinity wear? I know that when I was pregant, there wasn't really any to be found, and I always wondered why.
Toto_Kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 11:25 AM   #45
Jane13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlwlildevil
I have this one pair of pants that I am in love with that have these wonderful chains and oh I love 'em.....and well as for the bonage thing .....I am 13 so eep! {if you meant the straps and things that go on clothes and not the sex stuff then yeah straps i like but ...again theres the I'm 13 thing so eep!}
I'm only 14, so 'eep' works for me, as well, I guess. I don't really like to wear the straps though, anyway. For that matter, I don't like spikes so much either... They look good on other people, but I just don't feel right wearing them, so I don't.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 06:07 PM   #46
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto_Kaos
Damn, so much for being able to give a short reply. With that said, here I go. Firstly, I am also a mother, and a full time chef school student, so I spend most of my time either in a chef uniform, or in jeans and t-shirts chasing my chlidren. Not very fashionalble, I know but with two year old and a five year old, practicallity and comfort are much more important. So though I might spend my days as a mom and a student, by night I am a hard core goth/punk who is into leather, chains, corsets, and all other forms of bondage. At the same time though, I still find beauty in velvet and lace. And Wolfmoon, if you are still looking for looking so subs, and I would be honored to lick you boots.

Secondly, I am also into the entire biker fashion statement, no doubt at least partially due to the fact that I am one. Which leads me to my next question(s): Teapotscar, why is it that you have called Bicth_in-the_basement666 "a fucking anti-semite bicth?" And was your misspelling of the word bitch a mistake, or a reference to her name?

My last thought for the day, has anyone ever run across any good gothic materinity wear? I know that when I was pregant, there wasn't really any to be found, and I always wondered why.
Yes, still looking for a sub.I definately need to expand my,um,arsenal though.Too bad my husband's not hardcore into bondage, :? .

I'm making my own maternity clothes this time around.

:wink:
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 09:38 AM   #47
OnixxFilth

Well, I am fond of bracelets with pyramid spikes, but it's hard to wear them unless they're the adjustable kind like a belt. I have VERY skinny arms! Most of the time I like to combine a heavy metal t-shirt with a long, drapey velvet or cotton skirt and combat boots. My friend Beckie gave me the idea to wear a dark purple slip under my black skirt w/a slit in the side so the slip shows. I like the feel of it on my skin.
OnixxFilth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 11:59 AM   #48
Anarchy-Rulez

I like chains,black,silver,gunmetal,big links or small links chains are the SH!t.But straps are ok some times,this is y i like TRIP pants
Anarchy-Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 04:07 PM   #49
reborndead

Ooh, i like both chains and bondage(i'll take an eep for the sex stuff too, i'm thirteen. :shock: ) I like how chains jingle but then sometimes i want to be sneaky and wear my 'silent' clothes. All depends on how i feel.
reborndead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 04:15 PM   #50
FenrisQueen

Chains and Bondage, definitely. I like to add my own straps that are detachable on one side, so you can wrap the chain around a bedpost or secure it into the wall. I also like the detachable ones, so I can walk quietly.
Truth, justice, honor...none of that's worth shit. What matters is people, and people aren't honest or just or honorable. They're petty and they're angry and they're afraid, and all anyone really wants, deep down, is to be wanted. And what's truth to that?
FenrisQueen is offline   Reply With Quote