Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:58 AM   #126
JCC

Pride rules, fuck the Bible.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:02 AM   #127
Geoluhread

Being extremly bored, i did some unimatrix research, i read all her posts...

I have to say uni, you need to take anger management classes or circles or whatever... Just because someone disagrees with you, doesn't mean they deserve to "Fuck off"... You can talk them into your thing with reason... And please keep an open mind... Please

What i found really interesting, was a thread started by JCC, about popular and arrogant kids... Probably it's not related to your situation, but i find that those words coming out in that same exact order from you is something very unexpected
You can also take it as an advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimatrix 00
Don't tolerate any of it. Just laugh in their faces and walk away. You shouldnt tolerate any of it at all.If you laugh in their fsces and walk away, then you are better than them.
Another thing i found,
https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=11657
So please, don't say something for the sake of saying it, you should believe in it first

Other than that, you're okay
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:09 AM   #128
viscus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
The seven deadly sins aren't in the Bible. But being Christian in origin doesn't make them any less valid. All of the great blunders of humanity have pride as their root cause. The Holocaust, Nanking Massacre, and Trail of Tears all happened because one group of people thought they were better than everyone else and could do no wrong.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:12 AM   #129
Valravn

The main point is that people shouldn't treath others in a way that they don't want other to treath them therefor this girl doesn't make any sense, at the end she isn't any btter then the chick that was treathing her for shit and by using fear for make others "respect" isnt something you should be proud of and for sure is not going to make you happy.
Valravn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:14 AM   #130
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Pride goeth before a fall.

And that's not even in the Bible.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:15 AM   #131
$haDe

Is Lucifer represent 'Pride'?

That's what i've heard
Old 09-04-2008, 08:17 AM   #132
JCC

When the fuck did pride become thinking that you were above everyone else? Satisfaction with oneself and one's achievements is not a bad thing, and if you think it is then I'll just disregard your opinion because that sounds absolutely fucking ridiculous to me.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:34 AM   #133
viscus

I don't think self-esteem is a bad thing. But "pride" tends to imply self-superiority rather than self-esteem at least in my view, although it can probably mean either.

Urinematrix is definitely the former.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:54 AM   #134
Mir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
God, you say the opposite to anything. We get it. Now go do something more productive too.
No. You people have presented your case and she refuses to see reason. You continue to argue your case in the vain attempt to make her understand she was wrong. It is clearly not working. It won't work, because she either doesn't want to accept your side of it, enjoys arguing or is just stubborn. As are you people, apparently.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:13 AM   #135
Underwater Ophelia

[quote=MollyMac]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splintered

Hitting someone when they are on the ground, and pose absolutely not danger to you, is not okay.

QUOTE]

Yes, it is. Being on the ground does not even remotely mean that they are not a threat.
That can be true, but in this case it wasn't.
I mean, according to Unimatrix's original post, it seems like the girl was totally unsuspecting and had no desire to fight.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:13 AM   #136
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua
Pride goeth before a fall.

And that's not even in the Bible.
It's based in the Bible.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:15 AM   #137
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir
No. You people have presented your case and she refuses to see reason. You continue to argue your case in the vain attempt to make her understand she was wrong. It is clearly not working. It won't work, because she either doesn't want to accept your side of it, enjoys arguing or is just stubborn. As are you people, apparently.
We're not trying to make her see or feel anything.
Isn't that obvious when you notice that she isn't even present in most of the conversation and we're mostly talking to each other?
Old 09-04-2008, 09:59 AM   #138
Tam Li Hua

I tend to agree with viscus on the matter of pride.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:13 AM   #139
Mir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
We're not trying to make her see or feel anything.
Isn't that obvious when you notice that she isn't even present in most of the conversation and we're mostly talking to each other?
A fair amount of posts here have been responses to her posts. But, I'll accept what you're saying and just stick with my original statement.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:19 AM   #140
$haDe

^
agreed

Sorry,for off-topic.
Thank you for pointing this out,Ophielia

-_-
Old 09-04-2008, 11:03 AM   #141
Jaye Jang

Uni -- Not an 'attack.' Just an FYI. Not to hurt any feelings, but yelling at your opponent is also not okay. Can't quantify or qualify for other places, but in my home state that is considered "verbal assault" and carries the same charges as physical assault. (As for the cat thing, I went back and read that. Holy Cow, Uni. Being 13 was no excuse. In some places you could have been tried -- yes, tried -- as an adult. There are charges for hurting an animal. That constitutes animal abuse. You could have been arrested, jailed, fined and prosecuted. (Most places have an SPCA -- Society fot the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals). The owner, if the cat was not a stray, could also have prosecuted you, so for hurting what you referred to as a 'dumb cat', you could have done some serious jail time.) Same goes for the girl. You still could. In most places there is a 'statute of limitations' for such crimes -- yes crimes. (What she did constitutes verbal assault. What you did constitutes assault and battery. That's more serious). She can legally prosecute you -- in most places -- for up to 90 days after the 'alleged' assault. If she is a minor (i.e. underage) her parents can prosecute you, because they have a
'technical' power of attorney. (I can qualify that. My parents had to go to court in my behalf. (Remember, I told you folks in a different thread that I got pummeled in the schoolyard for standing up for a black friend. End of that story --.my parents prosecuted and sued my assailants, and they had to pay the medical and dental bills). What you need to do the next time someone messes with you, Uni, is think before you react, and seriously think about the outcome. (As they say here, "Put your mind in gear, first"). Okay.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:10 PM   #142
Solumina

Ah the fun things that I miss when I leave this place.

Uni what you did was well outside of any normal range of reactions. Judging by this as well as your other posts I would say that you could really gain a lot from anger management. I think you have a lot of issues that need to be worked out and they are coming through as excessive amounts of anger.

As for the whole pride thing, there is nothing wrong with being proud of yourself, excessive pride (ie thinking that you are the most amazing person in the world and/or that you are entitled to anything/everything that you want) is a problem
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:15 PM   #143
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Satisfaction with oneself and one's achievements is not a bad thing, and if you think it is then I'll just disregard your opinion because that sounds absolutely fucking ridiculous to me.
You probably find the notion of Pride as a deadly sin ridiculous because you're an atheist. Believing oneself to be great is an egregious vice within the Christian paradigm, as man is encouraged to be humble and recognize himself as inconsequential when compared to the grandeur of god. This value is irrelevant to the irreligious, who, with no such restraint, are liable to become, like myself, gods in their own right.

Quote:
When the fuck did pride become thinking that you were above everyone else?
The word is sometimes used in this sense. There's a distinction between benign pride, as in 'I'm proud of you son', and malign pride, as in "he's too proud to admit he's wrong", or as demonstrated by everything I say.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:17 PM   #144
Cen0bite

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
Ok, I can't stand it any longer, I have been waiting for someone else to post it:

Sticks and stones may break my bones

but WORDS WILL NEVER HURT ME!

These are good words to remember next time you are taunted.
HP, i got called ugly almost my entire life until high school.
It still hurts and sometimes it gets bad enough that i just want to die.
Those words hurt more than anyone will ever know.

Just lettin ya know that that saying really doesn't help.

Pinhead: What you think of as pain is a shadow. Pain has a face. Allow me to show it to you. Gentlemen, I... Am... Pain
-Hellraiser:Bloodline
Cen0bite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:26 PM   #145
Mir

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
...as man should be encouraged to be humble and recognize himself as inconsequential and insignificant, when compared to the grandeur of this vast, beautiful universe. The one and only true God.
All fixed now.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:43 PM   #146
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir
All fixed now.
You just added a redundancy and turned it into an inaccurate representation of Christian beliefs.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:50 PM   #147
JCC

Actually it was meandering fence-sitting hippie agnosticism.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:51 PM   #148
Mir

It was the pot actually.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:57 PM   #149
gothicusmaximus

Just one more valuable insight brought to us by Marijuana. Thank the vast, beautiful universe for the legendary, intellectually stimulating properties of Cannabis, for without them we would never have borne audience to Mir's distortion of my post into an irrelevant, trite musing.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:58 PM   #150
Unimatrix 00

I'm here now and I've got news. But first I wish to address you all. Since there's so many of you, I shall just summarise.

XxTorquoise, Jaye Jang, thank you and I love you all.

Viscus, "urinematrix" hasn't been funny for ages.

And get over the cat thing people. Maybe 13 was a bit old, but it still can't prove that my state of mind wasnt evolved enough to see what's right and whats wrong. And i told you I don't feel good about it now.

Some of you people on here use words, and good for you, but I use my fist to shut up cuntz. and NO, I do not need anger management. I love my friends and families and wouldn't be angry at them at all.

Anyway, today a friend of the girl I battered rang me up and said that she's going to call the cops on me and that I'm going to pay. Although I do not like to show my weakness on here, I must admit that I am scared. But I will not back down. i did what i did and i make no excuses for it. hopefully if it comes to a matter of the law, they'll seee that this girl is a stuckup bitch and I'm a decent hardworking citizen.
Unimatrix 00 is offline   Reply With Quote