Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 01-13-2010, 01:55 PM   #1
Amunet

Whateves. A new noob...

I guess this is what you're supposed to do here right?
well I'm embracing this culture cause its the only one that feels right to me. Fuck I grew up born again christian, in a loving home, never rebelled against my family blah dee fucking blah, and now, I guess I just fell in love with the goth culture because it's how I act and live every day. I don't even know how to categorize myself (like its fucking necessary anyways)
I'm a musician, I love pretty much every kind of music there is, my personal style is like evanescence if I can even relate to just one group or person.
I like all things aesthetically pleasing, and I'm starting late according to some people. I'm 23, a chick, Ya I wear black most of the time, no I never saw a problem with it, I never even stylized it, I just wear it. Thats what you do. wear clothes. I am not overconfident, I am not confident enough sometimes, and I guess I'm looking to connect with people that think like me.

I chose the name Amunet because she is the Egyptian Goddess of Mystery, and my life is a fucking mystery, and because it's a pretty name.
So uh, that's it. Anyone wants to talk, send me a message. Thanks for listening.

Amunet
Amunet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:36 AM   #2
KissMeDeadly

Hey! Welcome, welcome, all that jazz. I think you'll like it here if you don't hold much stock in what people you don't know think about you. By the way, I'm not sure if it's a rule or not, but generally in these threads the people reply to this 'form', just to give us a little more info about yourself. You can find it in the introductions thread, but here it is, copy-pasted just for you.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)

2. Where are you from?

3. Who is your favorite author?

4. What are your favorite films?

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?

6. At your funeral?

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

8. What kind of casket would you want?

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

11. What's your favorite band?

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

13. Why did you join?

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
KissMeDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:23 AM   #3
Amunet

Thanks for the reply KissMeDeadly. I appreciate it.

here we go then,

1. What do you do? I'm a musician, I've already released an album that's on itunes and amazon, Im working on the second one which is gonna have more of an evanescence slash NIN feel to it (without copying obviously) I work to pay the bills in Private security, and I do ADMIN work.

2. Where are you from? Originally from New Hampshire USA but moved to Massachusetts, USA in the fall of 09.

3. Who is your favorite author? I love to read, and I really don't have a favorite author. I like anything creative, and will try anything on recommendation. I'm pretty open minded to everything.

4. What are your favorite films? Same as above, I like all genres, I love using my imagination, and stimulating my mind and emotions, so I can't say that I have a particular favorite. I was partial to "The Shawshank Redemption" for a long time, but there are so many good films that I can't possibly say that's the only fav.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? Ethereal, emotion evoking, ambient, and for dancing, well probably some stuff that makes you wanna dance, I don't care, I fucking love music.

6. At your funeral? Something picked out by me ahead of time, Very emotional, and personal. I haven't found it yet.

7. This IS a Gothic website, so... how do you want to die? I don't care how I die, as long as I did what I had to do while I was alive.

8. What kind of casket would you want?

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? This is where I fail at life. I wear black on black all the time, and it was never to "define" myself as gothic, but just because I never felt comfortable in anything else. I wear colors sometimes, but I feel confident, sexy, and powerful in black. I am now trying to find my personal style because as a musician, you need not only a look, but something that defines your personality, not as fake but an outward extension of what you already are....

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? Not a goddamn thing. Childhood was scary and rough and full of tough decisions. I am happy to be old enough to make unbiased decisions, even though I love my family, I have always been independent and anyone trying to squash that fire in me just made life miserable.

11. What's your favorite band? I can't pick one, but a few of the musicians I listen to constantly are Nine Inch Nails, Evanescence, Breaking Benjamin, Korn, Staind, Chevelle, Linkin Park, Silversun Pickups, and on the softer side, DMB, Incubus, Josh Groban, Yanni (Shut the fuck up, he's the reason I started playing piano!), and other ambient hit by people no one knows. and the list goes on and on an on and on...

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? Ya. I went to high school, grad with a 3.5 in 2005. couldn't afford to go to college, became a cop, hated the politics, quit after almost 2 yrs, moved to fucking hawaii, was homeless, then not homeless, then came back to NH, then moved to MA and here I am. So. No degree, but a shitload of life experience.

13. Why did you join? Because I'm trying to figure out what I like as a person, instead of being influenced by everyone else "how I should live my life" Fuck them, fuck everyone trying to turn me into something I know I'm not. So I've always been a "take care of myself" kind of person, and don't get me wrong. I'm not as miserable as this sounds, I'm actually pretty content, just not with my style of life. I'm tired of mediocrity, Something has to give and it might as well be now. I'm taking responsibility for who I want to be, on the inside and the out, and what better place to do it than here?

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender? Female.

Thanks for reading

Amunet
Old 01-14-2010, 08:13 AM   #4
Stormtrooper of Death

Hmmmm interesting one we have here.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:23 AM   #5
Amunet

Fuck, I forgot # 8.

I don't want a casket, I want to be cremated, and my ashes spread from this place I used to go in Hawaii called "Polihale"
and I don't care if it's not allowed. Who the hell is gonna say anything right?!
Old 01-14-2010, 08:30 AM   #6
Amunet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death View Post
Hmmmm interesting one we have here.
I'd like to think I'm interesting... for a noob. Thanks

Amunet
Old 01-14-2010, 08:33 AM   #7
Stormtrooper of Death

Yeah hey, we all have to start somewhere right??

What's the name of your band?? I'd like to check it out.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:37 AM   #8
Amunet

I'm a solo artist... My real name is Kymlee. Check out "In Her Right Mind" on Amazon.com Link below.

http://www.amazon.com/Her-Right-Mind...kymlesprofi-20

I dunno. this album wasn't exactly how I wanted it, the next one will be more like me, darker, more rock influenced. I did write every single song though. Lemme know what you think.
Thanks
Old 01-14-2010, 08:40 AM   #9
Stormtrooper of Death

You have an awesome singing voice, and the music is pretty good too!!

I'm a bassist in several bands, none of which has done much. Most of my time is spent with my one man industrial metal band and another thrash/black/punk metal band I've got with few buddies.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:46 AM   #10
Amunet

Quote:
You have an awesome singing voice, and the music is pretty good too!!

I'm a bassist in several bands, none of which has done much. Most of my time is spent with my one man industrial metal band and another thrash/black/punk metal band I've got with few buddies.
well thanks, I think it has room for significant improval, but its a start. what bands do you play for?

Amunet
Old 01-14-2010, 10:16 AM   #11
Noumi

Welcome ^^
Have fun around...
Be careful too.

ピラール
Noumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:30 AM   #12
Amunet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noumi View Post
Welcome ^^
Have fun around...
Be careful too.
thanks for the welcome. and the warning.

Amunet
Old 01-14-2010, 07:52 PM   #13
JFox

I play in an ambient band. Here is my latest song.

http://amiestreet.com/music/michael-.../the-awakening

Let me know what you think.
JFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:28 AM   #14
Amunet

thanks for the plug, I'll check it out, my work computer is blocking the site, but I'll see it at home tonight!

Always love to meet new musicians.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:14 AM   #15
Stormtrooper of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amunet View Post
well thanks, I think it has room for significant improval, but its a start. what bands do you play for?

Amunet
Hey you got something recorded, that's a big accomplishment!

I play for just a few local bands with my friends. I'm in a thrash metal band now with two of friends and other than that I'm bassist/guitarist/vocalist/drum machine programmer in a one man industrial metal band called Cathode. It's pretty much a Godflesh/early Pitch Shifter worship sound.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:59 AM   #16
Amunet

Quote:
Hey you got something recorded, that's a big accomplishment!

I play for just a few local bands with my friends. I'm in a thrash metal band now with two of friends and other than that I'm bassist/guitarist/vocalist/drum machine programmer in a one man industrial metal band called Cathode. It's pretty much a Godflesh/early Pitch Shifter worship sound.
true true....

and that's awesome. I have limited experience playing live right now, I just wanna hole myself up until this second album is done, then I'll feel better about performing. Whatever though, I gotta make due with what I have for now. How long have you been giggin for?
Old 01-15-2010, 11:14 AM   #17
Stormtrooper of Death

We haven't played a show yet, but we're getting closer everyday. In fact, tomorrow we're getting together to practice, so I'm very excited.

Playing live isn't too bad, just gotta get past the nerves I suppose.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:31 AM   #18
Amunet

ya I've done it a few times, but no band, me acoustic, its def nerve racking but worth it in the end. Practice is good. You gotta know your shit, the last thing you want on stage is a huge fuck-up haha
Old 01-18-2010, 01:35 AM   #19
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:

11. What's your favorite band? I can't pick one, but a few of the musicians I listen to constantly are Nine Inch Nails, Evanescence, Breaking Benjamin, Korn, Staind, Chevelle, Linkin Park, Silversun Pickups, and on the softer side, DMB, Incubus, Josh Groban, Yanni (Shut the fuck up, he's the reason I started playing piano!), and other ambient hit by people no one knows. and the list goes on and on an on and on...
So your musical taste consists of whatever Hot Topic and Kroq label "dark/goth/alternative"
Quote:

I'm tired of mediocrity,
It doesn't look like it.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:16 AM   #20
Amunet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack View Post
So your musical taste consists of whatever Hot Topic and Kroq label "dark/goth/alternative"

It doesn't look like it.

no I actually abhor hot topic. I think they're overpriced, clique and adolescent. but that's just my opinion. as for the music I like, apparently you didn't read the rest about Yanni, Dave Matthews Band, etc. My music taste varies for a reason, and if you don't like what i do, well... that's your prerogative.
I didn't presume liking "clique" bands or music artists meant anything other than you like their style of music. Next insult please. (and be more original next time)
Old 01-18-2010, 06:25 AM   #21
Xombie

What he's trying to tell you is that you don't listen to any goth rock bands at all, and therefore aren't really embracing the culture which you originally claimed to be so in love with.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 06:29 AM   #22
PortraitOfSanity

Well, I do sympathize. Goth rock sucks. But then again, I don't claim to be goth either....

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 06:51 AM   #23
Amunet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xombie View Post
What he's trying to tell you is that you don't listen to any goth rock bands at all, and therefore aren't really embracing the culture which you originally claimed to be so in love with.
and what I was saying were those bands I listed were some that I have been recently interested in, I am learning about this culture and I do not know what bands you all qualify as "Gothic rock" and I welcome any input as to what all those bands are because I will listen to them. Music is Music to me and is appreciated as such no matter the genre.

As a musician and a fan of most all types I think that a fair judgment of a person cannot be determined by the number of "goth-approved bands" they list on a forum, when you cannot even see their entire library of music. So for you to make the assumption that I don't listen to goth rock at all is entirely obtuse and proves that you yourself don't understand the culture, because I was under the impression that Gothic has no rules when it comes to likes and dislikes, I can basically do what I want, like what I want, wear what I want, and I don't need anyone's approval for the like.

And for the record, I happen to enjoy Dead Can Dance just as much as the next person, but I do not claim to know everything about them or any other musician. So feel free to give me some recommendations as to what music I should check out that is prominent in this culture.

Oh an by the way, it's nice to know that the first thing people jump on is how much of a goth you are or you aren't as defined by what your tastes are.

If I were you, I would spend more time researching the meaning of the Gothic subculture versus flaming others for no valid purpose other than to put your two cents in.

If you're going to write your opinion please be sure to have all the facts and read all the posts ahead of time before you pass judgment. Thank you. Next please.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:54 AM   #24
Amunet

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity View Post
Well, I do sympathize. Goth rock sucks. But then again, I don't claim to be goth either....
Thank you for your input, I actually never claimed to believe Gothic Rock sucks, I merely don't know everything there is to know about it as I am still researching and deciding what it is I like and don't care for. but thanks for the comment and read anywho.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:21 AM   #25
Amunet

NOTE* for the purposes of this thread, and for further clarification of those who don't properly understand the English language or the meanings of words in context, I have provided the following guide or "key" to help you along the way here. (smile)

Some- meaning: of a certain unspecified number, amount, degree, etc.: to some extent.
***Does not translate to the word or meaning ALL***

Music- an art of sound in time that expresses ideas and emotions in significant forms through the elements of rhythm, melody, harmony, and color.
***This is the ultimate definition for all of music, and this is what I mean by appreciating the art of it.***

And I'm going to quote myself in the original context of #11 about music and break it down for you so there can be no more question in your minds as to what it is, enter the crescendo..., that I meant...

QUOTING ME:
11. What's your favorite band?

I can't pick one,(meaning I can't pick only one band I enjoy)

but a few of the musicians I listen to constantly (but a few of the bands I am into, or that I listen to on a usual basis are listed as, but not limited to...)

are Nine Inch Nails, Evanescence, Breaking Benjamin, Korn, Staind, Chevelle, Linkin Park, Silversun Pickups,

and on the softer side, (things that are not of a rock nature)

DMB, Incubus, Josh Groban, Yanni (Shut the fuck up, he's the reason I started playing piano!),

and other ambient shit by people no one knows. ( tons of music I come across all over the place that I like, usually non mainstream people)

and the list goes on and on an on and on... (meaning, that this list has NO LIMITATIONS and I listen to a various plethora of musical tastes and to list them all would be incredulously unnecessary and the point of this question was to give you all "the readers" a little taste of what I like at the moment!)

So if you have any more questions or concerns about whether or not I embrace this culture, please call 1-800- its none of your fucking concern and if you don't have something valid to input keep your fucking word vomit to yourself. Thanks for reading (bigger smile)

Sincerely,

Me.