Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: ...
.. 0 0%
... 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 10:58 PM   #2876
tekajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shattered_likeness
Had to reformat my computer around midnight. I got the:

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt.
<Windows root>\system32\hal.dll.
Please re-install a copy of the above file.

Having no access to another computer at the time to try and find a free download of the missing file, I was forced (yet again) to reformat!!!

SHIT!!!

Is Microsoft ever going to put out a reliable product, or am I going to have to switch to Apple? (Which is beginning to sound like a better and better idea.)

Sheesh!!!

*end rant*
Your best bet is going to be Micro$oft's newest X operating system, Vista (aka codename Longhorn)...after the first service pack comes out.

As for the Hardware Abstraction Layer problem (which has happened to alot of Compaqs my family owns), there are some tricks you can do which will allow you to fully utilize Window's Recovery Console, such as replacing missing or corrupted system files. This article, The OS inside the OS, shows you how to do it.
Old 05-14-2006, 11:18 AM   #2877
Iriacynthe

Bluh, I just found out my ex who I've been with for almost 2 years and a half has cheated on me for at least two times ('at least' as in, he never told me anything, but some friends knew it and they didn't dare to tell me than, but now we're not together anymore they told me, but since he has lied about those two girls, it's very possible there were other girls my friends never knew about).

I hate men. Well, some men.
Fuck it, I just hate him.

I never even kissed anyone else in those 2,5 years, and he just slept with other people and didn't even seem to have problems with it, what the fuck is wrong with him?
Old 05-14-2006, 11:52 AM   #2878
Wise Child

I - sounds like you're well out of it, love. We've already established that he's, to quote Wolfie, a useless dogfuck - I know it must hurt to find out what you had wasn't enough to have the idiot keep his pants zipped up for five minutes, but he's really not worth getting upset over if it was worth so little to him in the first place. Easy to say and hard to do, I know. But he's evidently a cunt of the highest order, and you've wasted enough precious minutes of your life on him. Kick him in the balls next time you see him, then forget him and enjoy yourself for a while!

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Old 05-14-2006, 12:11 PM   #2879
Iriacynthe

Well, I already knew he was an asshole, but he only started being an asshole when we broke up, I thought he was a quite decent person during our relationship, so I'm really pissed off. I hate him, but it still hurts, I have never done anything to deserve that!
Old 05-15-2006, 08:25 PM   #2880
4mytribe

I hate bush
I hate bush
I hate bush

I feel better thanks.

Old 05-15-2006, 10:14 PM   #2881
Crom Crauch

I hate liberals. Not because they're liberals, but because they always don't know what they want changed (anything not bush? the fuck are you people smoking?) they need concrete plans. For example, if I were to take over america, I would first concentrate on reforming the Legislature (they get better pay and retirement options then the Presidency). Then I'd re-work the Social Security system so that it actually worked the way it was originally intended. Then I'd talk to an economic expert, and see what needed to be done to make America fully self-sufficient again. that sorta thing.

Iucunda macula est ex inimici sanguine

Quod sum eris
Old 05-15-2006, 10:41 PM   #2882
4mytribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom Crauch
I hate liberals. Not because they're liberals, but because they always don't know what they want changed (anything not bush? the fuck are you people smoking?) they need concrete plans. For example, if I were to take over america, I would first concentrate on reforming the Legislature (they get better pay and retirement options then the Presidency). Then I'd re-work the Social Security system so that it actually worked the way it was originally intended. Then I'd talk to an economic expert, and see what needed to be done to make America fully self-sufficient again. that sorta thing.
Im gonna be an eglomaniac and assume that you are refering to me as I was the last person to comment and I made a political comment at that agaisnt Bush.

Let me first state that I am not a liberal and in ideological stance more conservative and I voted for this evil twit twice and was very versed in conservative speak to debate even on radio. I now know that replirats and demorats are all rats and this rat is the worst of all. He sucks to high heaven and by just about any measure we can all agree we were better before this little Neopleon nut.

I am no Liberal by any means but I am turning my back on a party that has turned its back on me and will do my best to vote anything but Reblirat unless the canidate is FOR REAL otherwise I will gladly vote DemoRat or write in who I think is best.

Right now
Kenny from South Park is looking good as long as no one kills him.

F the elites they hate us whatever they call themselves.
Old 05-16-2006, 06:15 AM   #2883
Morrigan_Dubh

How can you know if someone loves you?

It's not enough for them to just say it, is it?

How much can you expect from some one who loves you?

Where are the uncrossable lines?

I'm so fucking confused...
Old 05-16-2006, 07:59 AM   #2884
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan_Dubh
How can you know if someone loves you?
The little things they do for you.

Quote:
It's not enough for them to just say it, is it?
It depends on who says it. Normally just saying it is not enough. Love is an expression of more than mere words.

Quote:
How much can you expect from some one who loves you?
Everything and more. Everything they are willing to give, everything that you would never ask for.

Quote:
Where are the uncrossable lines?
Those you establish for yourself. If someone crosses the lines you have given as 'uncrossable', without thought or with maliciousness, then do you really want them around?

Quote:
I'm so fucking confused...
So am I! What's for dinner?
Old 05-16-2006, 11:05 AM   #2885
Iriacynthe

WTF???
My ex-boyfriend has asked his new girlfriend to marry him. I'm all freaking out. They've been together for what, five months? Why the hell did she say yes, while she knows he's a cheating lying asshole?

Has mankind gone crazy?
Old 05-16-2006, 02:07 PM   #2886
An Eccentric Cellist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iriacynthe
Has mankind gone crazy?
Yes, it went crazy at the death of Jesus. That's when everything got really confusing.

Alright I'm going to rant now. After this point I'm not fully accountable for what I type any excess or bad use of swearing is because I'm pissed!

Where does that bitch get off!? Putting a dead fucking minnow in the hood of my sweat shirt, even though, truthfully, I was treating her as she did not fucking deserve, with the cold respect I treat most people with! I laughed because some immature ass that had been freaking the girls out with dead crawfish, including your's truly, all Science class put a crayfish on her ass! I admit it was funny and I needed a laugh but it was not my fault that he did that. I had no control over him. She then proceeds to go after me because I didn't lick her flip-flops like everyone else. She is an insolent, immature, narrow-minded, pig-headed, useless, dumbass bitch that wouldn't know sarcasm if it bit her botox pumped ass. She is making me paranoid! I'm going to get in a screaming match with her if she catches the right angle. HOW THE HELL DID SHE GET IN HONORS CLASSES WITHOUT CHEATING! UHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I'm okay now.
Please tell me If I'm out of line.
Old 05-16-2006, 03:44 PM   #2887
Draconysius

The majority of the modern populace is comprised of people who would react the same way. There's nothing anyone can do about it, either.
Old 05-16-2006, 03:55 PM   #2888
An Eccentric Cellist

Maybe train their children better?
Old 05-16-2006, 05:04 PM   #2889
Sobeh

There's an interesting correlation between what parents tell their kids culturally, and the way the adults of said culture turn out. For example, in the US the Puritanical roots lead us to tell children to 'be good' and 'act nice', and we grow up with strong feelings of social conformity (whether subcultural or mainstream) and ethical foundations for action (again, whether mainstream or otherwise). In France, children are told instead of be good, 'be wise', and there is a stronger feeling for intellectual and literary pursuits, and a greater respect for teachers (who are treated with the respect and paychecks of physicians in the US, related again to the 'be good/well' mentality, and the old Puritan idea that health was a sign of Grace).

As in Germany, children are told to 'be straight', which is related to the social conformity of the US but in a more precise fashion... I'm a little less clear on the pertinent German phrases.

At any rate, you can also see this in the game of 'hide and seek', which in France is called 'hide and hide (again)', which has interesting consequences (though not as stereotypically negative as the average American would like to think).

There is a great wisdom in the phrase to 'train the children better', but of course, they observe on so many more levels than most people are even conscious, they pick a LOT more up than most people are aware they do before their critical shields go up. Learning starts within the first week of birth.
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:40 AM   #2890
Wise Child

Rant: I'm so fucking tired. Between work, my dissertation, friends, the boyfriend, my usual insomnia and a few other odd bits like tax to sort out and stuff like that, I haven't had more than six hours sleep in a night for three weeks now. (That's MAXIMUM btw.) I've been trying to read a book, have been at it for about a month and haven't even reached the half-way mark. I used to read a book that size in about a day. My eyes hurt constantly and keep watering, I can't stop yawning, I have purple circles around my eyes... I'm afraid I'm going to continue to get more and more exhausted, and end up serving someone a wrong drink at work or something, and just start bawling. I haven't really cried in about a year. (Tearing up at Disney films doesn't count... I hope.) That's how bloody knackered I am.

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Old 05-17-2006, 02:36 AM   #2891
Morrigan_Dubh

Am I right in thinking it is not cool to buy drugs off a twelve year old? But when I say I don't think it's cool I get a reaction like I'm being prudish or uptight or a fucking "square". Jesus Christ.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:00 AM   #2892
Virulent Dryad

You are right, very right. Why can't twelve years olds play with their friends or something, it really pisses me off that they waste such good parts of their childhood.
"Like that old tale, the girl who wanted to become the best dancer in the world. "Yes," said the sorceress, "but each time you set your foot on earth will be like knives slashing." "If you can stand the pain, you will be granted your desire."
Old 05-17-2006, 11:55 AM   #2893
Queenofdarkness57

WTF! 12 year-old drug dealer! The world is seriously falling apart.
Old 05-17-2006, 04:11 PM   #2894
Goth Blonde

my complaint

Only once has someone continued what I say. I feel mocked.
Old 05-17-2006, 04:17 PM   #2895
Empty_Purple_Stars

That is because we are mocking you.

+1 for figuring out the obvious.

Stop making stupid fucking threads and maybe people will stop mocking you.

This is a LITERARY FORUM not www.vampirefreaks.com

That website is way more your speed anyway, full of dumb little coozes like you who think they are vampires.

You should check it out.

They need you.
Old 05-17-2006, 04:38 PM   #2896
WizardElement5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goth Blonde
Only once has someone continued what I say. I feel mocked.
One of the best ways to make friends seems to be to post into the various games threads on the general board. I do understand that certain people have taken a dislike to you, though I don't know the reason for this. If I read back through all of your previous postings, I might gain a greater understanding of the situation, though I am not of mind to do this and certainly don't wish to get involved in others' arguments. I know that it is sometimes very hard to make friends and my advice would be to be as polite and gracious as you can, even when others are somewhat less than courteous. Obviosly that can be very difficult at times, especially if one has a naturally outgoing and expressive personality. But that is the best I can offer, I hope it is of some help to you.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:40 PM   #2897
4mytribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Oh, sweetie, only if you have some ibuprofen nearby. This twat's uninformed and juvenile ramblings are likely to give you a headache.

Once or twice a week I get a great laugh from this site. Its why I keep coming back for the punishment.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:57 PM   #2898
Solumina

on another note I hate working for the government, stupid people who leave shit on the sidewalk around our building really should be punched. Seriously who doesn't think that leaving their large briefcase on a man hole cover outside any major building, let alone a government building, could maybe be an issue. I got kicked out of my god damn office (at about 3:00) but it wasn't like I was sent home, I was just sent to the other side of the building and we weren't allowed to leave cuz the "bomb" was outside and we would be in more danger if we went outside
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Old 05-18-2006, 06:45 AM   #2899
Morrigan_Dubh

A girl who previously left my comapany has come back. I'm a little irked at this because she is very loud, and types like she's on speed. Irritating as fuck. And that makes me a sad panda.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:50 AM   #2900
Virulent Dryad

Ok so I overheard...(tell the truth I was eavesdropping) on my mother telling my father that she wished she never had kids. Now she has told us (me and my siblings)this in anger but normally things said in anger don't really mean anything so I brushed it off. I pretty much figured she wasn't too fond of us, considering she never hugged us when we were little and doesn't now but for fucks sake you'd think she'd at least be proud of us or something. My dad is abusive and my mother wishes she never had kids.

The thing is, I kinda suspected this all a long but it just registered that I don't have a normal family. I can't even fucking depend on my parents, useless twats.

Lalala all God's children, they all gotta die ..........
"Like that old tale, the girl who wanted to become the best dancer in the world. "Yes," said the sorceress, "but each time you set your foot on earth will be like knives slashing." "If you can stand the pain, you will be granted your desire."
Closed Thread