Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 08-15-2007, 06:16 PM   #1
corrosive lust

Just another new member joining.

Hello,

First off my name is Matt and I only recently discovered this site existed while looking up Roman Dirge on Google. There's not much information that I give out about myself unless I'm asked directly because I just don't know what anyone wants to hear. Anyways, I hope to make a pleasant addition to this forum and to contribute new and helpful information where the posts find need for it.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job) I mainly work with my Brother as a graphic artist for his bussiness Anthem merch. Aside from that I do a comic strip for Gothic Beauty, spend most of my time looking up picture references for prints I'm sketching out, watch a lot of History/Discovery channel shows, and apparently drive people nuts on car rides when my niece and I go back and forth answering Simpsons trivia.

2. Where are you from? For most of my life it was Riverside California. After turning 18 I joined the army and lived out in El Paso Texas for close to five years, then on to Newport News Virginia, then Ft. Campbell Kentucky, and now finally situated in Temecula California.

3. Who is your favorite author? In the past it's been Jules Verne but after Highschool I haven't read so much fiction unless in the SLG comicbook area. What floats my boat currently are History books I can find on sale at the local Barnes and Noble, paranormal reference books, and random graphic novels I pick up at Comiccon.

4. What are your favorite films? The blockbuster films of Lucas and Spielberg and the later Di Caprio movies(who I innitially hated).

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? I hope never to have one of those again, but in the spirit of this question I'd go for "Black Planet".

6. At your funeral? "Dead and Buried" by Alien Sex Fiend.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? Carbon Monoxide poisoning.

8. What kind of casket would you want? An economical casket is just fine, but I would like some intricate design work on the tombstone.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? Band shirt and jeans.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? Playing with legos.

11. What's your favorite band? Depeche mode.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? Graduated High school and recieve the rest of my education from the internet and leads I get from Discovery channels.

13. Why did you join? To get back in touch with the gothic community in more than just one message board. I spend all of my time at home in front of a computer. This, sad as it may seem, is my entire social life.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender? Male.
corrosive lust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 06:22 PM   #2
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Depeche Mode!

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 06:51 PM   #3
irishxrose

Welcome to the board!
irishxrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 09:14 PM   #4
biohazard

I like you. Welcome to the boards. Great taste in music, by the way
Old 08-17-2007, 09:01 AM   #5
delicti

Welcome to g-net.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:23 PM   #6
Wormboy

welcome, and you can still play with legos, lol
Theyre more fun when you're older, you can make some intricate shit

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 05:57 AM   #7
korinna5555

Roman Dirge! YAYY!
Oh.
You people have no idea how much I love Lenore.
Granted, I don't go to Hot Topic to buy Lenore shirts, but..
Her personality is quite similar to mine when I have a lot of caffiene in my system..

Depeche Mode! YAYY!
*rambles on some more*

Welcome.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:07 AM   #8
Aaroneet

Another Depeche Mode fan. Welcome.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:08 PM   #9
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Depeche Mode!!!!!!!!!!

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 10:42 PM   #10
Lucretia_my_Reflection

Hello mat welcome to gnet rawr!
Lucretia_my_Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote