Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 08-29-2007, 08:22 AM   #1
Rae Ven Rae

Don't yah hate it when...

Everyone has a story that is just like, damn, that was odd/weird/crazy/silly/goofy...so, I say we start a little story game that begins with "Don't you hate it when" -- the story can be real or imagined.

Mine, unfortunately, is real.

Don't you hate it when...

You're stuck deep in the woods in patent leather platform boots, a corset and full crinoline and you have to pee?

That totally happened to me.

The gal who just directed the video that consequently, kept me off he boards for some time (among other things) wanted to do the shoot by some ruins in a park near my home-- I wore tennis shoes and hiked, oh about 25 minutes into the forest --

Now, the ruins were lovely, a perfect backdrop for the song--but after I got all dressed in my get up, complete with short purple spikey wig and dark make up, damn if my ass didn't have to go pee--

And the bathroom was twenty five minutes away...

So I did what any good Goth gal would do...

I begged my hubby to help me walk in six inch platforms up a hill so I could lean against a tree and take a pee pee

Talk about being one with nature--sheesh!

Oh and uh -- did I mention that there was a very BUSY walking trial next to the ruins, complete with joggers, hikers and bicyclers who looked at me like the second coming of the Anti-Christ as I sought out the perfect spot to go and do my biz...?

Okay, your turn, your turn...
Rae Ven Rae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 03:46 PM   #2
Ishkabibble

Awww.. That's why I say that restrooms should be built very close to attractions. Something like this happened to me in Disney World two years ago, except I had to run to the loo. >_< I have no idea how I even made it.
Hehe, I think you're brave for actually taking a pee-pee in the middle of the woodseys.

On with my story.

You feel you're going to vomit, rush to the bathroom. When you've been kneeling beside the stinkin' toilet for so long, you've stopped being bothered by the toilet's nasty oders, to come and realize, you really aren't vomiting. Then, you go back to what you were doing before, and then throw up.

x3

Really bad memories when this happened at school..
Old 08-29-2007, 03:52 PM   #3
Rae Ven Rae

Damn, hun, that sounds horrendous-- did you have a stomach flu (don't mean to bring up bad memories...)

Don't you hate it when ....

you are in a hurry to get somewhere, you are already late, you run into every five minute red light and kid filled intersection, and every car that gets in front of you wants to drive twenty miles per hour when they normal usually speed around like demons any other day????????
Old 08-29-2007, 04:27 PM   #4
Ishkabibble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae Ven Rae
Damn, hun, that sounds horrendous-- did you have a stomach flu (don't mean to bring up bad memories...)

Don't you hate it when ....

you are in a hurry to get somewhere, you are already late, you run into every five minute red light and kid filled intersection, and every car that gets in front of you wants to drive twenty miles per hour when they normal usually speed around like demons any other day????????

Quantization Revision of Murphy's Laws: everything goes wrong all at once.

Yes, I had the stomach flu. I need to stop eating the junk that's sold at my school cafeteria..
Old 08-29-2007, 05:17 PM   #5
Rae Ven Rae

Yes, but it is precisely at times like that that I do believe in some kind of Creator, but he/she/it is up/over/in there just having a good ole time messing with our heads...lol...j/k
Old 08-29-2007, 05:18 PM   #6
Godslayer Jillian

Don't you hate it when your penis is at an uncomfortably close distance to a sharp object?
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 06:12 PM   #7
Rae Ven Rae

LOL....don't you hate it when

You forget somebody's name when everyone in the room is looking for you to introduce them?
Old 08-29-2007, 06:23 PM   #8
MollyMac

... you work your ass off, practice every day, drill and train for hours, get it all set to muscle memory, a no-brainer. You can do it in your sleep.

You get onstage, and you are doing it... no nerves, not even thinking about it. Precise muscle memory...

And on tha last four counts you snap out of zen and into reality and you blank.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:55 PM   #9
Ishkabibble

Don't you hate it when..

You're taking an exam you've really studied for, but then, due to nervousness, you forget all that you had studied and end up flunking out.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:01 PM   #10
MollyMac

No, I hate remembering everything I studied immediately and with great clarity upon walking out of the classroom.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:15 PM   #11
Rae Ven Rae

BOTH of those suck...

don't you hate it when...

you drive all out of your way to go have dinner/lunch whatever at your favorite place to eat and find out it closed--for good...
Old 08-29-2007, 08:12 PM   #12
Ishkabibble

Ah! x3 This happens to me almost everytime I try a new restaurant. >_<
Old 08-29-2007, 08:17 PM   #13
Rae Ven Rae

Me too--my hubby and i met at a place called smokey bones, and every so often we like to got here but THREE of them have shut down--not a good sign...

there is no let down like a food let down, you just don't want to eat anything after that...
Old 08-29-2007, 08:24 PM   #14
Ishkabibble

That or just gobble down whatever's near. x3
Old 09-07-2007, 02:25 AM   #15
Your Darkest Secret

You finally finish your make-up, and for the first time in your life every detail is absolutely perfect, your hair looks great, you're wearing your brand new black velvet fishtail skirt and satin-covered platform heels, you're off to meet your boyfriend...
And then the heavens open.
Shoes ruined. Skirt ruined. Bird's nest on your head. Make-up looks like the Crow.
Yeeeeeeouch.
Your Darkest Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:59 AM   #16
psyches_reflection

Don't you hate it when you forget that you know someone already?

When I was at my best friend's 20th earlier this year, I saw this girl in the kitchen and went over and introduced myself (I like to know everyone at parties) believing we'd never met. Except we had. She'd been at the last three parties I'd been to in that house. I'd even had a lenghty conversation with her previously about music... much shame and blushing.

She had lost a bit of weight and dyed her hair in the few months since I'd last seen her, so she took it as a compliment. I've done it with other people too though, without such a valid excuse.

Damn my brain
Old 09-07-2007, 07:20 AM   #17
Lapin

Don't you hate it when you zone out during a boring conversation, then get called on it?
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 05:08 PM   #18
LaBelleDameSansMerci

I do hate that, Lapin. I seem to do it all the time. Or, I'm listening and paying attention, but as soon as someone talks to me, I don't remember anything.

Don't you hate it when someone comes up to you and starts talking to you, and you know you're aquainted with them, but you've no idea who they are?

And...
Don't you hate it when you feel like someone's trying to rip your stomach open, and you don't know if it's sickness or hunger that's doing it?
It NEVER makes me want to eat anything, even if I am hungry.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:46 PM   #19
Wormboy

Don't you hate it when you have one of those days where every synapse you fire misses the mark entirely and you act like you have no brain at all?

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:37 PM   #20
LaBelleDameSansMerci

That happened to me on the day of an intake appointment for an early warning psychosis program. I don't think I did as well as I could have, considering that I don't really think I'm psychotic (my doctor refered me there...). I kept getting distracted by the clock, which was ticking and ticking and ticking and ticking.... Gah! I hate ticking clocks! I have a beautiful little cuckoo clock, straight from the Black Forest in Germany, and I can't stand having it running cuz the ticking drives me to distraction.

Don't you hate it when you get brochures that you neither need nor want? I got millions of them for the start of uni.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 08:34 AM   #21
Metabolik

Dont you hate it when...

You zip your bolocks up when you don't wear any underwear?
Old 09-08-2007, 09:57 AM   #22
Romantic Raven

Don't you hate it when people complain to you about how their lives suck, but instead of making a difference, they'd rather wait for a miracle to pop out of nowhere?
"I have cultivated my hysteria with delight and terror. Now I suffer continually from vertigo, and today, 23rd of January, 1862, I have received a singular warning, I have felt the wind of the wing of madness pass over me." - Charles Baudelaire
Romantic Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:41 AM   #23
Rae Ven Rae

romantic raven--that is my number one pet peeve -- I don't know when or where people got the idea that they don't have to be pro active in their own happiness but it annoys the piss out of me. Me and the hubby are very happy and that shit didn't come easy -- we worked hard at it and now we are at a very comfortable and spiritual place...

Slip----> OUCH!

La Belle, what's the start of Uni?

wormboy--I appear to have that issue all the damn time as of late...rofl Oh and don't you hate it when you go all brain dead in front of someone important--like your boss, or in my case a frickin' record label exec he probably thought I was on drugs and I probably one of the most drug free musicians I know....which will lead me to my don't you hate it when in a sec...

Lapin--I do that a lot too--I think it is a right brain syndrome of some sort thing--creative people get easily distracted...it's like la,la,la,la,la oooo shiny thing...

Psyches_reflection another good one I do a lot...maybe we're just narcissistic--lol

Darkest secret--either that--or you get splashed by bus, truck car or whatever and get covered in mud while wearing a brand new outfit...

people assume you do drugs just because you are a Goth or a musician? And even worse they get all bent out of shape if they offer some shit to you and you politely refuse. I have my own personal reasons for not doing it thank you very much--hell it could be a health concern for all they know--my not wanting to do it is no reflection on their personal choice--you would think saying no is tantamount to staging an intervention or something --that really chaps my hide...
Old 09-08-2007, 10:47 AM   #24
bleedingheart344

Don't you hate it when you finally beat a game but it has a horrid ending?
Old 09-08-2007, 11:05 AM   #25
Rae Ven Rae

I KNOW! I want to throw my controller at the screen and scream WHYYYYYYYY

Don't you hate it when you just got finished filling your plate up with food, only to sneeze and have it all hit the floor...