Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 11-20-2005, 06:29 PM   #1
CaffeineZombie

Sounds Like a Good Idea

I have been wracking my brians to find good things to do on this lil' trip i am going on to Jacksonville Florida and not finding much luck on the net... and yet it didn't occur to me until now to ask other people. I don't know if any of you are from Jacksonville or around there, but it would be helpful and anyone has any suggestions. I honestly don't want to sit on my butt all day for a week and pretend I am having fun, especiall if I have access to a car.. even if I will probably get lost.

If this is in the wrong place shoot me with a laser pointer and boot me out.

Also, as an add on, do any of you actually frequent any darker hangouts?

I mean I know I still go to this lil coffee shop and hang out with people I identify with and trade fashion tips with. Makeup clothes.. sometimes philosophy and fun caffeine highs I have a nice 'goth' club here, but tend to only go every so often.. I suppose this is also a way to kinda' get a feel for travel fun, again if i am to be shot it better be a laser pointer.. or maybe a boot, those are always shiny.
CaffeineZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 09:12 PM   #2
Manimal

You can never go wrong with a good Walmart. Start there and all your people watching fantasies... well nothing will actually happen except that you'll realize that Jacksonville sucks at least aas much as wherever you're coming from.
Manimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 09:33 PM   #3
angel_dark_demon_bright

If you need tips for things to do in florida you could try seeing if they have a website where you could get information. Most towns do that nowadays, especially if its a somewhat large city like Jacksonville. Jacksonville is only about a 100 miles (give or take a few) from disney world, if memory serves me, so they would probebly depend on tourism alot.

If all else fails grab a friend and go with manimal's idea. Walmart can provide you with hours of fun if they dont kick you out and/or arrest you.
angel_dark_demon_bright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 11:12 PM   #4
Phayte

Jacksonville for a vacation? Odd choice if you ask me lol
I live in jacksonville. Not for very long so i dont know a lot of good things to do, but there's always the zoo if the weather stays ok. Jacksonville beach is pretty nice too. Great sunsets.
St. Augustine isnt very far either. They have tons of great antique shops if your into that sort of thing, and Ripleys Believe it or Not! museum is in St. Aug as well. Ive been there too and I loved it.
I think we have two flea markets. Both are there everyday, but saturday is the best time. Just dont ask me where anything is. Hubby does all the driving lol

Hope that helps
~William Shakespeare
Phayte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 12:02 AM   #5
CaffeineZombie

Well not exactly a vaccation so much as one of my last few mandatory family trips, thanksgiving seems to do that. But as i said i don't wana sit on my butt waiting for the day of plenty to come. :P Oh walmart what would we do without you? Well if you love there and don't know where stuff is I may as well abandon all hope of driving lol
Old 11-21-2005, 12:31 AM   #6
rockandrose

when are you going?
Old 11-21-2005, 02:14 AM   #7
Phayte

Map quest or Google maps help a lot if you want to drive. The beach is well the beach, The zoo is well marked and St. Aug isn't hard to find.
I don't drive because I can't renew my licence here yet. I'm not american and they want a SSN that I don't have.
And no offence to anyone, but wal-mart as a "vacation destination"? You've gotta be kidding me.
~William Shakespeare
Old 11-22-2005, 04:23 PM   #8
CaffeineZombie

I am sorry for this late response, i am there now until saturday, i hate being lost while driving, i went to the regency mall and puked alot.. but i didn't get lost, gooo mapquest. And yeah sorry guys i have lately been just asking random ppl what to do... with no luck yet actually.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:32 PM   #9
Phayte

Why not ask your family? They do live here.. right? Unless I missunderstood "mandatory family trips"
~William Shakespeare
Old 11-24-2005, 03:43 PM   #10
CaffeineZombie

They all have their own agendas, and while they all have a car, and then some excess, they aren't all too happy to cart me around, but alas, my time is up, so this threat will soon die, or it must by friday anyway.