Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: ...
.. 0 0%
... 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 12:29 PM   #2376
Ben Lahnger

Well, Dis, you know what they say: "It's only paranoia if they really aren't out to get you." Heh!

Seriously, one of the things I like about the internet is the anonymity. How can a group of people conspire to affect me in any way when they don't even truly know who I am? I'm not trying to minimize your concern, just reassure you.

Plus, you've behaved in a civil, articulate, intelligent manner here in all ways. I don't know how you could not have the respect and admiration of the good people here.

Make sure you leave the computer on and connected to the internet, okay?

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 03-19-2006, 12:34 PM   #2377
Ben Lahnger

E_P_S, that is VERY good news. I'm glad he is better. I'm also glad you're looking into the underlying cause.

The best medicine is preventive medicine.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 03-19-2006, 03:21 PM   #2378
Empty_Purple_Stars

Uhh WTF?

No it isn't..

It's friggin III!!

Who the fuck is this Dumb, Unprofessional Cunt and what Cracker Jack Box did she get her degree from exactly??

*EDIT*

It looks like some Dewey Decimal Fanatic out there thinks it would be a good IDEA to convert all Roman Numerals to direct Decimal form. But I don't see anywhere where that has been written into stone, or become a recognized or accepted new National standard.

Stupid Ho.
Old 03-19-2006, 03:35 PM   #2379
Ben Lahnger

Frank Zappa observed, "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

I particularly enjoyed his IIIXth album.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 03-19-2006, 03:54 PM   #2380
Ben Lahnger

And just to prove Frank right, here's a news item I got from my weekly www.thisistrue.com e-mail:

Mayra Ramirez, 16, a sophomore at Curie Metropolitan High School in Chicago, Ill., didn't want to take driver's education, but passing the written rules-of-the-road exam is a graduation requirement. She reluctantly took the 10-week class and got an "A".

Ramirez never plans to drive: she's blind. "In a way, it brought me down, because it reminds me of something I can't do," Ramirez said.

"I don't think you can ever get enough traffic safety," said Brent Johnston, chairman of the Illinois High School/College Driver's Education Association. Still, he admits, "a little common sense would go a long way."
(Chicago Tribune)

Yeah, because it's in such short-fucking-supply in the public school system!

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 03-19-2006, 06:43 PM   #2381
tenet_2012

Man, I just clipped my fingernails. I managed to get four in the trash. The rest disappeared on the floor. Now, I am going to step on them with my bare feet.

Damn, I hate that.

--Geisha
Old 03-19-2006, 06:57 PM   #2382
Empty_Purple_Stars

Me too. Toenail clippings are Icky.

A few of them always manage to suicide out of your hands, only to be found by your feet later.

Ick!!
Old 03-19-2006, 07:08 PM   #2383
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviant Kitten
My mini-rant:
I'm so sick and tired of being skint. The bills are all due (or overdue) and I have no money to pay them with. I'm worried that the electricity will get cut off soon. I'm working part-time and my wages barely cover the rent, let alone the water, electric, council tax etc etc... I desperately need a full-time job but there aren't any going around here at the moment. Worrying makes me feel ill, and feeling ill makes looking for a job even harder.
I missed this earlier..

I'm sorry things are so tough right now, I relate.

Is your man working? You two live together right?

And what is a "council tax"? Sounds terrible in a very Parliamentary sort of way..

I don't know what the social welfare situation is in the UK. Are there any organizations there that might help you with your bills while you get on your feet?

I know it totally sucks ass being broke. Wish I could help Hun..

But I have lots of Hugs for you instead. If that helps a bit.

*squeezes your neck & your bum for good measure*

Smooches..
Old 03-20-2006, 06:46 AM   #2384
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
As of Friday, he was what I could finally call "on the mend".

Phew!!

I'm going to have him tested for Asthma in the next few weeks, so we can get to the bottom of his repetitive respiratory problems..

I have my own suspicions as to the cause, but I am trying to think positively until we get a clearer understanding of what is going on with him.

He's a tough little guy, and he's been through so much in his short life.

I just want to get him pink cheeked and rosy, and full of energy.

He deserves it..

Thanks for asking guys. We deeply appreciate the support.
I'm very glad to hear he's getting better, EPS
I hope that seeing the doc will help, and that he hasn't got any serious problems. Have you heard of rhinitis? It's a dust allergy - my brother suffers from it and it gives him breathing problems sometimes. I just mentioned it because I thought it could be a possibility.
Let us know how he gets on with the asthma test. *sends huggles to the little one*

~ Wei Hui
Old 03-20-2006, 07:02 AM   #2385
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
I missed this earlier..

I'm sorry things are so tough right now, I relate.

Is your man working? You two live together right?

And what is a "council tax"? Sounds terrible in a very Parliamentary sort of way..

I don't know what the social welfare situation is in the UK. Are there any organizations there that might help you with your bills while you get on your feet?

I know it totally sucks ass being broke. Wish I could help Hun..

But I have lots of Hugs for you instead. If that helps a bit.

*squeezes your neck & your bum for good measure*

Smooches..

Thank you EPS, yes hugs always help!

Council tax... umm, yeah I think "terrible in a very Parliamentary sort of way" sums it up perfectly! *laughs* It's a monthly tax that everyone in the UK pays, it goes towards public services (road maintenance, schools, police, libraries etc) but I'm pretty sure a lot of it gets swallowed up by paperwork and admin *rolls eyes* The amount you pay is based on the property and area you live in - a large house in the centre of town (and therefore closer to amenities) gets charged more than a small house out in the sticks, for instance. The problem is, it goes up every year. Mine's Ł83 a month at the moment (I think that's around $120).

Yeah, my boyfriend works full time. I feel awful that I earn so much less than he does - I don't want him to feel under pressure! I always pay half of the bills, but it's getting harder and harder to do so on my part-time wage We're not eligible for benefits, I've checked. He pays Ł100 a month child maintenance for his little boy (plus lots of presents and little things! ) but since it's not official and there's nothing written down proving that he pays maintenance, it doesn't help us to get any benefits.

The only thing I can do is keep looking for a full-time job. I've been to the job centre today and there were a few possibilities, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get one of them!

Thanks again for your kind words and hugs, I really appreciate them.
*squeezes ya bum and sends smooches*

~ Wei Hui
Old 03-20-2006, 11:11 PM   #2386
bunnicula

To change the subject....My fucking Neighbor! The other day, I was doing laundry, and the old hag downstairs comes out of her cave to ask me, "Did you move your bed?"
What? Why is she asking me that?
I said, "Actually, I sleep on an air matress, I don't have an actual bed, per se. Why do you ask?" (I'm thinking, maybe she heard something, and assumed we were moving furniture)
"Well," says the hag, "At 1:30 in the morning, my aunt woke me up to say there was someone outside the window. I went to check, and there was no one, but I heard voices. It was you talking. I can hear everything you say when you're in your BEDROOM. It's like you are in my house."
"WHAT?" Ok. I am freaked out now. She says it's not just muffled voices, or footsteps. She can hear actual conversations. And this is where it gets weird.
Her: "You were talking about public housing. I told my aunt, ' I don't think they're low income, they're students. I wonder why they were talking about that. So..."
me: "Yes, we were talking about that. We saw something on the news about public housing in New Orleans and were talking about it."
like its any of her fucking business. And she has the nerve to BRING UP the conversation she OVERHEARD from MY bedroom! So apparently she just sat there in her house, listening to us talking about public housing and god knows what other crap we talk about in our bedroom, wondering why we were talking about it, just waiting for the next time she heard me coming down the stairs so she could satisfy her curiosity about whether her neighbors would be moving into public housing. As if that's her business.

It might be funny if she wasn't such a troll. After hurricane Katrina, my best friend who lost her house came to stay with me in Portland for a few weeks, and spent most of her time crying in my apartment while I was at school. My fucking ass-face neighbor called the landlord and COMPLAINED about the noise my friend was making while she was in MY HOUSE. She was fucking crying about losing everything associated with her life in New Orleans, including her first apartment, all her daughter's things, her photo albums, anything that was precious to her was lost. And my neighbor had the nerve to complain that she was making too much noise and being "too loud on the phone."

When I first moved into this apartment, the neighbor came out and the first thing she said to me was not, "welcome to the neighborhood" or "my name is ___" or "Nice to meet you," but she said this: "You're going to be quiet right? We're very quiet people. You know the last people who lived in your place, well, I got them evicted because they played the TV too loud. And don't double park."

Disgusting filthy waste of space. AND she's one of those people who drives a huge SUV for no reason. No kids, no job that requires hauling things, no pets. Just to take up other people's space and oxygen.

OK. that is all. I hate her.
Old 03-21-2006, 02:04 AM   #2387
Deviant Kitten

*makes voodoo doll of nasty old woman and hands it to Bunnicula*

There ya go - do you want to borrow some pins?

~ Wei Hui
Old 03-21-2006, 02:10 AM   #2388
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Um, so, I'm all for alternatively spelled names. I mean, I spell my name Katy. But sometimes, when I meet my friends' parents, I think that maybe they just didn't know how to spell it the right way.
No one spells my name right. I tell them it's Kate with a "C" and 9 times out of 10 after they've written it down they look at me strangely and say "so... it's Cat?"

*sigh*

How can someone look at "Cate" and assume it's pronounced "Cat"?! Morons.

What makes it even worse is that there's a famous actress who spells her name like I do - you'd think people would get used to the spelling!

~ Wei Hui
Old 03-21-2006, 09:25 AM   #2389
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeishaGirl
Well, with any luck, she'll be dead soon. Slash her tires.

When I grow up, I'm gonna be a nosy old lady and say things like "Whipper-Schnappers!" and "Get off my lawn!" or "In MY days..."

I can't wait!
I'm okay with all that, as long as you never lose sight of the fact that you are joking.

I hope I never develope that special kind of intolerance reserved for the elderly. There's something about getting entrenched in habit and familiarity that leads some older people to resent change to the extreme. And sometimes they just go too far:

Police say man kills teen for walking on lawn

The fifteen year old boy was a straight A student, and is described by neighbors as a "good kid". I doubt that he even did more than maybe cut across a corner of this old man's lawn, and this is what he got!

What a terrible shame! What a fucking tragedy! There are victims of this horror everywhere: the boy, his family, the community, his schoolmates ... and ultimately, perhaps even this old man.

Because I heard his voice today on TV as they played back the 911 call. When he called in to tell the dispatcher that he had killed the boy, his voice had a flat, dispassionate tone to it ... that lead me to intuit that he probably thought his live was meaningless and over well before this day. His actions are unforgivable, but it makes me pause to think about how that unwillingness to embrace change puts so many elderly people into dead ends.

What a terrible shame! That poor boy! I am so saddened by this.

Last edited by Ben Lahnger; 03-21-2006 at 09:28 AM. Reason: remove signature from this particular post.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:51 AM   #2390
horrorgirl

Is it just me, or are there more and more angsty teen coming into these forums telling us what goth or punk is all about? Here is some advice kiddies: SHUT THE HELL UP. You are not 'different' you are just the same as every other angsty teen. Start crying because goth IS now mainstream. The whole 'When it becomes mainstream....' crap is hysterical because if it wasn't mainstream you never would have heard about it in the first place. Sod off you spoiled bratty wankers.

Brought to you by listening to The Exploited and getting fed up with stupidity.

I'm gothtastically delicious!
Old 03-21-2006, 11:10 AM   #2391
Empty_Purple_Stars

I don't know if this is so much of a rant, as it is a whine..

Today I am preparing for my long-awaited and very painful 'test' tomorrow.

I am dreading it beyond what words can describe.

Manimal is taking the day off to take me to the Imaging Center, and stay with me as much as they will allow during the test.

I don't want to fucking do this, but I have no choice..

It simply has to be done..

I'm scared and worried, and absolutely drowning in pity right now..

Wheee!!

I haven't even signed into my messengers today, because I just can't have any sort of a meaningful conversation with my friends while I am trying to do the things I need to do to get ready for tommorrow.

This just sucks, sucks, sucks..

That's pretty much all.

Le Sigh..
Old 03-21-2006, 11:18 AM   #2392
horrorgirl

Having to get medical related things done really bites. I have had some major sinus problems and have had to get two surgeries as a result. They also thought that I had lupus but the one test they gave me turned out negative. However, I have the feeling that I have rhuematoid arthritis because it runs in my faily. The joints in my hands have begun to act up this year.

I'm gothtastically delicious!
Old 03-21-2006, 11:44 AM   #2393
Binkie

Keep us updated afterwards, EPS, and know that my thoughts will be with you tomorrow as well.

"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Old 03-21-2006, 12:21 PM   #2394
Ben Lahnger

E_P_S, I'm sorry, hun. There are times when I think to myself "I've never gone through anything like that" while I'm trying to empathize with what they are going through. This is one of those times.

I wish there was something meaningful I could do or say to make it better, babe. If I were a poet and could play guitar, I could do it. Instead, I found you a few quotes that may have some small meaning for you.

“Many of us spend our whole lives running from feeling with the mistaken belief that you cannot bear the pain. But you have already borne the pain. What you have not done is feel all you are beyond the pain.” - Saint Bartholomew

"Pain is meant to wake us up. People try to hide their pain. But they're wrong. Pain is something to carry, like a radio. You feel your strength in the experience of pain. It's all in how you carry it. That's what matters.” - Jim Morrison

“Pain does not have a moral value. Drugs do not have a moral value. Life is good... to be cherished, promoted and supported. We, as physicians, should not be moralizing about pain or its treatments.” - Dan Brookoff

“Man endures pain as an undeserved punishment; woman accepts it as a natural heritage” - unknown

"God be between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - ancient Egyptian blessing

Oh, I said if I was a poet and could play guitar ... but I've got almost as good:

An attractive young girl, chaperoned by an ugly old crone, entered the doctor's office. "We have come for an examination" said the young girl. "Alright," said the doctor. "Go behind that curtain and take your clothes off." "No, not me" said the girl. "it's my old aunt here." "Very well," said the doctor. "Madam, please stick out your tongue."

----

One day, a painter found himself short of help and went to the unemployment office to hire someone for the day. When he arrived, they didn't have any painters available, but they did have a gynecologist there. He reluctantly took him along to help.

A couple of weeks later, the painter returned to the unemployment office needing temporary help again. This time there were two painters, but instead he asked for the gynecologist again. The clerk asked, "Why do you want a gynecologist when we have two professional painters you can take right now?"

He said, "Two weeks ago when I hired the gynecologist, we arrived at the house and it was locked with nobody home. But I'll be damned if that gynecologist didn't stick his hand through the mail slot and paint the whole house!"

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 03-21-2006, 01:39 PM   #2395
bunnicula

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviant Kitten
*makes voodoo doll of nasty old woman and hands it to Bunnicula*

There ya go - do you want to borrow some pins?

Thanks! No I have plenty of pins. And kitchen knives, samurai swords, machetes....ok, I'm getting carried away.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:21 PM   #2396
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeishaGirl
What are the tests for? I mean will they help you get better eventually? I hope so. I'll be thinking about you, love. Just close your eyes and picture Wolfie's boobies when the pain gets to be too much.

No seriously. We all love you so much and we know you love us. Maybe if you think about us at the hardest times, it will take the edge off, even just a little.

*squeeze*
Thanks to everyone for all of your well-wishes. And especially to Ben for the beautiful quotes and chuckles. I have most of those in my Book O' Quotes, they are lovely thank you.

The Test is at 9:45 in the morning, and I am dreading it more and more as the day goes on.

Ugh..

My doctor ordered this test to get a better look at the damage to my intestines, and to try and pinpoint where the bleeding is coming from inside. This particular test isn't the best way to get a clear look, but it is the cheapest. Which unfortunately is a factor because I have no insurance.

I have had this procedure done a few times, which is how I know it is going to be painful and extremely unpleasant. But it has to be done, so I am just trying to suck it up and get through it.

Currently I am just weak and exhausted, and wishing I could eat something. Which blows because I can't eat til tommorrow afternoon, and after they get done with me I won't want to eat. YAY!! *sigh*

I'm doing the best I can under the circumstances, which is all I can really do at this point.

Thanks again for being there for me though guys, it really does help a lot..

*tears & hugs*
Old 03-21-2006, 04:27 PM   #2397
tenet_2012

*hugs and smooches for E_P_S*

Good luck, hun.

--Geisha
Old 03-21-2006, 05:05 PM   #2398
ExistentialDisorder

I hope the unpleasantries of tomorrow are over for you quickly, EPS. sorry you have to go through all of this.

"What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection
Is it all you wanted to be?
What if you could look right through the cracks?
Would you find yourself [or]
Find yourself afraid to see?..." -NIN
Old 03-22-2006, 02:18 AM   #2399
Wise Child

I just spent ten minutes typing a reply to that 4mytribe knob jockey who reckons Londoners don't see any serious racial conflict. The thread was open when I started, then closed when I finished and my reply woudn't post. Fuckin' meh.

Bollocks to it anyway.

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Old 03-22-2006, 02:24 AM   #2400
Demonista_Ravenesque

Rant:

Will strangers kindly please stop touching my dreadlocks?

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Closed Thread