Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 02-16-2006, 05:48 AM   #51
horrorgirl

I had an abortion when I was 20 and it was the right thing for me to do at the time. I had no safety net and the father was a meth addict. To this day I am really glad that I didn't have that baby. It would have been irresponsible for me to have had a baby in those circumstances.

I'm gothtastically delicious!
horrorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 05:50 AM   #52
Blushing Heliophobe

Leticia - my mom was 16 when she had me and I am thankful every day that when she was under pressure from her family to have an abortion, she decided not to good moms come in all ages.

Why don't you swing by the Introduction forum and make yourself a thread?
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 05:52 AM   #53
Blushing Heliophobe

Horrorgirl - I'm sure it was a hard decision to make. I don't think anyone has the right to judge you for the decision you made, and that's why I hate when people get all holier-than-thou when discussing the subject.

Life is not rainbows and sugar fairies...some people have a hard time remembering that.
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 08:55 PM   #54
athilla nemrie

I'm against abortion but it doesn't mean that I'm against those women who didin't have the choice but to abort their babies. I understand that sometimes humans do things because that's what they think is the best thing to do. But we really can't tell them that what they did is right or wrong.
Personally, I wouldn't choose abortion. Maybe it's because I have lived a very sheltered life that I came to believe there's still something good to hope for in every shitty situation. Whenever I think about abortion, I think about the unborn fetus and how awful it must be for him/her not to be able to experience life, not to be able to breath and see colors, hear music...but then again, I'm my opinion is just a reflection of how I was brought up.
athilla nemrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 09:31 PM   #55
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorgirl
I had an abortion when I was 20 and it was the right thing for me to do at the time. I had no safety net and the father was a meth addict. To this day I am really glad that I didn't have that baby. It would have been irresponsible for me to have had a baby in those circumstances.

I know it probably doesn't mean much, but I support your decision.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 06:22 AM   #56
Lady Ravenna

Smoking whilst being pregnant is not so swift...My best friend is expecting and she has to quit now, but its for the best...
Lady Ravenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 10:06 AM   #57
horrorgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
I know it probably doesn't mean much, but I support your decision.
Thank you for saying that.

I'm gothtastically delicious!
horrorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 07:56 AM   #58
move_along_kid

Well,I think Pro,if the mother was around 14-15 years of age.I'm not pro-choice if the mother would be in maybe her mid 20's.Unless,of course,the mother is able to take care of the infant,like if she was a drug addict or alchoholic,I would prefer they get abortions.Although I hate killing babies,I would either do that if she was unhealthy,or let it be born and have them put the child up for adoption.I would feel bad tohugh,because orphanages are overflowing nowadays.
move_along_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 09:12 AM   #59
Tall One In Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by move_along_kid
Well,I think Pro,if the mother was around 14-15 years of age.I'm not pro-choice if the mother would be in maybe her mid 20's.Unless,of course,the mother is able to take care of the infant,like if she was a drug addict or alchoholic,I would prefer they get abortions.Although I hate killing babies,I would either do that if she was unhealthy,or let it be born and have them put the child up for adoption.I would feel bad tohugh,because orphanages are overflowing nowadays.
You want an age limit on abortion? Because 15-year-olds are more mature and better equipped to handle the emotional consequences than 25-year-olds, right?

It sounds like you want to write an extensive set of rules for who, in your opinion, should get an abortion and who shouldn't. Since you know what's best for every woman in America, that's a swell idea.

Sheesh. I don't know why I even bother.
Old 03-05-2006, 01:14 PM   #60
Reject_Bunnies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Sweetie, some of the mods think he's Piter De Vries/Rabbit/Elbryan...
I might be going out on a limb here,but if I read this correctly some Mods think this:"Move_Along_Kid" person is actually me?(Posting under another name)
Reject_Bunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 02:28 PM   #61
MrMaelstrom

I think the legal age for abortion should be extended post-birth. I know a few 20,30,40,50 and 60-year-olds that I would mind aborting myself.
Old 03-11-2006, 03:41 PM   #62
WolfMoon

Mael?

MAEL!!!!

WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN????

*pounce-hugz-smooches-assgrab*
Old 03-12-2006, 12:36 AM   #63
Pathogen.

This is going to sound retarded, but I could only answer the topic-thread's question with a chant I stole from local Planned Parenthood organisers:

"Back alleys, no more
Abortion rights for rich & poor".

The less rich bastards brought into this world, the better.
Pathogen. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 06:46 AM   #64
WolfMoon

Do you know that it costs $200 in my area?

Yeah, who the fuck can afford that?

That's great, Pathogen. I totally agree. We should start a government that's run by the people instead of a bunch of rich goons that don't even know who the 'people' are.
Old 03-12-2006, 09:00 AM   #65
Cicero

Pro-choice.

If you don't want an abortion, don't get one, but the opportunity should be there for people who truly can't cope with a child.

And about those who abuse the privilege of that choice by using it as a replacement for birth control, perhaps it's best that they don't have children. Why have even more idiots crawling the earth?
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 09:26 AM   #66
la fee verte

I agree, abortions should not be used as a replacement for birth control. However, it should be a reproductive option. I don't see many anti-choice fascists out there who are willing to adopt unwanted children and the foster care system is a nightmare.
la fee verte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 09:34 AM   #67
Reject_Bunnies

Quote:
Originally Posted by la fee verte
I agree, abortions should not be used as a replacement for birth control. However, it should be a reproductive option. I don't see many anti-choice fascists out there who are willing to adopt unwanted children and the foster care system is a nightmare.
Hi there,
Could you give us a quick introduction please?
Introduction Thread
Reject_Bunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 10:30 AM   #68
succubus,queenofvampires

I agree with Cicero.People should have the right to choose whether or not they want to abort their kids. I also believe that, like most other situations, minors should get the permission of their parents before undergoing abortions. Also, since I believe in democracy, I think that any opposing party(priests, other religious persons...) should have the right to state its point of view without trying to ban abortion.
succubus,queenofvampires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 11:00 AM   #69
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santarea
But... but... they told me in civics class that a Democracy is run by the people... for the people... Did they lie? Was I the child they left behind?
It's okay, punkin, so was I. At least we have good company.

Old 03-12-2006, 02:38 PM   #70
Godslayer Jillian

I like Succubus' point of view

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 02:07 AM   #71
bunnicula

I mostly agree with Tall One. I don't have kids, and don't want them. I have enough of them at work! But I don't really know what I would do if I got pregnant. I definitely think abortion should be completely legal and safe.

Nobody has mentioned this yet, surprisingly: what about the gross overpopulation in our country? I know that probably sounds cold to some people, but it's true. If there were fewer of us, we would all be more comfortable. What would life be like for us if abortion were illegal? We would be so overpopulated that there would be no rural areas, not enough farmland to feed us all, and horrible pollution.
bunnicula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 03:15 AM   #72
Cicero

I thought of the overpopulation factor, too, but in most countries that's caused by lack of contraception as opposed to lack of abortion. Although definitely, if contraception isn't an option (or is foolishly ignored), safe abortions should be available to prevent unwanted extra children in the world.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:35 AM   #73
Cruel Intentions

I agree that people should be able to choose to abort up to a certain degree. After so long the child will become conscious. I don't know how difficult it is to discover this so forgive my lack of medical understanding.

After that point I think the abortion should then only happen in extreme circumstances, although I realise that most abortions probably only happen in extreme circumstances anyway. It's impossible to give an exhaustive list of which circumstances condone an abortion and which don't so it really comes down to relative morality.

Aborting purely because of unwanted kids seems somewhat flippant to me. It's just the lack of sympathy for either the parents or the child but I would say that if the abortion is carried out before the child becomes concious then it should be allowed but I'm still not entirely convinced. It seems like an excuse to not use contraception to me. Even if that isn't the intention.

Killing a child in the womb is a serious course of action but if the circumstances are mitigating - I'm not sure if this is the right word but one which must suffice - then they may be the deciding factor.
Cruel Intentions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 07:59 AM   #74
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero
I thought of the overpopulation factor, too, but in most countries that's caused by lack of contraception as opposed to lack of abortion. Although definitely, if contraception isn't an option (or is foolishly ignored), safe abortions should be available to prevent unwanted extra children in the world.

Maybe not so much a lack of contraception as the high price of contraception. It would be easy to say something along the lines of "If you can't afford the pill, don't fuck". But why should that luxury be afforded to only a few?

They should make better contraception more readily affordable to the working class. That would probably prevent a lot of gross overpopulation.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:44 PM   #75
Cicero

I was thinking more along the lines of the third world (the places with the worst overpopulation) - rural Africa and Asia, where there isn't a condom within a thousand miles, let alone an abortion clinic.