Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:55 AM   #1
L'Oiseau Noir

Chokers...

I was wondering if anyone on the forums knew of a good online shop or store that sells decent, gothic-type chokers? I generally go for lacy, feminine chokers that would look great with a victorianesque attire. I still have a few more sites to check out, but I wanted to submit a query here to see if someone could point me in a clearer direction and help lessen my hours of searching.

If not, then I'd be grateful for any DIY ideas. Like which materials I should use, what I should use with it (i.e needles, or a sewing machine), and so forth.

Thanks in advance.

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 06:20 AM   #2
Romantic Raven

There are a lot of online stores that sell gorgeous chokers, but they are very expensive. It's pretty easy to make one yourself, so it would be a waste of money to spend $30 or more. All you need is about 30 cm of lace or velvet, a pendant and, if you want, some smaller beads. It's important to be open-minded about the materials you want to use, because you might not find what you want, so you'll have to make do with what you find. Anyway, whatever you decide to do, good luck!
"I have cultivated my hysteria with delight and terror. Now I suffer continually from vertigo, and today, 23rd of January, 1862, I have received a singular warning, I have felt the wind of the wing of madness pass over me." - Charles Baudelaire
Romantic Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 06:26 AM   #3
L'Oiseau Noir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romantic Raven
There are a lot of online stores that sell gorgeous chokers, but they are very expensive. It's pretty easy to make one yourself, so it would be a waste of money to spend $30 or more. All you need is about 30 cm of lace or velvet, a pendant and, if you want, some smaller beads. It's important to be open-minded about the materials you want to use, because you might not find what you want, so you'll have to make do with what you find. Anyway, whatever you decide to do, good luck!
I was contemplating that idea. I was taking a gander around Ebay, too, and I found some beautiful chokers in the range of 5-10 dollars, so if the DIY thing doesn't work out (my mom may never get around to taking me up to the fabrics store), I was going to consider purchasing one of those.

Thanks for the ideas, Raven! I have a design in mind already...

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 08:47 AM   #4
Underwater Ophelia

Kambriel.

sdfgsdfg
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote