Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 11-08-2008, 03:19 PM   #26
Blackthorn_Childe

Hmmm... Well, I guess a staple for me would be my trench. I've worn it for so long that people ask me if there's anything wrong if I don't wear it. It's quite a nice coat.

I pretty much always wear boots of some sort or another, too.
Blackthorn_Childe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 07:12 PM   #27
Dr Nancy

A chain I always wear with either a set of tiny diary keys on it, or my diary padlock, a rosary bead bracelet, ripped tights and docs.
Dr Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 03:02 AM   #28
Bete Noire

My boots. They're old and nearly dead now, but they're very comfortable.

And recently, a pair of "indigo" jeans that fit me better than anything I've found before.

Usually a band t-shirt, or a button-down top of some sort, or both.
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:06 AM   #29
Maggoty Anne

London Fog trenchcoat, Docs, bowler hat, black/white stripy tights, weird anachronistic stuff. And my glasses, I guess. Meh.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:21 AM   #30
Ahsatan

My homemade rosary beads, High heels or platformed boots/shoes, blue hair, Excentric makeup,and big gawdy vintage jewlry.
I dont' know those ar just my favs and my usuals.
Ahsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:24 AM   #31
shogem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
My jeans that are falling apart to the point where I feel indecent if I don't wear opaque leggings underneath
I always liked that look, although I never thought to try it.

My staples are jewelry, mainly, and my hair (short, black with some vibrant color splotched in somewhere). I wear two silver rings (more when I find the right ones), my labret stud/circular barbell, and my earrings. I'll wear a choker or a pendant sometimes, but I've found that unless it's chainmail, no necklace stands up to years of rough daily wear so it's not a frequent thing. I wear fairly nondescript street clothes, but like a lot of us, people have always said to spot me is to spot the girl in black.
shogem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:28 AM   #32
Malice In Wonderland

I have too many clothes to really have a staples piece.

Although I generally wear tight jeans with boots, creepers or pointy shoes.

And generally band tshirts or button up shirts.

It depends what the weather's like/ which piece of overworn clothing I ruined most recently.
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:37 AM   #33
jack_the_knife

My sunglasses, I never leave the house without sunglasses.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:40 AM   #34
Maggoty Anne

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_the_knife
My sunglasses, I never leave the house without sunglasses.
Great, now I can't help picturing you as Crowley from Good Omens. It's better than Aziraphale, I guess.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:52 AM   #35
LiUsAiDh

I have quite a few, I'm usually in one of either my black bustle skirt, my shiny tin-foil-esque skirt, or my white homemade lolit@ skirt. I also am usually wearing bright yellow or blue tights. I also wear a lot of silk scarves.

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:55 AM   #36
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Harness boots and my leather jacket. That, or my wool greatcoat.

Unfortunately that stuff doesn't work in the summer, and I'm not stubborn enough to wear them through the heat.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:38 PM   #37
twistedsyn

Really depends on where I am going at the time...

My Iphone or Iphone, My Demonia buckle boots, My H&M jeans, I am in <3 with, My battered old leather jacket, Silver rings/jewlery...
twistedsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:11 PM   #38
~~Auriel~~

A petticoat, corset, skirt, and combat boots. Or some Tripp pants and a skull or band t-shirt.
~~Auriel~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 04:09 AM   #39
pixy_dust

^ now please tell me about the corset. I'm just curious...I always wonder how you can really breathe in one...or is breaking ribs myth true? I've never put one on before actually.
pixy_dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 06:04 AM   #40
Cicero

If a real corset's well constructed, fitted properly and laced down sensibly it should usually be pretty comfortable. The one case I know of a broken rib caused by corsetry was the result of excessive tightlacing on a male figure, and men's ribs aren't quite bendy enough for massive waist reductions like that. On the whole corsets are perfectly safe.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 06:36 AM   #41
Saya

If you're just wearing one for show and not trying to squish all your innards in (a friend of mine does that, it makes me cringe), they are comfortable, although if you're out of breath it might feel a little restricting, and if you're not used to it and wear it for a really long time (like ten hours), then it gets uncomfy.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:47 AM   #42
~~Auriel~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero
If a real corset's well constructed, fitted properly and laced down sensibly it should usually be pretty comfortable. The one case I know of a broken rib caused by corsetry was the result of excessive tightlacing on a male figure, and men's ribs aren't quite bendy enough for massive waist reductions like that. On the whole corsets are perfectly safe.
That's very true. It's not an easy fashion either. You can't just go out and buy one and wear it comfortably. Plus you have to have a "lacer" or someone to help you into it.
To lace it you start lacing at the top like a shoelace, then skip the rivets at the waist and continue the "shoelace" in the rivets directly below. Then you have to do up the front, then the lacer tightens it overall, then pulls the two at the waist and ties those. After wearing it for about a half an hour, the lacer tightens it again. They are actually very versatile and mold well to your body, and can actually be comfortable to wear. There are a lot of restrictions though, when you wear them- nothing bubbly- beer, soda, champange. No big meals- no bar stools, keep to chairs with a back on them. To help with your posture, you should wear heels. Much like being in your last trimester of pregnancy you can't bend at the waist (lol) so you'll have to get used to bending at the knees. I like to wear skirts rather than pants because the challenge of going to the bathroom is overcome much easier when I don't have 3 inches of the top of my pants tucked under my corset, etc. I can't imagine a broken rib...happening from wearing one.
~~Auriel~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 03:32 PM   #43
Elysiume

For some reason I'm tempted to say, "Stapler"...

Uh...I wear my Docs pretty much every day, usually a pair of tight jeans, I take my satchel pretty much everywhere, it has; my notebook, my sketchpad, a map (I get lost easily if I go too far from my home), drawing materials, whatever book I'm reading, chapstick, purse, lighter etc...,everything I need really, I get a little panicky if I don't have it when I go out. Oh any the weather where I live makes it necessary to always carry an umbrella/ parasol, because you never know when it's going to rain or become unbearably sunny.

"I am a citizen of the universe!"
- Porucík Servadac, Na Komete (1970)
Elysiume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 03:07 PM   #44
weepingblood

I used to like black jewlry but since I wear black clothes, I like to wear silver jewlry now. The black and silver works well. I also wear fake tan, I know it is not very gothic but my jewlry stands out alot more.
weepingblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 04:39 PM   #45
girasol

I don't wear anything in particular over and over again. I have 3 pairs of favourite shoes.

My platform 6" patents.
My silver glittery flats
My 3,5/4" black heels with three straps.

Also, my new patent black bag with crystal skull clasp.
girasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 05:16 AM   #46
Atra_Angelus

Hmm...I think for me it really depends on where I'm going. Usually it's my black jeans that are all ripped so you can see the tartan underneath and one of my black tank tops. Oh, an my Vladivar Vodka hoodie!

If it's not that then it's my black lollita dress with my black lace full-length jacket. Black and white striped over-knee socks with black heels.

Black jewellery and make-up as well.

I think I need to buy some new stuff though...
Atra_Angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 07:14 AM   #47
Disaffected Shoelaces

Black dresses, long socks, boots, a bit of liquid eyeliner, perfume. I never used to bother with perfume but somebody gave me some for my birthday and it smells so good, people literally come over and sniff me.
Disaffected Shoelaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 07:53 AM   #48
JCC

The top half of my outfit will be some vaguely formal, I'm probably rockin' it with some jeans and trainers.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:00 AM   #49
Vivi

My combat boots, eyeliner and fishnet sleeves. I feel naked without them on.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:32 PM   #50
girasol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~Auriel~~
That's very true. It's not an easy fashion either. You can't just go out and buy one and wear it comfortably. Plus you have to have a "lacer" or someone to help you into it.

That isn't entirely true. You just need to get the hang of it. I have steel boned corsets and I am able to lace myself up without any help. I don't do a shitty job either. I know my own comfort zone - if you leave the front laced up until the first 3 or 4 holes, you should be able to gradually lace the back up yourself if you don't let go of the loops in the middle whilst you are doing it. You can then proceed to untie the front whilst pulling firmly on the ends so that it doesn't come loose - and lace up the remaining holes.
It isn't like putting your shoes on, but it isn't that hard really.
girasol is offline   Reply With Quote