Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 03-05-2010, 01:21 AM   #1
The Divine Ms. M

California's gone nuts...

Between poor Chelsea King, the school protests & karma hitting legislators ( not to mention the whole Jaycee Duggard case), it seems to me Cali's gone a bit coo coo... here's some links to hopefully shed some light on what I mean....
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...-confirmation/

http://www.kfiam640.com/pages/jk2010.html

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh you ca'n't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here."-from Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

"A real friend will stab you in the front."-licence plate frame a friend & I saw
Please read My Blog!
The Divine Ms. M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 05:06 PM   #2
Heretic

Never confuse efficient reporting with some sort of societal shift. These kinds of stories are nothing new; they happen everywhere all the time. Always have, probably always will. The difference now is that in this day and age reporters, their sources, and their audience for this kind of news all have affordable technologies that allow details about these event to be transfered quickly enough to turn them into breaking news.

Have you ever noticed how rare is is to see follow-up or multi-part stories? It's too expensive to dedicate a reporter's time to following a story to its conclusion, providing the audience with context and social impact. A constant stream of breaking news, fed by cutting-edge communications technology is much more cost effective, not to mention free of moral obligation.

So don't let it get you down; the world has always been a much more violent and unforgiving place than old-style news ever let on. In this shiny new future, we have the ability to give the public ass-loads of bloody, horrible details about the things people do to their fellow man at the speed of a microprocessor (or a 3G network). Reality in Real Time! Who needs a media filter when you can smoke that sh!t straight up with an iHookah?

- Heretic
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:32 PM   #3
Eros

California has crammed the population of Canada in to something 36 times smaller. Crazy shit is bound to happen. New York and Texas are just as batshit insane as California is; the difference is, they've been batshit insane for a hell of a lot longer.
Eros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:41 PM   #4
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eros View Post
California has crammed the population of Canada in to something 36 times smaller. Crazy shit is bound to happen. New York and Texas are just as batshit insane as California is; the difference is, they've been batshit insane for a hell of a lot longer.
Before I say this I must clarify: I hate California. I've never liked this state, and I never will. It is only out of current convenience that I stay.

Now, to the topic.
Please, NEVER lump us with Texas, it's insulting.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:59 PM   #5
Eros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack View Post
Before I say this I must clarify: I hate California. I've never liked this state, and I never will. It is only out of current convenience that I stay.

Now, to the topic.
Please, NEVER lump us with Texas, it's insulting.
When Americans stop lumping Canadians with Igloo dwellers, I will stop lumping Californians with Texans. Until then, YEEHAW, motherfucker.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:29 AM   #6
Random Havoc

A.) He's from NY, check the little thing on the left that clearly states where he is.

B.) Move out of the igloo and you'll stop getting grouped with the Eskimos.
Random Havoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:41 AM   #7
Eros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Havoc View Post
A.) He's from NY, check the little thing on the left that clearly states where he is.
I just reread what he wrote and got what you meant. Point taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Havoc View Post
B.) Move out of the igloo and you'll stop getting grouped with the Eskimos.
Does your house remodel itself every year? Well then.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:20 AM   #8
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Divine Ms. M View Post
Between poor Chelsea King, the school protests & karma hitting legislators ( not to mention the whole Jaycee Duggard case), it seems to me Cali's gone a bit coo coo... here's some links to hopefully shed some light on what I mean....
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...-confirmation/

http://www.kfiam640.com/pages/jk2010.html
Since when does run-of-the-mill constitute "gone nuts?"

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote