Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:14 AM   #1
Anarasha

I suppose that I can make one too

Stormtrooper and Malice has re-introduced themselves, and I have been wanting to do so for a while as well, so now I finally got around to doing it.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)

I am taking some sort of IT education, I am probably gonna drop out though because I was told they had a line for graphic designers. This turned out to be wrong though, they have a line for web designers, not graphic designers. Waste of my life really.
I play World of Warcraft, I am learning to play guitar, gonna pick up bass and drums too. Keyboard as well perhaps.
I love to work with pictures, I can spend hours on details without noticing it passing.
Other than that, I chat on Messenger, browse GNet, browse Facebook and stuff like that. Nothing too exciting.

2. Where are you from?

Thou Viking Capital of Denmark. I don't like it one bit either. I am getting the fuck out of here ASAP.

3. Who is your favorite author?

That would be Anne Rice. I love The Vampire Chronicles. Other than that, I too have read Harry Potter. Also, I absolutely love Susan Kay's The Phantom of the Opera(A book she wrote about how she imagined Erik's life before the Operahouse)

4. What are your favorite films?

The Phantom of the Opera, Sweeney Todd, Moulin Rouge and The Nightmare Before Christmas would top that list. I am a great musical fan. Unfortunately, not a lot run in Denmark, even fewer not in Danish. That would be torture.. >_<

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?

AM I GETTING MARRIED?! O____O

6. At your funeral?

Arch Enemy's Revolution Begins. It describes my very dream and being, so I suppose it would be fitting. I am kind of a late-borne rebel, or at least that's how I view myself.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

I would like to die for something I believe in. Preferably standing up for a cause. I would hate to grow old and lose my sanity slowly.

8. What kind of casket would you want?

Ooh, black metal painted with some beautiful red decorations, red silk interior and a single silk pillow.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

Regular black pants, blank black T-shirts(when I run out of clean ones, I have to use my worn and hideous tribal T-shirts), Trenchcoat and regular leathershoes.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

Never having a care in life. Playing and laughing. I hardly laugh anymore.

11. What's your favorite band?

Depending on my mood, I am tied between Iron Maiden and Arch Enemy. Both are so different, yet so fucking fantastic. Often, I listen to Disturbed as well.
Occasionally, I listen to Slipknot, Evanescense, Nightwish, Red Warszawa, Within Temptation and a lot of others when the mood hits me.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

Graphic designer. Either that or a sound technician or musician.

13. Why did you join?

I need someone to actually interact with on a different level than my real life friends provide. I find that here.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?

Oh, I suppose one would call me male.

Now, for some more information about me.
My name is Dennis, I am 19 years old.
I am a pacifist and a sucker for justice. I believe in mutual respect, but poke me and I will poke back.
I find violende repulsive, and I would rather take a beating than hurt someone else. If they touch the people I am with though, I won't mind beating them to a bleeding pulp.
I am paranoid and never go out at night.
If you want to know more, feel free to ask me.
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:10 AM   #2
Stormtrooper of Death

Hello and re-welcome to you sire!
Old 12-11-2009, 10:53 PM   #3
Anarasha

Why, thank you good Stormtrooper ^_~

Edit: Did I just use that smiley? I think I did. Oh, please do shoot me.

Last edited by Anarasha; 12-11-2009 at 10:54 PM. Reason: wtf?
Old 12-11-2009, 11:00 PM   #4
the-nihilist

You seem familiar.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:00 PM   #5
Anarasha

Yes, haven't I failed here before?
Old 12-11-2009, 11:09 PM   #6
the-nihilist

Define "failed"
Old 12-12-2009, 07:41 AM   #7
Anarasha

Oh, I believe I once made a few threads over in Music who boiled a couple of people's urine, and a similar one in Whining ;)
But other than that, I like to believe I have kept rather neutral on the failfront :P
Old 12-12-2009, 08:13 AM   #8
Maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarasha View Post
Oh, I believe I once made a few threads over in Music who boiled a couple of people's urine, and a similar one in Whining
But other than that, I like to believe I have kept rather neutral on the failfront :P
Experience is just another word for Failure

It's all good, you can't please everyone... and there are plenty of people out there that are just out to piss other people off, haha.
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 04:50 PM   #9
DRM

Quote:
I am a pacifist and a sucker for justice. I believe in mutual respect, but poke me and I will poke back.
I find violende repulsive, and I would rather take a beating than hurt someone else. If they touch the people I am with though, I won't mind beating them to a bleeding pulp.
How can you be a pacifist yet be open to beating someone to a "bloody pulp"?
Old 12-12-2009, 05:28 PM   #10
Anarasha

I know it sounds weird. I too got really surprised when I discovered that side of myself. I like calling myself a pacifist, but if they hurt the people I care about, I seem to forget who I am and act on instinct. I dunno if I could ACTUALLY call myself a pacifist then, but it is how I view myself most of the time.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:29 PM   #11
JCC

Jesus christ. You might as well say that you're straight edge until someone offers you a drink.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 06:14 PM   #12
Anarasha

I suppose you are right, that thought never struck me before.
Let me rephrase then:
I am not a pacifist as I will gladly strike and beat someone to a bloody pulp if they attempt to hurt the people I am with or the people I care about, but other than that, I refrain from using violence, even if it means taking a beating.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:28 PM   #13
the jackal

couldnt do that myself ,l have an inner defence system that kicks in when violence is thrown apon me ,but l grew up in a very violent way of life ,so l try to avoid being violent as much as l can ,l think being happy is the challenge ,and its a lot harder than getting angry.but l do agree that if the love ones in my life were in danger ,violence is a must ...
the jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:58 PM   #14
the jackal

Quote:
I know it sounds weird. I too got really surprised when I discovered that side of myself. I like calling myself a pacifist, but if they hurt the people I care about, I seem to forget who I am and act on instinct. I dunno if I could ACTUALLY call myself a pacifist then, but it is how I view myself most of the time.
l am a satanist ,so my theory is simple ,be good to the people who count in my life ,and treat everyone else as who they present themselves to be .if they are friendly and intelligent ,then l am interested in a conversation ,but if they are simply stupid ,then l have no time for them...who you are depends on what you absorb around you ..or what you allow to affect you ...l saw on a previous statement that experience is considered failure..its only failure if you make the same mistake twice ...
Old 12-13-2009, 03:37 AM   #15
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by the jackal View Post
l am a satanist ,so my theory is simple
Read a shitty book that reads like a parody of hedonism so that you can feel like you are part of the counterculture?
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 04:20 AM   #16
Still Jack

I forgot how much I dislike pacifists. Seriously whoever came up with "If they're hitting us , let them, an don't hit back" deserves a brick to the head. It's a monumentally flawed theory.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:02 AM   #17
Anarasha

I see where you're coming from Jack, but I despise violence. I don't believe that the solution to violence is more violence.
Now my part-pacifist viewpoints are ONLY what I think I would do. I haven't actually been attacked for real lately, so perhaps I would act very much unlike what I think I would. But my guess is that I wouldn't fight it with force.
Last time my brother and I got attacked, my brother kept the guy busy on his own, so I stood by and noted the liscense plate. The guy was sentenced to 40 days of prison because they found him through the liscense plate. That happening proved to me that problems have solutions other than violence.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:17 PM   #18
Still Jack

That only works if you actually have a justice system that works. Here, the filth couldn't give a flying toss if you've been beaten up or not, they'll probably just tell you to file a complaint. It's a lot simpler , a lot more satisfying and carries immediate results if you royally fuck their shit up.

Them being people that pick fights with me.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:38 PM   #19
the jackal

still jack ,nicely worded ,its seems that different people have different ways of dealing with danger ,some retalliate and some cower..its not up to me to judge which is the better,but saying you are a peaceful person ,then you must live in a peaceful part of the world .most countries have lots of social problems ,and they are getting worse ..most people claim to follow a certain religion or lifestyle ..but in general most live a satanic life ,but label themselves as somthing else ...if you read the so called headonistic bible ,and cut through the historic parts ..its pretty straight forward ..but much like the bible it is how you interpret it in your own head ..
Old 12-14-2009, 01:12 AM   #20
Anarasha

Jack - I see where you're coming from, I really do. And I believe that if I was borne or lived where you are, then I would probably think differently. Where I live, the justice system does work though, if even a tad slow.
I do not believe I could even hit someone hard enough for it to hurt. I didn't train my muscles, so they are more like rubber than anything else to be honest.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:30 AM   #21
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
I forgot how much I dislike pacifists. Seriously whoever came up with "If they're hitting us , let them, an don't hit back" deserves a brick to the head. It's a monumentally flawed theory.
Some pacifists will defend ourselves, thank you. Just not unless it's an absolute necessity.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:17 AM   #22
Still Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack View Post
Some pacifists will defend ourselves, thank you. Just not unless it's an absolute necessity.
By pacifists, I meant the stubbornly pacifist, that seem to want to block their basic human survival instinct.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:30 AM   #23
Anarasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack View Post
See, that's kinda how I thought it to be too. People have been telling me over and over that it is not pacifism though. I dunno really. I don't care either. I just know that I despise violence and will not use it if not forced to do so.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:45 AM   #24
Beowulf

You have good tastes in music, I was wondering if you liked Mercyful Fate ?

Mercyful Fate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqcOV...eature=related
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:42 PM   #25
Anarasha

Well, they are decent. They beat wannabes like Cradle of Filth and fucks like that. But they aren't exactly my kind of band.