Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 06-29-2010, 11:54 PM   #3901
ape descendant

As far as going out to movies is concerned.. there is nothing more that I hate than spending a fortune on tickets, snacks and what have you, just to sit through a disappointing movie that you had already waited months to go see....

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 12:31 AM   #3902
Lolly PopMuzik

Pet deaths are always a bummer, especially if you've had them for years.

Another note, I'm breaking out hideously and I hope it's not me going back on the Nuva Ring after a long while causing it. I've had to grab cleanser that has 10% benzoyl peroxide in it and try salicylic acid stuff by day. And I've never had this problem with the pill so if I can't use the pill with the ring I might have to see a dermatologist to fix some scarring. GRAR

Seriously, I'm nearly out of concealer and fighting the urge to take a hot wet Q-tip to pop every eruption I can see. Maybe I'll try the DIY acne scar mask from YT again.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:39 AM   #3903
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal Logic View Post
It's been a rough night. For one, I went to a screening earlier and had to deal with hundreds of camped-out Cullens waiting for the new Twilight movie. Thank goodness that wasn't the movie I was there to see. But I did have to wear dark 3-D glasses for two hours during a movie that both had major plot holes and an abrupt ending that resolved absolutely nothing (I almost walked out but wanted to see the end), by the end I had a blinding headache and wanted to just open the car door and jump out on the way home. There wasn't even that much 3-D in the movie. Ugh.
What movie did you see?
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:47 AM   #3904
Still Jack

I want to kick Ann Coulter in the face.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:38 AM   #3905
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
I want to shove an entire block of welfare cheese into John Boehner's face.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:54 AM   #3906
vindicatedxjin

I am the hungries.

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:39 AM   #3907
Methadrine

Bloody friggin' mother of all hells.. I went to work just to let some electrician in to read the meter in our studio and happened to hit the day my boss was there. I ended up losing a couple of vacationdays to do some crappy work no one cares about! I wonder when the hell he's going to realize that vacation is bloody vacation and not some "pop into work because you're not travelling anywhere this year" fun-o-rama. He know damn well that any extra day I get as compensation are days I'll never have time to get later in the year. I award him Bastard Of The Year easily...

Not like I had plans or anything this summer.. Oh no, heaven forbid.

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 06:01 AM   #3908
Angelic Dissonance

If I was all obsessed with Politics, like I thought that change was somehow possible just because I cared, I would secretly realise that it's not, and instead feel more intelligent than everybody else because I like to keep up with current events and listen to NPR.

I would then proceed to keep up a well-respected facade, while using an alter-ego to masquerade as an unstoppable basher of anyone who displays the slightest weakness, in order to deal with the day's frustrations. In reality, though, it would be my way around the fact that you can't acheive anything with people if you, yourself, have the slightest flaw--such as... maybe... bloodthirst?--by creating someone who would be the "Dark" me, the bad side that I couldn't display. It would ruin my reputation, which is all I would really have in the first place.

This "Dark" me would be the true portrait of who I was--a bitter, cynical asshole who condescends to anyone who doesn't know the principles of Communism, what's going on in the Middle-East, and certain things learned in Sociology.

I could then get the laughs, at other peoples' expense, that I never could as the 'embodiment of fairness and tolerance', the corner that I painted myself into over long years of pain-staking cultivation of reputation amongst people whom my young, naive mind once thought of in an idealistic manner, as "Better, but Equal".

Of course, I would cling to such a belief, almost sarcastically; that those whom I chose to be My People are somehow more caring, subsequently more intelligent, and the harbingor of change in the universe. 'It will be all better now!' I would have thought, subconsciously, secretly excited. 'This will make up for the way in which I never fit in--due to my own quietness!!' 'A community of like-minded people... I've finally found acceptance!'

And so people would accept me--even the poor, young bastards I bashed, who never had a chance. Albeit, with animosity. But, my image would be unstained--and I could still declare that "We, as a people, are MORE caring, MORE tolerant, MORE intelligent as a whole, and MORE mature than the outside world!!!"

All while destroying the innocent gullability of some half-grown teenagers, smiling bitterly while they weep in their hearts. Because that's pussy shit.

...But that's if I had been obsessed with politics. Luckily for me, Politics fucking suck--there's nothing good in them, any way you could possibly look at it, without being blinded by Idealistic visions. I'd rather take no stance at all, than declare myself against anything within it. I am my own man, and I due good for my fellow man--and THAT'S good enough. Fuck the System.

This was long enough. I've *EDIT-- Not*disabled my signature. I'm also posting in red letters. Red is pretty.

Last edited by Angelic Dissonance; 07-01-2010 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Whoops--no, I didn't. I had to refresh the page, so you're stuck looking at the quotes below.----I mean, Above.
Angelic Dissonance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 06:17 AM   #3909
Solumina

So my coworker is an idiot and never noticed that we had a new schedule to pick up (it has been right there on the desk for about a week and everyone else got their copy) so today she didn't show up for her shift. Our boss called her and found out that she doesn't even have a way of getting to work this morning so I got a call asking if I can work her shift, which I am doing right now, even though I didn't get home until about 3:00am because I was out with friends and knew that would still give me plenty of time for sleep before my shift. I was very much not happy when I got the call asking me to come in and even though I have been here for an hour I am very much still quite tired and not quite half awake.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 06:29 AM   #3910
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain View Post
I want to shove an entire block of welfare cheese into John Boehner's face.
This ^^^^^^^^ - definitely. In fact, right now my SO is stressing out over the fact that the Republicans keep blocking the extension of unemployment benefits.

It's an incredibly tough job market, where I got turned down for a position managing a sunglasses kiosk in a mall (an easy management position) because I don't have a 4-year degree, even though I have over 12 years of retail management experience and such positions wouldn't have required such a degree in the past. I'm on my first Federal extension of jobless benefits, after exhausting the initial run of state benefits ... and good thing too ... because there are just too many people applying for too few jobs.

When I got hired by Verizon Wireless in 2006, it was after applying for every position I thought I could do with the company for six months ... and when I was hired I was one of ten people hired out of 1000 resumes. That was in a healthy economy. Imagine what it's like NOW.

So my SO is on her initial run of state benefits and it's going to run out next month. And thanks to the Republican's tactics, there is no Federal extension available to her ... so she's got July rent paid but won't be able to cover August rent. She's worried about losing her car, and I don't have the means to help her. And my benefits will run out soon. We're both looking for work like mad people, applying for things we think we might be able to do even if they are not close to our abilities and experience.

And this is how the Republicans are playing capriciously with our lives. I get that they're making a point about irresponsible spending, but this isn't the fix. There are plenty of other battlegrounds to fight over exorbitant spending being done without funding.

You don't see any of them offering to give the money back from any of those pork barrel projects that benefit their home states!

And what do they think is going to happen to these people, these millions of people, when their unemployment benefits run out? They're going to become a burden to the states, increasing the influx of people to homeless shelters for living space, food pantries for meals, emergency rooms for unfunded medical treatment and more. And all those mortgage, car and bill payments will stop getting paid. How can any of this be good?

Stupid Republicans ought to have to work at a soup kitchen for a while ... get an earful from real people who don't have an income. Maybe these tin men would get a heart.

[/rant]

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 06:50 AM   #3911
Tam Li Hua

Welp, it turns out I -do- have an infection. I had a fever two days ago, took some generic Tylenol to ease off of it, then went to see the plastic surgeon doc the next day.

He gave me an Rx for some antibiotics, and drained some fluid out of the left bosom. I think I may need to be drained again today, because the left one is swollen and sore, and I have to be careful how I use my left arm.

I hope this will all be worth it in the end. x_x;;; [It better be, since I have no other choice now; not like I can get my old bosom back.]
Old 07-01-2010, 10:21 AM   #3912
vindicatedxjin

Fuck! after this absolutely, horrible week that I've been through... I think I just got a fucking stomach virus from my boyfriends niece. FUCKKKKKKKKK

Bring Kontan Back
Old 07-01-2010, 05:11 PM   #3913
vindicatedxjin

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this is true.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 07-01-2010, 05:59 PM   #3914
Daywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicatedxjin View Post
Fuck! after this absolutely, horrible week that I've been through... I think I just got a fucking stomach virus from my boyfriends niece. FUCKKKKKKKKK
Wow that sucks lol or does the blow.
Daywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:09 AM   #3915
vindicatedxjin

You need to learn some grammar.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 07-02-2010, 07:09 AM   #3916
Daywalker

It was a joke.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:17 AM   #3917
vindicatedxjin

Have you ever had any schooling? Are you mentally sane?

Leave me alone please.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 07-02-2010, 07:32 AM   #3918
Daywalker

Wow people are so incentive, when did common respect die in this country.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:00 AM   #3919
JCC.

Thumbs down

Quote:
Says the retard who typed "Fuck! after this absolutely, horrible week that I've been through... I think I just got a fucking stomach virus from my boyfriends niece. FUCKKKKKKKKK".
JCC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:18 AM   #3920
Ben Lahnger

The following is a damned awkward sentence, isn't it?

Quote:
It's not fair to use bad grammar in your own previous post and then criticize the grammar someone else uses!

Quote:
Among the other problems with this, "boyfriends" means you have multiple boyfriends who all share one niece - that would mean you're dating brothers or cousins. It should have been "boyfriend's" if you were worried about correct grammar. Also, there should be NO comma after the word "absolutely" if you want to be grammatically proper. And the word "after" should be capitalized. Do you see my point?

And you manage to mangle the English language on a regular basis around here (which I usually don't pick on because it would take too much time and energy) so I would be reluctant to point fingers if I were you.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:51 AM   #3921
vindicatedxjin

I was trying to be a bitch towards him because he was getting on my nerves. I DO realize my own grammar suffers horribly. Thank you for the super boring correction Ben.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 07-02-2010, 10:05 AM   #3922
JCC.

Thumbs down

If you want to bitch someone out, don't do it in a way that makes you look like an even bigger fucking idiot.

The reason I get away with the shit I do is because I don't give a fuck, and I make no sense. I get away with spelling mistakes because most of the time they're on purpose, secondly I am drunk a lot, and thirdly because I don't call fuckers out on when THEY fuck up, therefore making me a stupid bastard. Also, I am wicked cool and everyone wants to be me.

If I were to say to people "Hey, don't be a dick!" That invalidatess my entire existence, because bein a dick is my schtick. If you were to say to someone "hey, dont b a rasist! and you spelt "cheez" wrong", it stops you from being you, namely a racist, illiterate fucking spastic.
JCC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:26 AM   #3923
vindicatedxjin

Smile

I like you...ya piece of shit.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 07-02-2010, 10:31 AM   #3924
ape descendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalker View Post
Wow people are so incentive, when did common respect die in this country.
Hon, your grammar is pretty bad... if you want, I'd be more than happy to help you with it.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:15 PM   #3925
Daywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
Hon, your grammar is pretty bad... if you want, I'd be more than happy to help you with it.
I would appreciate your help, thank you .