Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:35 PM   #1
zeronegativeplus

facial

I want to get a facial treatment, waddaya think, should I go for it?
zeronegativeplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 09:01 PM   #2
ionic_angel

Unless there's a possible negative outcome, why not?
ionic_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 09:26 PM   #3
electrosexual

Ive always found facials overpriced. I've went for several before, and each time I came out of it thinking "I could have just done that at home myself". Having said that your face does look great afterwards and it's always nice to be pampered ^^
electrosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 10:35 PM   #4
zeronegativeplus

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrosexual
Ive always found facials overpriced. I've went for several before, and each time I came out of it thinking "I could have just done that at home myself". Having said that your face does look great afterwards and it's always nice to be pampered ^^
I understand there are different types of facials too.
zeronegativeplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 02:47 AM   #5
TopHaggardDoll

Do what you want. I'm a cheap bitch so i'd never pay for it, I do all my skin cleaning at home with random stuff I made lol.

If you do find that it's too expensive there are some great products out there and loads of recipes online for things.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:28 AM   #6
CandyKorns

A facial at the spa? If that's what you're talking about than it's not as wonderful as your probably thinking. You don't come out looking like you have no pores or something lol. Basically they just wash your face with a gentle cleanser, exfoliate with a face scrub, use a face mask depending on your skin type than apply moisturizer. You can do ALL this at home for much less money. Although, it is VERY relaxing.
CandyKorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 02:59 PM   #7
electrosexual

Id reccomend you go to a prestige skincare counter, like Shiseido, Clinique, Esteč Lauder etc, and just get a few products based on your skin type (Get a consultation from an assistant). It might cost more than a facial for the products, but you'll be able to give yourself about 67898765 facials.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:13 PM   #8
electrosexual

A friend of mine reccomended this to me a while ago. She said it's brilliant for that radiant facial glow. I've never bought it though. I'm not that rich -_-.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:35 PM   #9
Solumina

I love getting facials, I feel so glowy afterwards, but they are kind of pricey and they don't do all that much for your skin unless you are able to get them regularly (the woman who owns the spa that I go to is a really good friend of the family and she gives me gift certificates for my birthday and Christmas and I do miss going there but it is a bit far away)
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 06:36 PM   #10
Tea and Cake or Death

I buy a lot of Burt's Bees stuff, and it's always treated my skin quite well.
Tea and Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 06:22 AM   #11
ApothoKeri

I have a facial once a month. She does a light chemical peel, then microderm, then a thing where she puts in different vitamin creams (A, E, C) with some sort of light to make them penetrate deeply. Yea you can tell a difference. I had to do a set of 6 (1 a week for 6 weeks) to start then they say about 2 a year will do but I liked them so much I do once a month. It makes your skin a LOT smoother, your make-up goes on flawless and you can not see your pores. I didn't have any acne scars but I did have one chicken pox scar above my eyebrow and that is gone now (it was there from age 8 to 34) then it also gets rid of fine lines, which you may not have yet at all, I don't know how old you are. It will also get rid of sun damage to an extent but I didn't have any of that, I have avoided the sun since about age 12. But yea try one. The only problem I have with them is that about 2 days later I will slightly peel and have to put on a lot of lotion. But it does not last long, maybe 24 hours and most of it you can conceal with powder.
ApothoKeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 01:01 PM   #12
Opteron_Man

I hate hair on my face! I shave once a day, sometimes twice. If I could I would wax my face so I stay "Clean" longer.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 03:09 PM   #13
psyches_reflection

A facial is nice for an occasional treat, but nothing is better for your skin than knowing what products are best for it and taking the time to use them properly. They needn't be expensive either - there's been a lot of hype in the British press in recent months over two budget face-creams being more beneficial than the more prestigious brands.

Opteron Man, it is possible to wax your face, you just need the right kind of wax strips. I warn you though, it bloody well hurts!
Old 03-24-2008, 03:19 PM   #14
Dark Clarissa

Ah the facial...mmmm....whenever I can afford to I always treat myself. But try and get a recommendation from someone, because if you just go somewhere on the offchance you might be disappointed. I've had about twenty facials over the years and only a couple were a disappointment, but I still reckon a recommendation is a good idea. If you don't know anyone that can recommend one, phone a couple of salons up or pop into them and ask them the type of facials that they do. You should get a good feel for the type of service they offer and whether or not you feel comfortable with the staff. You usually have to take off your top and take your bra straps down so that your shoulders are completely exposed under a towel. Most facials I've had have ended with a neck and shoulder massage which is heaven!

Personally, I'd say have one and then you can decide if you like it. The only bit that is usually a little uncomfortable is if they need to remove any blackheads. The rest is just wonderfully relaxing.
Dark Clarissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 03:40 PM   #15
electrosexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyches_reflection
A facial is nice for an occasional treat, but nothing is better for your skin than knowing what products are best for it and taking the time to use them properly. They needn't be expensive either - there's been a lot of hype in the British press in recent months over two budget face-creams being more beneficial than the more prestigious brands.

Opteron Man, it is possible to wax your face, you just need the right kind of wax strips. I warn you though, it bloody well hurts!
Oh the infamous Aldi face creams! Are they any good do you know? I've never tried them.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:55 PM   #16
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Hmm my face?

I use an electric shaver and sorbelene to keep it in order, now okay, I admit I ahve a few pimples here or there but I am a teenager.

But my face is generally clean and smooth as silk.

So much hype put on perfect faces these days =_=

and I haven't seen electro around in ages O_O!
Sir Canvas Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 03:56 PM   #17
psyches_reflection

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrosexual
Oh the infamous Aldi face creams! Are they any good do you know? I've never tried them.
The very same! Can't say I've tried them, I'm a Nivea girl through and through.

Morrison's own-brand facial wipes are meant to be very good too. I will state now that I am NOT paid to say that
Old 03-24-2008, 04:28 PM   #18
AngelikDemonik

I'm poor, I can't afford spa treatments, but this is an easy, at home, cheap way to do something nice for your face:

-Wash your face well with a good facial cleanser (I swear by Cetaphil). Rinse.
-Next, take some white table sugar, mix it with some of your facial cleanser, and exfoliate. It's gentle and easy to use. Rub it around in gentle circles all over your face. Rinse.
-After that, wipe your face down with some astringent. I recommend Clean and Clear for sensitive skin.
-Final, pat your face down with a GOOD face lotion--Neutrogeana is the only face lotion I have ever used that has not caused me to break out. It is quite great. I've used the kind for mixed skin and the kind for sensitive skin.

Only exfoliate once to twice a week, though.

http://www.myspace.com/dancemydarling

AIM: ThisIsntSybil
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:34 PM   #19
emeraldlonewoulf

sugar scrubs are good. I've made oatmeal masques before, and found them to be effective. I've heard about recipes for avacado masques, but have never tried them.

One very cheap, very effective masque out there is Queen Helene's clay masque, one tube makes two to three full face masques, and is about two dollars.

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote