Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 04-10-2006, 10:22 PM   #76
WolfMoon

I fully intend to teach my children that sex is not only natural, but healthy and so is masturbation. When they are old enough. They will be fully educated(by me) about safe sex, birth control and respect for their own and other's bodies.

I was taught that stupid crap about how 'wrong' masturbation was and how it was a 'sin' to have sex before you're married. Fuck that shit! The human body is a wondrous thing to be enjoyed and explored. I refuse to let my children become statistics because of some idiotic abstinancy program the schools decide to instate.

I wonder if there's a loophole there about religion being in school with the abstinance programs. I mean, isn't that just another way certain people are pushing their religion into the schools? What if abstinance is against my religion and I don't want it taught to my kids?
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 10:25 PM   #77
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
Tenet, I really enjoyed that piece. Newfoundland is considered right-winged and still we get a really good sex education in our schools. They never told us sex was wrong, they just said if we're going to do it, we should know about birth control and STDs (Or STIs as they're telling my brother now), and I can testify that it really didn't cause a increase in sexual activity amongst teens.

In fact, I was horrified when I first heard the things they teach in some American schools. Like how mutual masturbating causes pregancy.
Yeah, cuz if your boyfriend is rubbing off on you and you happen to get a lil pre-cum in there BANGO! you're pregnant. I remember that. It is a possibility, but not a likely one.
Old 04-10-2006, 10:38 PM   #78
tenet_2012

This has gotten me to reduce my masterbation from five times a day to three.

Creepy ceiling cat!

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 01:53 AM   #79
tenet_2012

Study: Fellatio may significantly decrease the risk of breast cancer in women

AP) -- Women who perform the act of fellatio and swallow semen on a regular basis, one to two times a week, may reduce their risk of breast cancer by up to 40 percent, a North Carolina State University study found.

Doctors had never suspected a link between the act of fellatio and breast cancer, but new research being performed at North Carolina State University is starting to suggest that there could be an important link between the two.

In a study of over 15,000 women suspected of having performed regular fellatio and swallowed the ejaculatory fluid, over the past ten years, the researchers found that those actually having performed the act regularly, one to two times a week, had a lower occurance of breast cancer than those who had not. There was no increased risk, however, for those who did not regularly perform.

"I think it removes the last shade of doubt that fellatio is actually a healthy act," said Dr. A.J. Kramer of Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, who was not involved in the research. "I am surprised by these findings, but am also excited that the researchers may have discovered a relatively easy way to lower the occurance of breast cancer in women."

The University researchers stressed that, though breast cancer is relatively uncommon, any steps taken to reduce the risk would be a wise decision.

"Only with regular occurance will your chances be reduced, so I encourage all women out there to make fellatio an important part of their daily routine," said Dr. Helena Shifteer, one of the researchers at the University. "Since the emergence of the research, I try to fellate at least once every other night to reduce my chances."

The study is reported in Friday's Journal of Medical Research.

In 1991, 43,582 women died of breast cancer, as reported by the National Cancer Institute.

Dr. Len Lictepeen, deputy chief medical officer for the American Cancer Society, said women should not overlook or "play down" these findings.

"This will hopefully change women's practice and patterns, resulting in a severe drop in the future number of cases," Lictepeen said.

Sooner said the research shows no increase in the risk of breast cancer in those who are, for whatever reason, not able to fellate regularly.

"There's definitely fertile ground for more research. Many have stepped forward to volunteer for related research now in the planning stages," he said.

Almost every woman is, at some point, going to perform the act of fellatio, but it is the frequency at which this event occurs that makes the difference, say researchers. Also key seems to be the protein and enzyme count in the semen, but researchers are again waiting for more test data.

The reasearch consisted of two groups, 6,246 women ages 25 to 45 who had performed fellatio and swallowed on a regular basis over the past five to ten years, and 9,728 women who had not or did not swallow. The group of women who had performed and swallowed had a breast cancer rate of 1.9 percent and the group who had not had a breast cancer rate of 10.4 percent.

"The findings do suggest that there are other causes for breast cancer besides the absence of regular fellatio," Shafteer said. "It's a cause, not THE cause."

Source

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 02:16 AM   #80
DarkIce

Man, Tenet - why did it take ya 3 years to finally inform us (article dates back to 2003) ;-)
Old 04-11-2006, 06:41 AM   #81
Sobeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkIce
Man, Tenet - why did it take ya 3 years to finally inform us (article dates back to 2003) ;-)
So that maybe the urban myth websites had taken their references to it down. =)
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 07:12 AM   #82
WolfMoon

HAHAHAHA!!

And sperm on the scalp also makes your hair grow thicker!

Old 04-12-2006, 12:36 AM   #83
DarkIce

It´s actually a kind of substitute for hair gel - according to a f**king Hollywood film scene (40 Days And 40 Nights, USA 2002).
Old 04-12-2006, 12:37 AM   #84
DarkIce

No. Maybe I remember the wrong film title... Anyway, Hollywood, ya know.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:56 AM   #85
Sobeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkIce
No. Maybe I remember the wrong film title... Anyway, Hollywood, ya know.
Hollywood, indeed - there was a video we had to watch in social studies back when I was in junior high which was a dramatization of wagon trails and moving West and all that. At the part where they were talking about how many were lost for various reasons, the video shot this scene of horses getting spooked and the wagon being run off a cliff, falling and falling, and then hitting the bottom of this canyon.... and exploding.

What the fuck were they carrying in there?!?!

---

As for Spooky News....

Autopsy Confirms Cops Death a Direct Result of 9/11 Cleanup
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 04:34 PM   #86
gruel

Postcard Sent Back With 1956 Postmark

DELAND, Fla. - Talk about lost in the mail. A postcard sent from a Stetson home to a man in Riverside, Calif., was returned this week with a "return to sender" stamp — and its 1956 postmark.

Mack McCormick, 59, did not send the postcard, but he lives in the home where the postcard originated. It was delivered to his mailbox Monday.

"The card apparently has been in the twilight zone for 50 years," McCormick said. "It's not wrinkled or anything."

He used the Internet to track down the author of the note, George Hitz, 64, who now lives in Sudbury, Mass.

"I had to keep asking questions and pull it out of Mack," Hitz said. "It wasn't obvious to me that he lived in our house."

Hitz, a former ham radio operator included his age on the postcard and information about a radio contact he made in February 1956 with someone he called "Chief Operator Dave." No street address was included for Dave, which may explain why the postcard was not delivered, postal officials said.

It is unlikely the postcard spent the last 50 years in a DeLand post office, said Joseph Breckenridge, U.S. Postal Service spokesman for Central and North Florida. The local post office has not been in the same location that long, and maintenance workers would have found it if it was trapped in a sorting machine, Breckenridge said.

The card may have been sent to California and was rediscovered recently by someone who dropped it back in the mail, Breckenridge said.

Hitz said he is not interested in getting his old postcard back. McCormick plans to frame it.
http://news.**********/s/ap/20060413/.../lost_postcard
gruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 06:31 PM   #87
Corpus_Draconis

"Goths more likely to self-harm"

Great.... just great.... Fuck Marilyn Manson. People's ideas about him are really starting to piss me off...

YOUNG people who adopt the "Goth" lifestyle of dark clothes and introspective music are more likely to commit self-harm or attempt suicide than other youngsters, a Scottish study has found.

"Although only fairly small numbers of young people identify themselves as belonging to the Goth subculture, rates of self-harm and attempted suicide are very high among this group," said Robert Young, lead researcher of the Glasgow University study.

The Scottish team described Goths as being a subgenre of Punk "with a dark and sinister aesthetic, with aficionados conspicuous by their range of distinctive clothing and make-up and tastes in music".

Shock rockers such as Marilyn Manson are said to be popular amongst Goths and the subculture has often attracted suspicion and criticism from the media.

Two US students who massacred 13 people at Columbine High School in Colorado in 1999 were said to have been fascinated by the Goth image.

The Glasgow researchers studied 1258 young people who were quizzed at the ages of 11, 13, 15 and 19 about self harm and their links to various youth cultures.

In the UK, the rate of self-harm among young people is between 7-14 per cent.

Although other subcultures were associated with self-harm, such as Punk, the link was strongest with Goths.

The study, published in the British Medical Journal, found that 53 per cent of those who were linked to the Goth subculture reported self-harm and 47 per cent had attempted suicide.

Even adjusting for other factors, such as alcohol abuse and previous depression, Goth identification was the strongest predictor of self harm or suicide attempts, the report said.

"One common suggestion is they may be copying subcultural icons or peers," Mr Young said.

"But since our study found that more reported self-harm before, rather than after, becoming a Goth, this suggests that young people with a tendency to self-harm are attracted to the Goth subculture."

Michael van Beinum, a child-and-adolescent psychiatrist, said the Goth subculture might be attractive to young people with mental health problems, allowing them to find a community where their distress might be more easily understood.

------------

Yeah, that's what I was thinking when I first saw the article...

Click here for a slightly better article about the same study.
Without an honest heart
as compass

--Nightwish.
Corpus_Draconis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:11 AM   #88
Morrigan_Dubh

Taiwanese sex slaves dress up to realize dream of weddings they never had

This is very sad...

TAIPEI -- Taiwanese women allegedly forced into prostitution by Japan's military more than six decades ago put on wedding gowns Tuesday to celebrate the nuptials they never had.

The women are part of a shrinking group of "comfort women" -- forced into sexual slavery by Japan's military -- in several parts of Asia during World War II.

After Japan ended its 50-year occupation of Taiwan in 1945, many of the women were rejected as "damaged goods" by their relatives and never found a spouse, said the Women's Rescue Foundation, the rights group which organized Tuesday's event.

Six women -- ranging in age from 82 to 90 -- came together in Taipei to put on white wedding dresses, hold bouquets and have their pictures taken.

"People of our age didn't dare dream of having a wedding, but now the day has come, and I like it a lot," said Wu Hsiu-mei, the oldest member of the group.

Taiwan has 28 of the women left, with an average age of 84, according to the foundation. (AP)

See a photos of the "brides" here .
Old 04-20-2006, 06:52 AM   #89
Morrigan_Dubh

BBC NEWS
Mexican priest 'chopped up lover'
A Mexican priest has confessed to strangling a woman with whom he had an 18-month-old child, before chopping up and dumping her body, authorities say.

Cesar Torres, 42, admitted killing his lover, 22-year-old Veronica Andrade Salinas, on Easter Sunday, a state attorney general said.

A row between the two erupted shortly after Torres had said Mass.

Police arrested Torres after being tipped off by the victim's mother, and finding him covered in bruises.

The mother said the pair had been in a relationship for years, since they first met when Ms Salinas was 13. They had a daughter 18 months ago.

Ms Salinas apparently called on Torres after Mass at the Sacred Heart of Jesus church in Nezahualcoyotl, on the eastern outskirts of Mexico City, said the attorney general of Mexico state, Abel Villicana.

Kitchen knife

According to one unconfirmed account, Ms Salinas had told Torres she was pregnant and had demanded money.

During the fight Torres strangled and killed the woman, then dragged her body to a bathroom where he used a kitchen knife to cut off her head and cut her body to pieces, according to his confession.

He put the pieces in plastic bags and drove them to a municipal cemetery in Chimalhuacan, where he dumped them.

Police had already been investigating the deaths of five other women who had been slain and dumped in Chimalhuacan - some of them mutilated - suggesting the work of a serial killer.

There is no suggestion Torres is linked to the other murders.

Torres was arrested on Wednesday morning. He did not resist and willingly confessed to killing his lover, Mr Villicana said.

He was due to appear before a judge to be charged with murder.
Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/h...as/4926364.stm

Published: 2006/04/20 11:25:32 GMT

© BBC MMVI
Old 04-25-2006, 09:50 AM   #90
Morrigan_Dubh

Lightning kills 5 Mexican children in prayer

Youths between 9 and 16 die praying at metal cross in central Mexico

MEXICO CITY - Five Mexican children were killed when a large metal cross they were praying at was struck by lightning in central Mexico, local media reported Monday.

Five children between 9 and 16 years old died and several others suffered burns when lightning struck a white-painted metal cross set on a hill in the town of Santa Maria del Rio early on Sunday, according to two newspaper reports.

“The lightning went straight into them and killed them instantly,” local Red Cross chief Eduardo Suarez told the daily El Norte.

Officials in the state of San Luis Potosi were not immediately available to confirm the report, also in the newspaper El Universal.

A photo showed charring on the cross’s turquoise-painted cement base, although the cross was still standing.

Several families had been participating in a midnight ceremony as part of a local religious festival that centers around the cross.

Santa Maria del Rio calls itself the “cradle of the shawl” for the traditional silk shawls that artisans have woven there since pre-Hispanic times.

From http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12467604/?GT1=7938

Oh, the terrible irony
Old 04-25-2006, 11:32 AM   #91
Blushing Heliophobe

Unless I've gotten fuzzy (I may have) Our Lady of Guadalupe revealed herself to 6 Mexican children on a hill. Even more ironic...that's a crappy way to die. I wonder if someone is going to want to canonize them.
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 06:47 AM   #92
Morrigan_Dubh

Gardener found nazi skeleton in soil bag

Gardener found skeleton in soil bag

A Croatian man found the skeleton of a Nazi soldier while sifting through a bag of soil for his new garden.

Bruno Marincic had bought the soil from construction workers who had helped build a nearby highway.

Mr Marincic, from Rupe, was spreading it on his garden when he spotted the remains.

He said: "I was shocked and scared at first. When I took a closer look and saw some metal with the bones I realised they were identification plates showing the bones were those of a Wehrmacht soldier."

Local historians said the tags showed the soldier was a member of the Nazi army's 188th division which fought in the area under the command of General Ludwig Kibler.

Local authorities have contacted the German Embassy in Zagreb about the find.

Ananova.com
Old 05-11-2006, 09:53 AM   #93
Morrigan_Dubh

Ohio priest guilty in nun's murder

TOLEDO, Ohio (Reuters) - A 68-year-old Catholic priest was found guilty on Thursday of the murder of an elderly nun 26 years ago.

A jury found the Rev. Gerald Robinson guilty of murdering Sister Margaret Ann Pahl on the day before Easter in 1980. He was sentenced to 15 years to life in prison.

Pahl, 71, was strangled and stabbed 31 times. Her body was covered with an altar cloth and the wounds on her chest formed an inverted cross, raising the possibility of a ritual killing.

from www.reuters.com
Old 05-15-2006, 09:35 AM   #94
Ben Lahnger

Man's Fetish Turns Bizarre At UC Library

from the website of Fox 19 in Cincinatti, Ohio (click above link for full story)

May 11, 2006 09:06 AM CDT

A man's sexual fetish crosses the line into the bizarre and is now wanted by police.

Investigators say that Kenneth Johnson masturbated into a woman's shoe at the UC Library a couple of days ago.

The victim said that she took her shoes off to relax but when she put them back on she found the substance inside.

Captain Keren Patterson of the UC police said, "we did take evidence and sent it over to the coroner's office to be analyzed so we can determine a suspect that way as well."

Investigators say Johnson is wanted on outstanding warrants for theft and criminal trespassing.

Yes, he's a heel. And with the DNA evidence, I'd say they have him dead-to-rights-and-lefts.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 05:30 AM   #95
Ben Lahnger

ZERO TOLERANCE IN REAL LIFE, EMERGENCY SERVICES DIVISION

The following is from www.thisistrue.com for 21 May 2006.

Bedford Park, Ill., Fire Inspector Ronald Michalowicz was given only a 27 percent chance to live after being diagnosed with a rare form of tongue cancer.

After getting the mayor's approval, two colleagues did a fund-raiser to help pay their friend's mounting medical bills. They raised about $25,000 to help pay for chemotherapy and "brutal" radiation treatment.

Michalowicz lost 107 pounds, but the treatments pushed his cancer into remission. Once he finally returned to work, Michalowicz was notified by the fire chief he was being investigated for having "accepted gifts of cash and/or property from businesses or individuals associated with businesses that are subject to fire inspection," and was fired.

He was one year from retirement. Michalowicz has sued the city, demanding reinstatement. (Chicago Sun-Times)

... This will continue to get worse until enough citizens say "STOP!" - Randy Cassingham

Yeah, the fire chief should be investigated for accepting a position without having the intelligence or common sense to administer it. This one pisses me off!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 12:30 AM   #96
Vanessa

Exclamation Josephs Grandaughter.

Joseph Markham was actually my grandfather. I found this post when I was googling his name to find more info on his stolen identity after my father told me the story. Joseph Markham died of a heart attack when my dad was 16 and his wife is still alive and living in the same suburb in England.
Vanessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 06:07 PM   #97
Solumina

um...what does that have to do with anything?
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 06:30 AM   #98
Morrigan_Dubh

Criminology students find real body

Students on a summer criminology course in Florida were shocked to discover a real corpse at a fake crime scene.

The body of a man was found during a field trip by a group of high school students from Fort Lauderdale, reports the Sun-Sentinel.

For more than 20 years, course tutor Sue Messenger had planted cardboard skeletons pocked with bullet holes, fake knives and other evidence at mock crime scenes.

"I think they kind of went into shock and disbelief, but also, you have to say it's completely bizarre," she said.

"It was a good crash course," said Juan Cantor, 15, who signed up for the 13-day class because it sounded like fun.

But he added: "I don't really think I could take finding any more dead bodies..."

Police later identified the body as that of a 45-year-old homeless man. An autopsy is still to be held but police do not suspect foul play.

www.ananova.com
Old 06-16-2006, 05:25 AM   #99
Morrigan_Dubh

Man's brother return's from the dead after 82 years

Reunited with brother - after 82 years

A Manchester man has been reunited with his brother - 82 years after being told he had died in an accident.

Fred Fox was five when single mum Lena told him 18-month-old Norman had died after fracturing his skull falling out of bed.

In fact little Norman was alive and well - but had been taken into care, says the Daily Mirror.

The amazing truth unfolded when Fred's daughter Helen Brunton decided to research the family tree.

Within an hour on the computer she had traced Norman - who had been trying for years to get back in touch.

Fred, 87, who now lives in Salford, Manchester, wept as he hugged his long-lost brother after travelling to his home in Harwich, Essex.

He said: "It was very emotional. We'll never lose touch again."

www.ananova.com
Old 06-16-2006, 05:26 AM   #100
Morrigan_Dubh

Human ashes become art

Five ceramic trees glazed with human ashes are to go on show in an art exhibition.

Ceramic artist Emma Fenelon with ceramic trees she has glazed using human ashes, and Michael Wilkinson who donated the ashes of his late parents for two of the works. The trees are on display at Emma's degree show at Camberwell College of Art, London /PA.

Student Emma Fenelon advertised on the internet for people to donate their loved ones' remains for the project.

The 50-year-old from West Norwood, south London, was prompted to experiment with various types of ash after a history lesson on ceramics.

Her artwork will be displayed in Camberwell College of Arts, south London as part of a degree show.

Ms Fenelon received a number of offers and finally accepted donations from two people who arrived with their parents' remains in urns.

Bus driver Michael Wilkinson, 58, turned up with the ashes of his mother Lily May Violet and father John who died in 1993 and 1996.

"He said he thought his mum would have been thrilled about it and his dad would have come around," Ms Fenelon said.

Felicity Collins, 62, also offered her art-loving mother Kathleen's ashes because she had run out of ideas where to sprinkle them.

Now that's some inspiration for what to be done with yuor body after you die...