Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 07-21-2011, 10:01 PM   #3926
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla View Post
Completely unrelated to the current topic, but since I can't PM yet and I can't for the life of me figure out how to leave a visitor message (or whatever that is), I'll throw this into the nothing thread.
When you go to someone's profile page there should be a box that looks exactly like the quick reply box at the bottom of this page and you can type visitor messages there. If you don't see a box then it may be something that gets unlocked after you have made a certain number of posts (just like private messaging and signatures).
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:12 PM   #3927
Fruitbat

Sol - as the wife of someone serving in the armed forces, it affects you just as much as it affects J, and you need to know what you are going to be up for as well, before he signs up, because from what the guys were saying it's pretty tricky to get out of once you are in.

Over here, the people in the armed forces move around a lot - particularly the army, they get posted all over for two years and then have to move again. I know a guy who is a aircraft refueller and he's enjoying it but then he signed up when if you gave them 20 years, you got a pension for life - so he'll come out when he's 38 and have a tax free pension... pretty sweet.

Saya - I'm backing Versus to go to university/college. He should do writing or become a lecturer or something... ohhh a cat pscyhologist would be a good one... or maybe he'll just be Winona rider's toyboy or boy toy or whatever way around it's going to be...

Brain is mush today.. real mush, squishy mushy mush...

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:42 PM   #3928
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder.Of.Crows View Post
They also usually get the shitty deployments, about 7 - 9 months a year.
*Cough* spookyblacktext
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:50 AM   #3929
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla View Post
Completely unrelated to the current topic, but since I can't PM yet and I can't for the life of me figure out how to leave a visitor message (or whatever that is), I'll throw this into the nothing thread.

I'd like to thank Saya for giving me a heads up about the Unconference yesterday. I didn't speak or anything, but I really enjoyed myself.
No problem! Glad it was good ^_^
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:21 PM   #3930
Mr E Nigma

Gotta catch 'em alllll.... Osburdly odd named furry creaturemonnnnn
Old 07-22-2011, 02:54 PM   #3931
Solumina

So I take that back about Jake going to meps next week, the Army dude that we talked to ages ago did something with some paperwork, I think to start processing Jake even though he hadn't signed anything so the Navy recruiter has to file some additional paperwork to get that sorted out. Most likely he will now be going on the following Monday. Yay Army dude.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 07-22-2011, 03:05 PM   #3932
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
So I take that back about Jake going to meps next week, the Army dude that we talked to ages ago did something with some paperwork, I think to start processing Jake even though he hadn't signed anything so the Navy recruiter has to file some additional paperwork to get that sorted out. Most likely he will now be going on the following Monday. Yay Army dude.
You keep switching back and forth between Navy and army (though I know you mean navy). By the way has he taken his ASVAB test yet? Or experienced the thrill of the underwear olympics?

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:22 PM   #3933
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
You keep switching back and forth between Navy and army (though I know you mean navy). By the way has he taken his ASVAB test yet? Or experienced the thrill of the underwear olympics?
He is going Navy but he was talking to an Army recruiter a while ago (but decided he was not interested in what they had to offer) and it was that recruiter who started paperwork which has now made it so his current recruiter (with the Navy) has to straighten some shit out as essentially their system is recognizing him as being currently processed by the Army and therefor the Navy can't get him in him for meps. He has already taken the ASVAB (did it when his buddy went in) and his line scores (whatever those actually are) qualify him for Nuke (which is why he doesn't need an additional backup plan). I have no idea about this "underwear olympics" is, but I'm sure Jake will be thrilled.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 07-22-2011, 08:35 PM   #3934
Renatus

Quote:
He is going Navy but he was talking to an Army recruiter a while ago (but decided he was not interested in what they had to offer) and it was that recruiter who started paperwork which has now made it so his current recruiter (with the Navy) has to straighten some shit out as essentially their system is recognizing him as being currently processed by the Army and therefor the Navy can't get him in him for meps. He has already taken the ASVAB (did it when his buddy went in) and his line scores (whatever those actually are) qualify him for Nuke (which is why he doesn't need an additional backup plan). I have no idea about this "underwear olympics" is, but I'm sure Jake will be thrilled.
Do you know what he scored on it? I took it once and got a 90 with qualifying scores in all fields. The "underwear Olympics" as it were was simply the nickname the examiners gave the portion of the physicals when they had all of the guys get in one room and strip down to their underwear and perform several different tasks to identify physical abnormalities. It's how I had my flat feed diagnosed.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 07-22-2011, 10:09 PM   #3935
Solumina

Ah well that sounds like great fun, I'm sure he is looking forward to it.

I believe he got a 94.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 07-22-2011, 11:42 PM   #3936
Fruitbat

Who moderates the gothic dot net farce book account? You have a request to join from Milky hart, and that's me... hmm.. maybe it's a bad thing annoucing who I am.. oh well..

*trundles off into her own bat world*

Ren - so if you have flat feet you can't join the armed services?

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:53 AM   #3937
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post

Ren - so if you have flat feet you can't join the armed services?
It used to be that way but not anymore.

Old 07-23-2011, 09:06 AM   #3938
Sinjob

The graceful apes have found their way.
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 07:53 AM   #3939
Solumina

Good thing about Jake having to wait before going to meps: it means he gets to go to the beach cottage with me for my mom's birthday!
-Carbon Leaf
Old 07-25-2011, 08:34 AM   #3940
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinjob View Post
The graceful apes have found their way.
Hey! You've been watching me, no fair!

I'm looking forward to the fall semester. I may get to take my A&P class, can't wait for all of the anatomy! I'd like to take my kids out and do something family oriented before they go back to school in August since the fall semester is probably going to be a ton of work compared to this spring & summer. So excited!

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:17 AM   #3941
Saya

I'm excited for the fall too, but it is going to be really busy. I'm taking Mandarin, Feminist Texts, Theories and Histories, Introduction to Social Work, Introduction to Islam, and Religion and Disney.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:02 PM   #3942
Alan

So I've been unemployed for the last two months.
Yesterday I applied to a job in my university and then I realized the email I had to apply to was to my previous supervisor.
So basically it's the same department I worked on for a year and a half, only this time it would be a full time job instead of part time.

That has to be a good thing for me, right? I mean I already know everyone in the department, I know how they work, and I have completed their training. That should put me ahead of other applicants, right?
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:21 PM   #3943
Grausamkeit

If you know the ins and outs of the job in its entirety then it should give you an advantage. It will also look very good if you were a model employee when you were there previously.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:30 PM   #3944
Solumina

I know that dolphins are cute and everything but people really should remember that they are the rapists of the seas and not try to swim with a wild pod.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 07-26-2011, 09:44 AM   #3945
Renatus

Quote:
I know that dolphins are cute and everything but people really should remember that they are the rapists of the seas and not try to swim with a wild pod.
I knew they were the only other species that gain pleasure from sex, but they're really willing to fuck any species to gain such pleasure?

Old 07-26-2011, 10:15 AM   #3946
Saya

Quote:
I knew they were the only other species that gain pleasure from sex
That is absolutely not true!

Scratch that about social work, class is full. But I got into Mandarin, yay! And every other class I wanted, now its just that no elective I want fits with my schedule.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:40 AM   #3947
honeythorn

Quote:
I knew they were the only other species that gain pleasure from sex

I'm fairly sure they're not the only other species. Bonobo apes are another species, that have been observed to engage in sex for reasons other than procreation. I'm sure there are more but I can't recall what they are right now.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:46 AM   #3948
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
I'm fairly sure they're not the only other species. Bonobo apes are another species, that have been observed to engage in sex for reasons other than procreation. I'm sure there are more but I can't recall what they are right now.
According to The Oatmeal, a HIGHLY SCIENTIFIC source, pig orgasms last for half an hour o.O

But there's tons of animals that get pleasure from sex. There was a good show on the Discovery channel once called Dr. Tatiana's Sex Advice For All Creation, which is also a book, that went over all kinds of animal sexualities, like masturbating lizards and lesbian monkeys, and debunking the whole "males are polyamorous, females are picky with mates and need to choose wisely" shit.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:43 PM   #3949
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
According to The Oatmeal, a HIGHLY SCIENTIFIC source, pig orgasms last for half an hour o.O

I've heard that before, but... I really do NOT want to know how this was discovered, or why anyone wanted to discover it
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:59 PM   #3950
Solumina

Quote:
they're really willing to fuck any species to gain such pleasure?
Dolphins have been known to hump just about anything, from fish to turtles to rocks to people.
-Carbon Leaf