Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 10-26-2011, 06:17 PM   #6601
carakitty

I don't usually like pot either. Strangely, it usually gives me nausea. The only weed I can smoke must be pure and fresh. One of my friends would always make me take the first hit so he'd know if it was good stuff or not. At least that is what he told me.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:32 PM   #6602
Catch

I don't smoke pot, yet still entertaining the idea of medicinal marijuana. Probably won't though. There is some problem with pot causing muscular problems in infants if the mother smoke while a zygote. I don't know if it is a big deal, but it sounds as though if that happens it could have a greater impact on a person that just hasn't been proven yet.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:22 PM   #6603
*Twitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
Most people wouldn't have complained.

I wouldn't have mixed the two, personally, because I dislike the effects of pot.
Normally I wouldn't have. If he'd told me I would have saved it for a night where I HADN'T already done speed and gotten shitfaced drunk. It was WAAAAAY too much for my brain to deal with.
Who condones this bloodlust?

-CONFLICT
*Twitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:25 AM   #6604
wolf moon

I ate SAD food today. We were cleaning out my mother's garage all day, because the people who ran her estate sale left a huge mess and she is on the other side of the country and there is a showing scheduled tomorrow. The kitchen was empty, so we had to buy food. I hate buying food. It's full of oils made from things that aren't even oily and weird unpronounceable scaries and everyone thinks gluten is cute so even though I was super careful and only ate (I thought) meat and lettuce and onions, there was secret wheat somewhere in my food today.

I can tell because my stomach is currently trying to work out whether or not it is physically possible for it to punch me in the face.

Also, I am sitting on the couch so my (totally gluten-tolerant) husband doesn't have to deal with my 5am pouting. And my cat is sleeping on the other end, and she keeps making these really cute sleeping-cat noises and rolling around all adorably, but my phone is in the bedroom so I can't take adorable-crazy-cat-lady type photographs. Which pisses me off almost as much as the wheat.

ugh.
wolf moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:59 AM   #6605
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf moon View Post
Please don't presume to speak for all women. I take full responsibility for the give-and-take balance within my marriage. Perhaps because of this, it's pretty damn even. I take serious offense to being lumped into a group of women who keep house after a man while bitching about it as though they weren't making a choice to do so. If it makes you happy, by all means, go for it. If it doesn't, it's your responsibility to make a change. If it doesn't, and you won't - don't assume all women choose the same way. I'm with V on this one.
In my opinion, you can't change someone else. A person can only change themselves. The only thing you can change is to walk out of a relationship, but walking out of one because they aren't doing the housework seems a little superficial, to me.

Here in Australia there is a huge percentage (can't remember the stats but it is like 70-80%) of men who would rather look after the kids than do extra housework and that the majority of housework is still done by the majority of women in Australia. So while these stats aren't universal for all women in all relationships around the world, it is this way for the majority of women in relationships in Australia.

Versus Wow I never realised American guys were so domesticated.

You should come over to Australia and teach our men how to clean houses and share 50/50 in the housework, without the guys having to be asked/nagged. So driven to be house proud - it's admirable... or are you just trying to keep up with the Canadians?

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:23 AM   #6606
Grausamkeit

He's just trying to trap some Canadian beaver.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:00 AM   #6607
Versus

Or I could honestly feel like it's bullshit. My wife was a fucking slob and didn't work for the entire duration of our marriage, so unless I found the willpower to pick up the mess she made sitting on the couch and playing video games all day when I got home from work, it didn't get done.

Like that one time that I was at work for a year and I came home to an episode of hoarders.

So please, don't marginalize me by even joking that I'm saying that for a piece of ass.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:21 PM   #6608
Solumina

V, I'm really sorry that you lived with a slob. It can be quite taxing to be the sole person responsible for cleaning up, no matter what gender you are.

Dear lord Jake takes fucking forever to get ready. On average it takes him about an hour, and that is just getting ready to go to work or whatever, he takes even longer if we are actually going out to do something but since he hogs the bathroom while he is getting ready I end up getting done second because I want to brush my fucking teeth or some such quick and fairly necessary thing so he blames me for us being late, even though I spent most of my time sitting on my ass waiting for him to finish up. Today he has taken a solid 2 hours, thankfully there isn't anything that I need to be doing but he was supposed to have left at 5:00 to go meet his father for dinner, at least he can't blame me for being late.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:31 PM   #6609
ape descendant

Been looking forward to this art show all motherfucking year... the day comes and its bitterly disappointing. I am easy as fuck to please, but this was motherfucking bullshit... gyeeaaagh!!

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:54 PM   #6610
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
Or I could honestly feel like it's bullshit. My wife was a fucking slob and didn't work for the entire duration of our marriage, so unless I found the willpower to pick up the mess she made sitting on the couch and playing video games all day when I got home from work, it didn't get done.

Like that one time that I was at work for a year and I came home to an episode of hoarders.

So please, don't marginalize me by even joking that I'm saying that for a piece of ass.
Sorry, dude. I won't joke about that. I just did it because you were doing that meme in the other thread about picking up feminists.

It really sucks to be married to(or living with) someone like that.

Old 10-29-2011, 11:31 AM   #6611
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
Sorry, dude. I won't joke about that. I just did it because you were doing that meme in the other thread about picking up feminists.

It really sucks to be married to(or living with) someone like that.
You're fine. I know I was overly sensitive. I've been a little stressed, ya dig?
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:34 PM   #6612
Grausamkeit

Dig ya like a double-wide grave, dude.

'S cool.

Old 10-29-2011, 06:18 PM   #6613
carakitty

OMG I am so hungover today!
Old 10-29-2011, 06:41 PM   #6614
Grausamkeit

Poor Kitty. That's what you get for having fun!

Old 10-30-2011, 07:01 AM   #6615
Mr.Doobie

The friend I've mentioned before in this thread (the Wendy's guy) is upset because a girl he's had his eye on has rejected him. This lead him to "drink the pain away" two nights ago and fill our evening to the brim with melodramatic bullshit, always going on about how "I'll never have a woman in my bed. Oh well, I don't care." That's when a friend of his (there are two guys we don't really know that he's been letting tag along) began to tell him that it's ok because "all women are just whores and bitches anyway." This reaffirmed his own opinion that the girl rejected him just because she's a "slut". How dare she call him "darling" when she had no intention of sucking his dick? My other friends and I began to tell him he was wrong, that the girl he's talking about is actually a nice person, doesn't deserve the trash talk she was getting, and that it's perfectly fine that she just wasn't interested in him. But guess who he listened to? The four guys telling him he was wrong? Or the one guy reaffirming his infantile opinion? Fuck, at this point, I'm happy she had the sense to tell him "no", can you imagine what being in a relationship with someone like that would've been like?

Then yesterday night, him and a bunch of my other friends tried to get acid, but the shit they got didn't work. So one of the tag-alongs that this guy has been bringing around offered to smoke them out. Everyone but me. Even though at this point I was hanging out with them. I asked if I could smoke too, and I offered to throw in some of my own money for weed, but Wendy's guy threw a temper tantrum saying I'm not the one who got the bad acid and that if I joined in it would be too many people and he wouldn't get high enough to forget his pain. My other friends just shrugged their shoulders and said "sorry, you can't come. I want you to come, but Wendy's Guy is upset, and we're smoking in his room, so what he says goes."

Well fuck him, and fuck my friends. I'm sick of Wendy's guy and his immature bullshit, and I'm disgusted that my friends just sat there and let him treat me like shit. It's not my fault you took shitty acid, dude. And this isn't the first time he's treated me shitty because he was forced to be sober for a whole hour or two more than what he expected. Fuck him.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:44 PM   #6616
MissCheyenne

A horrible, horrible middle aged man pushed me up the escalator yesterday. I fell with all my weight on my bad arm and now it's all swollen and really sore. He pushed me because he said I barged past him. I was nowhere near him and what kind of dickwad goes around pushing down women who are half his size?

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 02:50 PM   #6617
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCheyenne View Post
A horrible, horrible middle aged man pushed me up the escalator yesterday. I fell with all my weight on my bad arm and now it's all swollen and really sore. He pushed me because he said I barged past him. I was nowhere near him and what kind of dickwad goes around pushing down women who are half his size?
I would fucking chew him out and scream for security. What a fuckhead.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:54 PM   #6618
wolf moon

Quote:
Seriously? If I had seen that happen I would have chased him down and punched him. Hard. In the face.
wolf moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 05:03 PM   #6619
Spooky Spencer

Quote:
I'm thinking a hard kick to the shins. With boots on. Maybe a cock punch.

Zombie Protest:
"What do we want?" "Braaaaaaaaaaains...!"
"When do we want it?" "Braaaaaaaaaaains...!"
Spooky Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:13 PM   #6620
Grausamkeit

I'm liking Spooky's idea, personally.

Doobz, kick your 'friends' to the curb, dude. They all suck serious ass.

Old 10-31-2011, 01:12 AM   #6621
Solumina

Well fuck me, I just realized that it is after 4:00am and I'm still wired as hell. Work is going to suck tomorrow.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:19 PM   #6622
Saya

I'm not sure if I have compassion burn out or just plain burning out.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:03 PM   #6623
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
I'm not sure if I have compassion burn out or just plain burning out.
I've never heard of compassion burn out. Is that when a person stops trying as hard so other people feel better about themselves?
Old 11-01-2011, 11:33 AM   #6624
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch View Post
I've never heard of compassion burn out. Is that when a person stops trying as hard so other people feel better about themselves?
IT can happen, especially if you're an introvert. Being around other people and sometimes even just participating in forums stresses me out. If I don't get alone time to recharge my batteries all of that stress compounds until I either explode or find something to do with it.

It may sound weird to people who are used to dealing with the outside world or who even enjoy it, but constant bombardment of other people wanting to talk and interact is stressful for some people.

Sometimes I like being out in the world, by myself.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:21 PM   #6625
From the Ashes

Hm, I never know what to do in social situations. All the social dynamics, and everthing else confuse me to no end.
From the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote