Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 06-20-2008, 05:03 AM   #1
Agent17

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

I just finished the game yesterday on the Hard difficulty. The ending sequence was at least over an hour long. This game has the most amazing storyline I have ever seen in a game.

To put it simply, this game is beyond epic.
Agent17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:47 AM   #2
Mugen

Hell yeah!

I've never played mgs before, so I though it was going to be kinda boring... Seen others play the MGS1-2 and tought it looked boring and shitty. But MGS4 is totally one of the best games I've ever played, gonna try to beat it on Big boss hard now! > And get awesome stuff, find easter eggs and stuff
Mugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:28 AM   #3
Raptor

Bah. I don't have a PS3 one of my house mates for next year might be getting one though, and I'm going to get this game even if he doesn't! The whole series is amazing.

Does the new one have the same medical stuff the third one had? And stamina?
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 01:07 PM   #4
Agent17

I've played all of the past games at least ten times. MGS4 returns to Shadow Moses in act 4, which was insanely nostalgic if you've played the first game.

The whole storyline is simply epic to say the least.

Quote:
Does the new one have the same medical stuff the third one had? And stamina?
No, Hideo scrapped the idea because it was actually more frustrating to have to heal yourself with medical supplies, and because MGS4 is mostly set in an urban environment most injuries that were in the first installment of the series would not occur, such as food poisoning or leach attachment.

The stamina bar has been replaced with a psyche bar which depletes when snake is in intense combat, or high stress situations, governed by the Stress Level Indicator. The psyche bar can be increased by smoking a cigarette, reading an adult magazine, as well as various other activities.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:12 PM   #5
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent17
I've played all of the past games at least ten times.
Aha I know how that goes hours spent on MGS3 getting the infinity face paint, stealth and all the cut scenes

Yeh didn't enjoy the medical stuff that much, just liked the leech removing video that came up sometimes.

I am so stealing your PS3
Old 06-20-2008, 01:45 PM   #6
Agent17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor
Aha I know how that goes hours spent on MGS3 getting the infinity face paint, stealth and all the cut scenes
I remember trying to find that damn snake in order to obtain the face paint, and trying to get through the game with no alerts for the Stealth camo.

MGS4 has many more unlockables, I'm going for the Big Boss Rank right now, which will be almost impossible, considering you need to complete the game on "Big Boss Extreme" with no deaths, no alerts, no kills, no recovery items, no stealth suit, no bandanna items, in under 5 hours.

I got through act one so far But I'm not sure how I'm going to get through the rest of the game without getting killed and not being able to recover my health, all within under 5 hours.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:27 PM   #7
Raptor

Oh? That was a way of getting the stealth camo?

I'm pretty sure I got it by shooting everyone of those damn frog toy things. Including one on the edge of the runway when you're being driven away from the Shagohod on a bike.

That sounds way too hard, good luck.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:54 PM   #8
Agent17

Yeah, shooting the frog things was a annoying alternative of getting the stealth camo. I didn't bother getting them though, considering a number of them are hidden in boss battle areas, Groznyj Grad, and various parts of the Sokrovenno North and South areas, which makes it basically impossible find due to the heavy forested area.

Anyway, I just completed the game of Extreme, with no alerts, deaths, or recovery items, but unfortunately I missed the five hour deadline my twenty seven minuets. I ended up getting the Fox Hound ranking instead.

Not what I was hoping for but I ended up getting the Thor 45-70 pistol, and the stealth suit. But I didn't get the patriot or the Big Boss face camo. Which is complete bullshit. I guess I wasted too much time in Shadow Moses during the Crying Wolf battle, I'm not sure how the hell you are supposed to kill her quickly, the battle lasts forever.

Big Boss attempt 1 failed.

I'm going for the Assassin's Emblem next, you need to beat the game with 50+ knife kills, 50+ CQC holds, and 25 or less alerts. That should be easy, and in the end you get an Altair costume, Assassin's Creed meets Metal Gear.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:41 PM   #9
Raptor

I found most of them the first time through really, but then I cheated and looked up the locations...

Good work there though, sounds like the special items are a lot harder to get now.
Old 06-21-2008, 04:54 PM   #10
Agent17

Just got the Altair outfit!

Here is an actual picture taken by me with the in-game camera:

http://i28.tinypic.com/30b0175.jpg

Yes, that is Metal Gear Solid 4, not Assassin's Creed. :P
Old 06-22-2008, 03:36 PM   #11
gothicusmaximus

I want this game, but not so badly that I'm motivated to purchase the horrendously expensive PS3.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:39 AM   #12
Wednesday Friday Addams

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
I want this game, but not so badly that I'm motivated to purchase the horrendously expensive PS3.
The game would have to teleport whore's into the room before I bought a ps3 so I could play it.
Wednesday Friday Addams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 07:55 AM   #13
Barfing_Rat

Damn smoking to help stress level go down? Snake is a pussy! His daddy do better and even survived a vicious beat down from Volgin :-P
Barfing_Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 11:59 AM   #14
Agent17

He *spoiler*[Survived more than that]*spoiler*

Big Boss Emblem attempt #1 starting tomorrow. Hopefully I won't waste as much time as I did before, especially in Act 4.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:20 PM   #15
Barfing_Rat

So you'd say Snake is tougher than Big Boss?

Even if he is, I still can't really like Snake better than Big Boss. I guess it is just that Big Boss seems more human and emotional than Snake.
Barfing_Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:30 PM   #16
biohazard

A friend of mine actually lent me this game. I only played the first MG, and didnt like it that much. I am not motivated to play it, since I won`t have a PS3 in less than 20 days.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:07 AM   #17
Wednesday Friday Addams

Great movie, I wonder if they will base a game on it?
Wednesday Friday Addams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 06:27 AM   #18
Raptor

You're just jealous of the teleporting whores.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:49 PM   #19
Anti-Mindvirus

Well fuck. Now i have to buy/steal a PS3 so I can play this..
Anti-Mindvirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 09:33 PM   #20
3lackrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent17
I just finished the game yesterday on the Hard difficulty. The ending sequence was at least over an hour long. This game has the most amazing storyline I have ever seen in a game.

To put it simply, this game is beyond epic.
I finished it 1-2 months ago. Yes, the story is deep and you need to know all Metalgear chapter to understant well what happens in the game.

Great graphic and the sequences are long as the overall playing time.
3lackrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 09:37 PM   #21
3lackrose

Woops sorry I posted 2 times..
3lackrose is offline   Reply With Quote