Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 03-18-2009, 04:54 AM   #1
Ahsatan

Questions about Corset Training

I had alot of questions about corset training, found alot of answers, but not all of them, so now I'm turning to you!!!!
Yay.
Okay so my first question, is it permanent? Like after I get the waist can I stop wearing it?
What would be better to use; steal boning or plastic?
How long dose it usually take per inch?
What would be the best fabric to use?
How many inches tighter should I start with?
And How do I know if the corset is real or not? (oviusly not gonna get a cheap one from Hottopic or anything)
Ahsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:41 AM   #2
Underwater Ophelia

I had alot of questions about corset training, found alot of answers, but not all of them, so now I'm turning to you!!!!
Yay.
Okay so my first question, is it permanent? Like after I get the waist can I stop wearing it?

Nope, not at all.
What would be better to use; steal boning or plastic?

Steel.

...I don't get this question.
What would be the best fabric to use?

Any is fine, so long as it's reinforced.

That depends on how much extra fat you have on your body. Someone who is very thin can't tighten much, because then you're squeezing organs with no padding. Someone chubby has a lot of extra fat to squeeze.
And How do I know if the corset is real or not? (oviusly not gonna get a cheap one from Hottopic or anything)

If you mean "real" as in "good quality," then shop around and look for one with steel bones, steel grommets, and made of many layers of fabric.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:57 AM   #3
Solumina

Ophielia did a pretty awesome job of answering most of your questions so I'm just going to add a bit to what she said.

That varies quite a bit from person to person, though it isn't exactly a quick process for anyone.

Most places that sell quality pieces will tell you what is best for you to start out with, I think standard is 2 inches if you are slender and 3 if are a bit bigger, just keep in mind that you will need to get new corsets as you continue training, or in the least you will need to get the corset resized.

And How do I know if the corset is real or not? (obviusly not gonna get a cheap one from Hottopic or anything)
If it doesn't say steel boning then it will say so, most with steel bones also have steel grommets. If you a buying in store then look closely at the stitching to make sure that it is actually going to support the strain of training. Good corsets don't really come cheap so if a deal looks too good to be true then take a good look to make sure that you are actually getting what you want/need.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:47 AM   #4
strange_pleasure

I would start off with a custom-made croset. Yes they are expensive but if you are going to be wearing it mostly all day, eveyday you want to be as comfortable as possible. Also, you should be able you get your corset resized once you start losing inches.

When I was younger I tried waist training but unfortunately, my skin is very senstive and couldn't handle it. To me, summer would not be the best time to do this, I would wait until fall only beucase in summer you sweat more and all that moisutre will be trapped under the corset all day which can lead to skin issues. Of course, this is just from my own experience, I'm sure lots of gals have waist trained in summertime with no problem! Good luck
strange_pleasure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 04:27 AM   #5
Ahsatan

Ophielia thank you very much for answering my questions ^_^!
Solumina thank your for the extra tid bits!
And Pleasure, thank for that too, I live in florida so it probably won't be a good idea during the summer.
Ahsatan is offline   Reply With Quote