Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 06-08-2008, 11:20 PM   #251
Lux Interior Ate My Brain

I don't really get made fun of anymore but I do get slight heat from older women with those terrible "You're such a pretty girl, but you'd be prettier if...." comments.
When I was in school people just either turned their noses up or asked a lot of questions about the way I looked. There was the occasional teasing here and there but it never lasted because I could come up with better insults than, "Yeah...well...you're so gawfixx and no body likes you!"
Ugh.
Lux Interior Ate My Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 02:45 PM   #252
twink

Occasionally, but I really don't give a rat's ass. If someone doesn't like the way I look, that's their problem, not mine.
twink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:26 AM   #253
dabbadmc

Just the odd time, I get teased.
Most shouting in the street ("GOTH, GOTH! - very original) or shouting from cars. Then there's also the stares and Oh my god's, and I got pushed to the ground by this idiot. Nothing too serious.

However, my friend was beaten up by a group of nitwits and had to get some stitching done.
dabbadmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 05:45 AM   #254
Deatharren

well i must say im enjoying it.well ive heard a lot of<<good guy but his style freaks me out>> i dont care,,, im havin fun with all dose idiotic christian lovers and shit ,all i have to do is say<boo> and they run like the wind :P...all you have to do is see the bright side of life :P
Deatharren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:49 AM   #255
bleedingheart344

Can I buy some pot from you?
Old 06-19-2008, 01:55 AM   #256
badteccy

Lol at that.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 03:29 AM   #257
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Years ago I used to get stares and smiles but not anymore, people know me now. When I go to new places, sometimes people still do double takes. I was walking through an airport once, and a little kid I'd guess about 5 or 6 pointed and asked "mom, is he emo?". Mom just pulled his arm and said "I don't know Jeffery, come on, we're gonna miss our plane".

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:52 AM   #258
Vaden

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
Years ago I used to get stares and smiles but not anymore, people know me now. When I go to new places, sometimes people still do double takes. I was walking through an airport once, and a little kid I'd guess about 5 or 6 pointed and asked "mom, is he emo?". Mom just pulled his arm and said "I don't know Jeffery, come on, we're gonna miss our plane".
Wow. What is that mom teaching that kid :-/?

--

Pretty funny actually: Some little can said to his dad: "Dad, what is that?" and pointed at me. So *shrug*.

I've also almost got some old dude in a car wreck. He starred at me to long. Had to slam on his brakes but I don't know.
Vaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:51 AM   #259
Maldarion_Haliax

I've also almost got some old dude in a car wreck. He starred at me to long. Had to slam on his brakes but I don't know.[/quote]

That's pretty funny,I had something kinda like that happen not long ago.
This old woman was pulling out of her driveway and she stopped dead in the middle of the street and was gawking at me,I laughed my ass off.
Maldarion_Haliax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 10:33 AM   #260
Demonic-Defiance

ya man we all do, they just cant face the fact that we have evolved and decided to express ourselfs in everything we do, hell im not goth but i get a hell of a lot of heat from everyone especialy with me being a satanist.
Demonic-Defiance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 03:50 PM   #261
Joker_in_the_Pack

How would they know? A rule of satanism is to not tell people things about you unless they ask, so if people give you heat to an excess about it, you must keep running your mouth.

I don't get made fun of, usually I get compliments. That and nobody feels like picking on the six foot tall bald guy wearing combat boots. I used to get TONS of compliments when I had a hawk. If you look good, then you won't get too many insults I find.
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:23 PM   #262
Kristin

I usually get teased by my friends and my husband, but a few weeks ago at work this older guy asked me if I dress "gothic" (his word) when I'm not at work. I guess that means I'm doing something right. Was it something in my demeanor? Who knows. I wasn't wearing anything particularly goth-like that night except maybe an odd necklace and my riveted bracelet (which I'm not allowed to wear anymore, mean managers). And there are some regular customers, all of them in their late teens to early twenties, most of them either mall-goth or borderline emo, who think I'm all hardcore. I have no idea why; I have no tattoos or piercings other than my ears.
Kristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 10:51 PM   #263
Invisigoth69

Quote:
Originally Posted by crucifix
Do people ever make fun of your gothic apperence? I had a guy last night at my youth group tell me I looked like a vampire. First off, I was a little offended because I AM NOT A VAMPIRE DEVIL WORSHIPPER!!!!!!! How many times do I have to say it?? Then, honestly, once I really thought about it, I was just annoyed at him and didn't really care what he thought. Everyone has a right to their own opinions and his doesn't effect my life one way or another, you know? Anyhoo, anyone pick on y'all at all?
Don't "like the way I look"?
Go to www.likeIcare.com

(Honestly, if you "not like" the way some of us look, visit your local WALMART and look at THOSE folks. Now, talk about offensive!)
Invisigoth69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 12:33 AM   #264
NightmareInShiningArmour

For me, it's hard to pick up the sarcasm from the compliments. I take most things as hostile sarcasm unless I've been talking to the person before or know them or unless they go into it, but otherwise I get too much shit that it's easier to treat it all as hostile.
NightmareInShiningArmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 01:14 AM   #265
MitsyMayhem

Made fun of? Hmm...
I used to get called Emo a bit.
But not really as an insult, more of just a label.
I can't say I've seriously been made fun of.
Once, I think.
Oh yeah! This kid named Ben would not stop bothering me so I punched his lights in, and the security guard gave me permission. Till this day he'll joke with me, but if I glare he'll apologize and back off.
MitsyMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 05:05 AM   #266
Demonic-Defiance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack
How would they know? A rule of satanism is to not tell people things about you unless they ask, so if people give you heat to an excess about it, you must keep running your mouth.

I don't get made fun of, usually I get compliments. That and nobody feels like picking on the six foot tall bald guy wearing combat boots. I used to get TONS of compliments when I had a hawk. If you look good, then you won't get too many insults I find.
sure man your right dont epress your views unless your sure people want to here them. and isnt self deciet a satanic sin, so buy lying to others your decieving yourself and to quote the late and great Anton Levay if one smits thee on the cheeck smash him on the other, i believe that goes for verbally too. that was off topic just a tad. i must admit i wouldnt pick on the six foot tall bald guy wearing combat boots either, but try being in South Africa in a normal school and being the only satanist in it. You end up getting flammed quite a bit even if you do knock them out they still run their mouths lol. and stupidity and ignorance are also satanic sins so the more you know the stronger you are.
Demonic-Defiance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 10:37 PM   #267
Nocturne Midnight

Location: The center of the city where all roads meet, waiting for you.
Arrow

I did when I first started to dress "goth". People would go "woof" or something (because of my collar). A few drunken yobs might call out "Nice coat ******!" I generally ignored them. Most people don't insult me because in Canada, most people are fairly accepting. Or it could be because I'm six-foot-four and I have a swishy trench coat.
One comment that actually had me debating whether to say thank you or explain why that is so wrong is "That Neo-guy from The Matrix". Not sure why, but it hit me funny.
I don't mind Vampire very much. I love when people call me Lugosi, as it makes me think they are actually creative.
Other than that I usually get compliments. Usually from my female teachers. They appreciate how I can consistently keep my nails black & my eyeliner from smudging. Hooray for liquid!!
Nocturne Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 11:29 PM   #268
3lackrose

I taked a break with personal tastes wearing cause I was sick of feeling always observed.

Now I use my beloved outfits only when I go to concerts or in other special cases.

Maybe one day I'll resume to wearing what I wish whenever I wish..
3lackrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:56 AM   #269
Minyaliel

DeeDee (Sorry, I really can't be arsed to write the whole Demonic thing) - you know, there's something called discreetness that might just help you. I've survived as a Satanist for years uttering my opinion loudly in public without harrassment. You know how? By not goddamn shouting "Satan" "CoS" (or in my case, "Lucifer" and "devil- worship") and various other terms around that folks might be biased against. Makes it easier to get to know people, as well as get a job and such. Just a hint. It's not lying, it's not hiding yourself, it's Lesser Magic - making people see what they want to see. Mmmkay? =) That was OT, I know, but I had to. Let's resume on topic talk... :P
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 05:23 AM   #270
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonic-Defiance
sure man your right don't express your views unless your sure people want to here them.
No, that's not at all what he said, his point is that they wouldn't know you're a Satanist unless you were going around telling people, which according to him, is a Satanist sin. That's very different from the idea of not expressing your views.

And yea, I know what you're experiencing, but honestly, most people think Satanism is kind of a joke, mostly because people don't understand it, but that's another matter. I grew up in a 100% Irish Catholic neighborhood, and went to a Catholic school as an atheist, and my parents were atheists, and everyone knew it because we didn't show up on Sundays . So basically, my family was the right hand of the devil in their mind.
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 02:24 PM   #271
Fatbaby

I frequently laugh with them. However, I may look ridiculous in their eyes but they all look like billboards to me. Plus they are so articulate as they point sausage fingers and gleefully giggle while congratulating each other.
Fatbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 12:54 AM   #272
TwilightLoves Cody

I just moved and Im cristian and I was going to this new church.
I wore my cross jewly. When I walked in they kick me out of the church Im like if I want to come to church i can. No matter who i am. They just cuss me out and go back in calling me names like "Satan worshiper" I dont worship satan thank you very much.b
TwilightLoves Cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 01:19 AM   #273
Godslayer Jillian

You don't? Well then what are you doing here?!
This is a gawffik forum!

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 02:25 AM   #274
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsyMayhem
Made fun of? Hmm...
I used to get called Emo a bit.
But not really as an insult, more of just a label.
I can't say I've seriously been made fun of.
Once, I think.
Oh yeah! This kid named Ben would not stop bothering me so I punched his lights in, and the security guard gave me permission. Till this day he'll joke with me, but if I glare he'll apologize and back off.
You punched a guy for making fun of how you look? Well, I guess that's okay because you're a woman. But if he'd hit you back it would have been asault, right?

I don't get this whole inverse attitude towards violence between the sexist. If a chick full-on punched me, no, I wouldn't punch her back (in case I, y'know, broke her face); but I would totally slap her. Hard enough to get the message across that being female is not a goddamn license to behave like an animal.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 05:10 AM   #275
JCC

If a chick went to hit me I'd probably just block it, take her to the floor and be like "What the fuck's your problem?", then help her up, 'cause I do that to guys too.

EDIT: Actually. Damn, I don't know what I'd do eh, gotta approach it slightly differently.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote