Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:55 AM   #51
6SixSick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn View Post
The Tinkerer is the big weapons dealer now. Always has been really

Where have you been for the past few decades? Batman carries a .45 and even used it to kill one incarnation of the Joker if you remember back before Nightwing.
Erm where have YOU been? Batman hates guns and only carries them when no other weapon will do. Like when he shot Darkseid with the Radion bullet to save the universe, before dying himself.

What do you mean anyway "one incarnation of the joker"? Don't forget Marvel and DC reboot their comic lines every generation to keep them modern so you may have seen an old continuity comic or maybe just a one time "what if?" style spin off or special edition.

There's no way Batman regularly carries a .45 I'm really wondering where you're getting your info from.
6SixSick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 02:20 AM   #52
JJ_Spade

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn View Post
The Tinkerer is the big weapons dealer now. Always has been really

Where have you been for the past few decades? Batman carries a .45 and even used it to kill one incarnation of the Joker if you remember back before Nightwing.
I Don't Remember Batman Ever Carrying A Gun Either. I Have Every Movie, Including The One When Adam West Played Him. I Don't Have Any Of The Episodes Though, Or Any Of The Cartoon Ones...But I Used To Watch Those Too. As Far As Comics Go I Have Only A Few But Not In Any Of These Movies Or Comics Have I Ever Seen Him Carrying A Gun. Damn I Must Have Really Missed Something Here!

Any man may easily do harm, but not every man can do good to another. -Plato-
JJ_Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:02 AM   #53
6SixSick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Spade View Post
I Don't Remember Batman Ever Carrying A Gun Either. I Have Every Movie, Including The One When Adam West Played Him. I Don't Have Any Of The Episodes Though, Or Any Of The Cartoon Ones...But I Used To Watch Those Too. As Far As Comics Go I Have Only A Few But Not In Any Of These Movies Or Comics Have I Ever Seen Him Carrying A Gun. Damn I Must Have Really Missed Something Here!
You haven't missed much 'cause he doesn't carry one.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:52 PM   #54
Cat Stark

I know what he is talking about.
There is a comic of Batman out there where he dose have a gun. It is when he is older. If I remember, it is not very well known. A lot of people do not like it. If I can find out what it is called I will tell you, but it is out there.
Cat Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:55 PM   #55
6SixSick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Stark View Post
I know what he is talking about.
There is a comic of Batman out there where he dose have a gun. It is when he is older. If I remember, it is not very well known. A lot of people do not like it. If I can find out what it is called I will tell you, but it is out there.
Yeah ok, but it's like what I said it's a one off. So his smugly asking me where I've been for the last 3 decades and then going going on to say that he carries a .45 like it's a regular thing is a gross overstatement.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:48 AM   #56
Cat Stark

No. It is a branch off of Batman, but it is not a main thing. He still does not like guns in the newer ones.
Hell, in one that I read he is a father.
People make comics on a what if factor to make it more interesting so people will buy them.
The writer and artiest of just Batman alone changes every few years. Everyone adds something to the story.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:58 AM   #57
6SixSick

Quote:
No. It is a branch off of Batman, but it is not a main thing. He still does not like guns in the newer ones.
Hell, in one that I read he is a father.
People make comics on a what if factor to make it more interesting so people will buy them.
The writer and artiest of just Batman alone changes every few years. Everyone adds something to the story.
He is a father. He had a son called Damien with an assasin woman (I can't remember her name), but he is now the new Robin alongside Nightwing who is the new Batman after Bruce got killed by Darkseid in Final Crisis.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:20 AM   #58
Cat Stark

She was Ra's al Ghul's granddaughter, Talia al Ghul.
Damian carries around a sword if I remember right. He dresses up like Robin, but with a white cloak. At lest he did when I say him, which is in the one where Batman adopts Tim Drake at the end. Other then that, I do not know a lot about him.
But the point is that everyone that writes Batman has a different viewpoint of what he should be, what his villains should be, as people. If someone wanted to make a Batman that carries a .45, then it can happen.
I mean look at Batman Beyond. I do not think it ever made it to a comic book, but it was a different idea of Batman.
Does any of that make any sense to you?
Old 03-06-2011, 11:37 AM   #59
6SixSick

Quote:
She was Ra's al Ghul's granddaughter, Talia al Ghul.
Damian carries around a sword if I remember right. He dresses up like Robin, but with a white cloak. At lest he did when I say him, which is in the one where Batman adopts Tim Drake at the end. Other then that, I do not know a lot about him.
But the point is that everyone that writes Batman has a different viewpoint of what he should be, what his villains should be, as people. If someone wanted to make a Batman that carries a .45, then it can happen.
I mean look at Batman Beyond. I do not think it ever made it to a comic book, but it was a different idea of Batman.
Does any of that make any sense to you?
Of course it does, but DC has a main continuity (in which Batman got killed, Nightwing has taken over with Damien as Robin) and then all the spin offs. The reason why I contend with Cap'n Stern in the first place is that he asked me where I had been for the last 3 decades and heavily insunuated that he always carries around a .45 (and has for 3 decades) which is obviously not true. Of course you can have spin off ideas and I believe I was the first one to say that on this thread in earlier posts. >_<

BUT and this is a very big but it's very unlikey that a Batman with a gun with make it into the main continuity of DC for any amount of time. The main continnuity as I understand it is the version of the comic which crosses over the most with the other main versions of each DC character. In Marvel's case it is the dimension where captain america was around in the 40s then there was the golden age of the fantastic four, Thor, Incredible hulk and old Iron man, leading to the formation of the Avengers. Also with the classic line up of X-men originally of Beast, cyclops, Iceman, Angel and Jean grey leading to the next generation of storm, colossus, wolvering, nightcrawler, banshee, then onwards. And of course having classic spiderman who then grew up blah di blah di blah

The name for the main Marvel continuity is Earth 616 with all that suff and then there's spinoffs like x-man days of future past and age of apocalypse, avengers and fantastic four in the pocket univers after the onslaught storyline etc etc.

Anyway to put it simply there is Dc main continuity where most of the batman stories are all the robins in order him dying and nightwing taking over then there is the Dc Multiverse which is what you're referring to where all these alternate stories take place
Old 03-06-2011, 11:58 AM   #60
Cat Stark

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6SixSick View Post
Of course it does, but DC has a main continuity (in which Batman got killed, Nightwing has taken over with Damien as Robin) and then all the spin offs. The reason why I contend with Cap'n Stern in the first place is that he asked me where I had been for the last 3 decades and heavily insunuated that he always carries around a .45 (and has for 3 decades) which is obviously not true. Of course you can have spin off ideas and I believe I was the first one to say that on this thread in earlier posts. >_<

BUT and this is a very big but it's very unlikey that a Batman with a gun with make it into the main continuity of DC for any amount of time. The main continnuity as I understand it is the version of the comic which crosses over the most with the other main versions of each DC character. In Marvel's case it is the dimension where captain america was around in the 40s then there was the golden age of the fantastic four, Thor, Incredible hulk and old Iron man, leading to the formation of the Avengers. Also with the classic line up of X-men originally of Beast, cyclops, Iceman, Angel and Jean grey leading to the next generation of storm, colossus, wolvering, nightcrawler, banshee, then onwards. And of course having classic spiderman who then grew up blah di blah di blah

The name for the main Marvel continuity is Earth 616 with all that suff and then there's spinoffs like x-man days of future past and age of apocalypse, avengers and fantastic four in the pocket univers after the onslaught storyline etc etc.

Anyway to put it simply there is Dc main continuity where most of the batman stories are all the robins in order him dying and nightwing taking over then there is the Dc Multiverse which is what you're referring to where all these alternate stories take place
That was the mean idea.
Things change, people get new ideas. I mean I think there is a technopath that either is in or works with the X-Men. They would not even think of something like that in the 60s when it first came out.
Also in an old Spiderman cartoon at the end there was like six Spidermen from different dimensions.
Anything is possible.
No Batman does not normaly carry a .45, and even if he did it was not main stream.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:41 PM   #61
Cat Stark

I ran out of time before I could finish.
So, it is rude of him to say that you are not paying attention to comics for the past 30 years. Are you even 30 years old? I do not even remember what it called and I am a super Marvel nerd.
It is around, but it is not as out there that everyone would or should know about it.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:44 PM   #62
6SixSick

Quote:
I ran out of time before I could finish.
So, it is rude of him to say that you are not paying attention to comics for the past 30 years. Are you even 30 years old? I do not even remember what it called and I am a super Marvel nerd.
It is around, but it is not as out there that everyone would or should know about it.
When someone uses the phrase "Where have you been for (x amount of ) years" it usually means that it has been occuring for all that ime and you haven't noticed. It is rude and it was correct to give that time frame to Batman around the issue of him carrying guns. I am not 30, but that does not matter as any random search on wikipedia plus any general knowledge of Batman would make it blatantly obvious that he hasn't carried a gun for thirty years. I'm not gonna talk anymore about that now because he hasn't responded himself and I'm getting tired of going over it with you; it feels like an interrogation.

As for the last part you being a big Marvel nerd..... what are you talking about exactly Batman is DC and I mentioned no gaps in my knowledge around Marvel???
Old 03-06-2011, 05:19 PM   #63
JJ_Spade

Lol! I Was Waiting To Hear A Realization!

Old 03-07-2011, 01:22 PM   #64
Cat Stark

I get the Batman thing, and I will talk no more about it if you do not wish to.
I meant comics in general. I am a big comic book nerd.
You did not know that there was a comic out there where Batman carried a gun. That is a gap that I do not have. I am not saying you are stupid, I just know a lot about this subject. Most likely a lot more then the average Joe.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:05 PM   #65
JJ_Spade

Quote:
I get the Batman thing, and I will talk no more about it if you do not wish to.
I meant comics in general. I am a big comic book nerd.
You did not know that there was a comic out there where Batman carried a gun. That is a gap that I do not have. I am not saying you are stupid, I just know a lot about this subject. Most likely a lot more then the average Joe.
If You Are Talking To Me, I Did Say That I Only Have A Few Comics. Other Than That I Have Every Movie, And Watched Just About Every Show Possible Lol

Old 03-09-2011, 02:00 PM   #66
Cat Stark

If you mean me saying the "average Joe" thing. I meant a random person on the street, not someone who goes out of their way to read comics or watch Marvel movies. I am not singling you out. Even though, not to be mean, I most likely know more about comics and Marvel then you do. Which is okay. Everyone has a different level of fanndom.