Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 01-22-2006, 07:34 PM   #1
TheKorovaMilkbar

Living Quarters Pictures

This thread isn't going to just be for me. If any of you would like to post pictures of your place, please feel free.

Here are a few pictures of the apartment so far. PLEASE excuse the mess, as I'm not done fixing it up yet.

I'm getting a fountain that emits a soothing fog this week, so I will post more pictures when I get it. It's very cool, but I have to wait til they get the damn thing in.
Old 01-22-2006, 07:37 PM   #2
TheKorovaMilkbar

Oh, btw.

These aren't the best pics, but you'll get the idea. And I'm not posting a picture of my room yet as it is such a mess.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:14 PM   #3
Manimal

That can't be your first apartment... where's the milk crates? Where's the stop sign table? Where's the plywood tv stand? Your first place is not supposed to have leather in it. Things are not supposed to match. Did you not attend "Intro to basic first time living" at school?

Hell, we still don't have anything leather in our house except for a pair of tight leather pants that make my balls hurt.
Manimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 08:33 PM   #4
JuliaGaltic

Oh my! That's your first appartment?!

Man, in my first appartment I had all inflatable furniture (I wish I could say that's an exageration or a joke but it's not)

Great taste. I particulary fancy your shower curtain... nice!
Old 01-23-2006, 12:43 AM   #5
TheKorovaMilkbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimal
That can't be your first apartment... where's the milk crates? Where's the stop sign table? Where's the plywood tv stand? Your first place is not supposed to have leather in it. Things are not supposed to match. Did you not attend "Intro to basic first time living" at school?

Hell, we still don't have anything leather in our house except for a pair of tight leather pants that make my balls hurt.

Heh, I've been collecting furniture for this apartment for over a year.

The White Leather Chair: Free (GeminiKillers roomie was just gonna throw it out!)
The Futon: $150 (Bought it from my aunt, I just had to buy a black slip-cover for it)
The Desk and the Nightstand which are in my room were from my room in my house.
The Black and Silver Lava Lamp: $25 (from Spencers)
The Black and White kitchen ware and all the bathroom accessories were my Christmas gifts.
The Posters (some of which aren't hung yet) I've also been collecting for a while.

All that preparing paid off. I had the color scheme planned when I started collecting the furniture. I invested a decent amount of money in the rest and I'm very proud to say the least of how it turned out. Thanks guys.

Now all of you post you're pictures.

Xng, I love the stereo over the microwave. That's badass. Who has the top bunk?
Old 01-23-2006, 12:52 AM   #6
TheKorovaMilkbar

Bah! Nevermind. Double post.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:02 AM   #7
emeraldlonewoulf

Kickass pad. I haven't lived in a place that looked that good since I was about eight, and I moved out of my mom's the first time almost seven years ago. You have excellent taste, I especially like the framed posters. Great job. also, you don't have to apologize for a mess that isn't there, if it were any better and there were still an apology we might think you were one of those OCD-ing clean freaks who pick the fuzz out of new carpets, and re-paint the trim on the bottom of the wall after the vacuum cleaner hose hits it....... ( no offense intended to anyone suffering from OCD, having dealt with it myself, it sucks. Also, about the trim painting thing, I once knew someone who actually did that.)

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 01:48 AM   #8
TheKorovaMilkbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldlonewoulf
Great job. also, you don't have to apologize for a mess that isn't there, if it were any better and there were still an apology we might think you were one of those OCD-ing clean freaks who pick the fuzz out of new carpets, and re-paint the trim on the bottom of the wall after the vacuum cleaner hose hits it.......
*falls out of chair laughing*

LOL, Alright, point taken.

Thanks for the compliment emeraldlonewoulf.

Although my room is a mess. So I need to work on that and I'll post pics of it clean after I get that badass fountain.
Old 01-23-2006, 02:05 AM   #9
emeraldlonewoulf

You are welcome, sir. would love to see the fountain.

Clean freaks, unite!

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:34 PM   #10
ghostposts

Sweet! The tiger and the pulp fiction poster are cool. And I love the bathroom towels and shower curtain.

Nice job.
ghostposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:40 PM   #11
JuliaGaltic

I just love the fact that you have a box of Kleenex on your end table. It shows sensitivity I think.

Wait a minute... or... could it be?...that maybe the box is there to clean up after... err.. lonely nights... spent on the couch next to a bottle of lotion? Nooo... couldn't be..
Old 01-24-2006, 02:01 AM   #12
TheKorovaMilkbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaGaltic
I just love the fact that you have a box of Kleenex on your end table. It shows sensitivity I think.

Wait a minute... or... could it be?...that maybe the box is there to clean up after... err.. lonely nights... spent on the couch next to a bottle of lotion? Nooo... couldn't be..
LOL, thanks. No, I'm afraid it would take a lot more than some flimsy kleenex to clean after my mess.

Did anyone catch the metaphor from the three pictures? Notice where they are in relation to the characters.

Thanks for all of the comments guys, but you can all post your own pictures too.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:30 AM   #13
Sanctus Dei

Amazing place Korova, I'll post pics of mine as soon as I move in..
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 10:01 PM   #14
TheKorovaMilkbar

Thanks Sanctus, please do. Where and when are you moving?
Old 01-25-2006, 10:09 PM   #15
Sanctus Dei

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKorovaMilkbar
Thanks Sanctus, please do. Where and when are you moving?

Just northwest of my current location and into an actual mortgaged, possible equity building, townhome of my very own!! I should be all done with the purchase in about 45 days (I hope) so it will take me alittle bit to get the place respectable. At the moment the walls are a dingy hunter brown, covered in animal photos and the whole place reeks of redneck bachlor pad but with a little work I'll turn it around.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

Old 01-25-2006, 10:23 PM   #16
TheKorovaMilkbar

Townhome?! Congratulations! That should be fun.

Please post pictures when you get the chance. I'd love to see it.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:40 PM   #17
TheKorovaMilkbar

I finally got the fountain, and here are the pics. I'm extremely happy with the apartment, as well as very proud.

The fountain uses a device that emits an ultrasonic frequency thus making the water into a cooling mist. It is also lit by blue and red LED's.

Here are the pictures:

And this last one is a picture of me toasting all of you with my glass of sour mash and coke. Thank you all for your support.

Old 01-27-2006, 10:14 PM   #18
TheKorovaMilkbar

*cough*bump
Old 01-27-2006, 10:19 PM   #19
Empty_Purple_Stars

*hands you a tissue*

Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 10:22 PM   #20
TheKorovaMilkbar

*blushes* heh... oops?
Old 01-27-2006, 10:24 PM   #21
Empty_Purple_Stars

Just messing with ya..

Mr. Pimpin' Pad..

Manimal and I have decided that we WISH our first apartment had looked that fucking nice..

We can't decide whether to give you a Nurple or Adopt you..

Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 10:28 PM   #22
TheKorovaMilkbar

You could come live here...

...on one stipulation... that you bring another woman. j/k

I only wish the people that came to visit would STOP LEAVING MESSES!! I'm going to give them all a word tomorrow.
Old 01-28-2006, 03:03 AM   #23
Sanctus Dei

Korova, your making me antsy to move...

P.S. That fountain is perfect, nice choice!

Old 01-28-2006, 04:26 AM   #24
TheKorovaMilkbar

Thanks. It cost about $75 with tax, so it was quite an investment.

And I've also moved from burning incense to burning oils. It spreads through the apartment much better and doesn't smell like burnt wood.

I really want to see your townhouse when you move in Sanctus. Is it in a gated apartment complex? (I just asked because most of the ones around here are)
Old 01-28-2006, 07:14 AM   #25
Sanctus Dei

No.. where I live a gated community is unnessecary. The city is just a few miles shy of McCoy country.... but the breathing room is incredible (as far as having fewer neighbors then in a city edged suburb) plus the price was perfect.