Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 06-15-2007, 01:01 PM   #1
Romantic Raven

Temporary hair dye

I believe some of you have tried temporary hair dyes (like the ones that only last until the first wash) and I hope you could give me some advice. Does the hair look natural (well, except for the colour, of course), doesn't this type of dye stiffen it?

And what about the semi-permanent dyes, the ones which last a few weeks? Do they produce any damage to the hair? Does the natural colour really come back after a while?

I'm asking this because I like my natural colour and the texture of my hair, and I wouldn't want it damaged in any way. On the other hand, I'd like to have purple hair... just for a while.
"I have cultivated my hysteria with delight and terror. Now I suffer continually from vertigo, and today, 23rd of January, 1862, I have received a singular warning, I have felt the wind of the wing of madness pass over me." - Charles Baudelaire
Romantic Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:20 PM   #2
Zakyath

Well, the natural hair colour might be hard, but the purple will only stick for a few weeks, that's for sure...
Zakyath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:44 PM   #3
Underwater Ophelia

Hair dye that washes out after one shampooing is usually like paint almost, so it looks really fake and it does stiffen your hair. It doesn't look natural at all.

As for dying your hair without any damage, you can mostly kiss that idea goodbye. Manic Panic won't hurt your hair, because it's vegetable based and not so harsh, but it might not show up well.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:34 PM   #4
Valrys

I used black semi-permanent dye on ginger hair, and it started to fade back after a week of washing it once every day.
And I can't say whether it did any damage, I dyed it permanently soon afterwards, but as the dye fades out it does look pretty awful unless its close to your original colour.
Valrys is offline   Reply With Quote