Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 04-04-2007, 05:48 PM   #126
Clockwork

No, I don't, because I know I'll be having a grand old time giggling to myself as I read a farewell post of yours much like this one, expressed with equally appalling grammatical errors, and written because you couldn't stand to post here when everyone else criticized you for your insolence.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:49 PM   #127
Cyntrox

Bloopie, I don't like you. A lot of people will not like you if you keep this up. And as to your comment to MollyMac (and clockwork), we don't really care if someone makes one grammar mistake in a post, but when you never even try to get it right, you're damning yourself.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:56 PM   #128
Cyntrox

Perhaps your knowledge of grammar equals mine, but the difference between you and be is that I exercise it

Just press the damned shift button, is it so hard?

Bah. This isn't worth it.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:56 PM   #129
Clockwork

Your stubborn mannerisms will get you nowhere, Bloopie.

Regardless. I have no more words for you.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:12 PM   #130
Drake Dun

I think you could have sold more people if you didn't come on all righteous. Next time, try something like this:

"yeah, i realize that it's unconventional. the way i figure it, capitalization has no place in the english language, and i'm just trying to give the process of its elimination a nudge, as it were. sort of like e.e. cummings. i always try to use good grammar and spelling, so could i ask you to give me a little room to play with the capitalization?"

Starting with something more like "Well you punks make mistakes too, and besides, it's work to push the shift key" is probably not a good way to get people to let you off the hook for breaking with convention. Even in a goth forum.

Drake
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:43 PM   #131
raggedyanne

grammer can go f**ck itself in a dark corner. I believe that this thread had an origional topic; let's get back to it. Any ways, e.e. cummings was a god.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:02 PM   #132
Vyvian Blackthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by c130
Cutting's for wusses. This is what real men do.
O dearest, you've supplied me with mapulative nightmares for a lifetime.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:57 AM   #133
MollyMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloopie
not to be mean, but everyone here is saying how i should use proper grammar, but is proper punctuation out?

http://www.class.uidaho.edu/adv_tech...semicolons.htm

When the fuck did I ever criticize ANYONE about grammar or spelling? I only criticize illogical leaps and bullshit.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:24 AM   #134
kindred spirit

This is strange. A place for people to say they are involved in self mutamutilation. I know some people do it. The only one person that I knew who did it, did not go around announcing it. It is a real physiological problem not a game to played around with or joked about. If your problem is real you should find real help. If it is not and you are just looking for attention get a life.
kindred spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 03:40 PM   #135
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
I find it kind of interesting how this thread attracts the worst of the newcommers. Especialy considering who started it.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 04:46 PM   #136
MollyMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloopie
i dunno, i was told you all care deeply about grammar/punctuation/spelling. i guess not.
Thanks for the generalization.

I only care about any of that in two scenarios:

1) If no one can figure out what the fuck you are saying; and/or

2) If you are submitting a written work in a non-dialect form. Call it a professional quirk.

Other than that, let your lack of education shine on, you crazy diamond.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:53 PM   #137
MollyMac

Eh, when a conversation delves to the point where all you are doin gis bitching about grammar, then the point is lost and no valid argument is made... unless the argument is about grammar, that is.

Sadly, that happens on many boards where, instead of finding a logical leg to stand on or a valid retort, it will come to "yeah, well, you mispelled 'thwack"" and the likes...

Sometimes, fantastic grammar is a sign of logical weakness.

but as in all of life, it is a case by case scenario.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:41 PM   #138
raggedyanne

y'now, most humans can understand a sentacne eevn if all the ltertes are mxeid up.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:17 PM   #139
edible_eye

There is shit, and there is the eating of shit.

Someone has to make it for someone to eat it.

That makes no sense.

Thank you.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:50 PM   #140
MollyMac

it's the circlllllllle
the circle of liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiife
Old 04-06-2007, 08:22 PM   #141
Dancing_in_rain

Ooo. This is one of the reasons I love this place. (Can gnet be considered a place?) Y'all are so random and go off on tangents. Thank god for that!
Speaking of tangents, a tangent is a line or plane touching a curved line in a single spot. I'm hungry.

Yawn. This is rather tedious, is it not?

www.chansondeplume.blogspot.com
^Mon blog d'ecriture en francais. Veuillez lire et commenter!
Translation: My writing blog in french. Feel free to read and comment.

Dancing_in_rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:59 AM   #142
raggedyanne

NO GEOMETRY!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

sorry, I failed another geometry test today. So I burned it. The test, not the geometry class. This time. I'm hungry too. Pizza?
Old 04-07-2007, 09:12 AM   #143
DarkHeartedDemoness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindred spirit
This is strange. A place for people to say they are involved in self mutamutilation. I know some people do it. The only one person that I knew who did it, did not go around announcing it. It is a real physiological problem not a game to played around with or joked about. If your problem is real you should find real help. If it is not and you are just looking for attention get a life.
No one wanted to comment on this post?

It was so cute, though! "mutamutilation" and all.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:39 AM   #144
mrs.wes straker

Aargh you know what is so annoying? People that whine, "Oh, I cut myself but feel sorry for me because it's a real problem." OR "Don't make fun of people who cut themselves but instead be sympathetic." I did it when I was a teenager a little bit, and it's not that serious. If you really want to stop, stop. Seek out professional help. Need something to do with your hands? Get a hobby. If you're not slitting your wrists or cutting into main veins, it's not life threatening, unless you're cutting yourself with a dirty, infected blade. Whatever. Stop feeling sorry for yourself if you do it to yourself. And don't go on the fashion board asking how to cover up your scars. You never heard of long sleeves?

Some people just like cutting, anyway. They tell other people to find out who else is into it. Sick as you may find it, it's true.

I'm done bitching now, and I'll be nice for the rest of the day.
Old 04-07-2007, 09:56 AM   #145
DarkHeartedDemoness

Excuse me?

"It's not that serious"?

I'm not even sure how to respond to that. I guess whatever cutting you did as a teenager may have been a choice, but for some of us it's a real fucking compulsion. It's not as simple as just stopping. To be completely frank, I'm a little bit offended that you could read the posts in this thread about how many of us have struggled with this issue and are proud to have overcome it, and just belittle all of our pain with a flippant "Whatever."

Yes, some people do it for attention. So fucking what? Does that mean you can just dismiss the people who have a real problem? Does that mean you can judge all of us based on those few morons?

It's a real fucking problem. It's a compulsion and it's a symptom of other serious problems. Don't be sympathetic if you don't want to be, but don't dismiss my problems because you can't relate.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:06 AM   #146
mrs.wes straker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeartedDemoness
Excuse me?

"It's not that serious"?

I'm not even sure how to respond to that. I guess whatever cutting you did as a teenager may have been a choice, but for some of us it's a real fucking compulsion. It's not as simple as just stopping. To be completely frank, I'm a little bit offended that you could read the posts in this thread about how many of us have struggled with this issue and are proud to have overcome it, and just belittle all of our pain with a flippant "Whatever."

Yes, some people do it for attention. So fucking what? Does that mean you can just dismiss the people who have a real problem? Does that mean you can judge all of us based on those few morons?

It's a real fucking problem. It's a compulsion and it's a symptom of other serious problems. Don't be sympathetic if you don't want to be, but don't dismiss my problems because you can't relate.
First of all, I am referring to people in my post--for the most part-- who are doing it for attention. Their problems are not that serious. I have met a lot of cutters in my time, and the ones with real "serious" problems or who "can't" stop hopefully have the means to, and get professional help. No, I will not be sympathetic to anyone who really doesn't want to do something but won't stop, or won't get help, or does it because they want attention. I'm sorry that you are offended, and maybe I was being insensitive, but it's because I've come across so many people with bad habits who won't get help for them.

Yeah, you're right, I shouldn't be insensitive or judgmental. So excuse me for that.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:26 AM   #147
Waki

Being addicted to cutting is one serious problem. You can't control when and where you start cutting yourself up. For me, it is impossible to completely stop cutting, though I have toned down quite a bit. I still have the sudden urge to cut in school. I rushed off to the toilet to cut.
I'm such a dumbass.
Waki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 12:08 PM   #148
Gothic Pride

I Love Cutting My self to ....
Gothic Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 12:22 PM   #149
Saddiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothic Pride
*rolls eyes*
Old 04-09-2007, 05:20 PM   #150
the-broken-harlequin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothic Pride
Really, no one is falling for it you emo-trolly-thingy.
the-broken-harlequin is offline   Reply With Quote