Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 06-17-2008, 06:04 PM   #1
KontanKarite

Here's something spooky for you.

http://www.mindfully.org/Reform/2004...amps3sep04.htm

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:05 PM   #2
Clockwork

Sorry, didn't read the entire thing... but is this suggesting that our government might suddenly spring on us and make us all into slaves or something? That's a bit madcap to me...
Old 06-17-2008, 08:13 PM   #3
KontanKarite

Indeed. I doubt it's that extreme. But, still. Camps for what? Seriously. What I'm looking at is the fact that they're there. Not exactly what the intentions of them being there are. Just that they are there.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:14 PM   #4
blackwater1110

Ho-ly shit.
When I move back to the States, I think I'll purchase a weapon.
blackwater1110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:20 PM   #5
Clockwork

If those aren't illegal by then XD
T_T
Old 06-17-2008, 08:21 PM   #6
ForgetThisLostLenore

I live right next to one of them. I'm pretty sure now it's something I probably didn't think too much of, and just randomly pass. Kinda creepy. I just wonder who exactly would be put in them...
ForgetThisLostLenore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:25 PM   #7
KontanKarite

Well, it's not some animal preservation farms, that's for sure. Who indeed.

Old 06-18-2008, 09:21 AM   #8
emeraldlonewoulf

Well, This is definitely spooky, but the date posted on the site is Sept3, '04. I have seen the Wickenburg, AZ Airport since then. It is in no way, shape or form "ready for conversion". It is a small town airport, with two landing strips, no air traffic control to speak of (one partially manned radio, to give windspeed and direction) and no extra buildings. There are hangars, small ones, and a bit of an office. Last I was there the office was run by a retired Marine, a korean war vet.

It also mentions the Stillwater Naval Air station, in Fallon Nevada. I deliver packages on that base fairly regularly. It is the Top Gun training school, and a major naval base, but not a prison. Not by a long shot! T

Also, what diffference does it make what direction razor wire or barbed wire points on a fence? If you have ever tried to go over it, it is damn hard without a heavy, HEAVY jacket, either way. you still have the same problem when you get to the top. Better hope you have a good place to land on the other side, because you are NOT going to get over it and find a foothold on the other side, unless you have some crazy monkey legs.

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:39 AM   #9
KontanKarite

Obviously there are some that are a bit silly. Then there are some that are there that seem to have no real reason for being there. And yes, a base is a base. All bases that I've ever seen could be designed as prisons. That's just how they're made.

Old 06-18-2008, 12:15 PM   #10
Technowitch

Huh. I live very near Maxwell AFB in Alabama. Been on base several times, too, as a few of my friends (and my younger siblings' friends) were army brats, and one acquaintance actually in the service. Have a friend in construction who goes out there frequently to work on air ducts and whatnot, too. While they do seem to have a place to detain AF personnel who break the law or just plain make jackasses of themselves, I'd hardly call it a concentration camp. The majority of it seems to be physical training facilities, service housing, and the commissary.

Personal experience leads me to file this one as another conspiracy nut. =/
Technowitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:19 PM   #11
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
The scariest stories are the ones you know are real and can happen to you without warning.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 03:41 AM   #12
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
I heard years ago that there was a secret military plan to guard supermarkets as food repositories during times of crisis.

The Rodney King riots proved that was bullshit. No army showed up while the grocery stores were looted.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 12:58 PM   #13
emeraldlonewoulf

I've also heard that shopping malls were designed to be easily defended as "safe" base-like places, should we ever be attacked, ( having some stores of food, clothing, etc) but having looked at several from a tactical standpoint since then, I'm inclined to think that is bullshit, too.

question:
Quote:
answer:
Quote:
Old 06-20-2008, 10:47 AM   #14
CptSternn

There is alot more on that - check out these links:

http://www.google.com/search?q=fema+...L_enIE211IE212

They have video of some of these and a few sites have details about camps built out in the desert, which you can see YouTube video for. Large prison camps to be used in times of national crisis.

Thats pretty bothering right there. What exactly do they have planned?
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 05:10 PM   #15
emeraldlonewoulf

I not saying there aren't camps like that being built, I wouldn't put that past our government at all. I just wanted to point out the couple of sites I have very recent, detailed information on are not in any way setup to be prison camps.

I have no doubt whatsoever that there are unpublicized camps and bases all over. I have lived in AZ and NV for a good portion of my life, and there are several questionable sites all over rural desert areas. Compounds with no signage, patrolling military or undercover vehicles in what is represented as BLM or state land, troop and vehicle movement in areas or directions that make no sense for regular transport, etc.

My main beef with the site presented was that for the areas they presented that I knew about, there was NO activity whatsoever that would suggest they were being built into or contained prison camps.

question:
Quote:
answer:
Quote:
Old 06-22-2008, 03:39 PM   #16
DeathToLems

What if they ARE prison camps? What if after so long of walking past these places and thinking nothing of them after all these years one day they start going mental and locking up people? What if after years of civilians going about their merry ol' life to suddenly be put behind bars in a building they thought couldn't be what it was actually built for all them years ago?
for some reason I just got the film Ants in my head. Where they built a home that can hold millions only to find out that the government type army big boss man ants were actually making it kinda prison where the digger ants are just building themselves a hole to die in with out knowing.
Hard to explain if you didn't understand from what I just said, but what if? huh?
What if one day the president gets given some papers that he cant be arsed to read and ends up signing something that orders random people to be locked up?! (who goes in I'm not sure)
Who? What? Why? When? is the case here.
DeathToLems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 01:07 AM   #17
CptSternn

The sites I listed there have details on this that go with legislation already passed and in the public domain. If there is a 'national emergency' the President can implement martial law, and then has the power to send people to these camps without any due process.

This is what happened to the Japanese during WW2, and the people of Arab descent after 9/11. They have enough prison space to confine a large chunk of Americans, for whatever reason if the President deems it necessary.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:58 AM   #18
Toy Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
The sites I listed there have details on this that go with legislation already passed and in the public domain. If there is a 'national emergency' the President can implement martial law, and then has the power to send people to these camps without any due process.

This is what happened to the Japanese during WW2, and the people of Arab descent after 9/11. They have enough prison space to confine a large chunk of Americans, for whatever reason if the President deems it necessary.
I was wondering how long it was going to take before someone brought that up. America (and Canada too, I suppose) is unique in the sense that almost all of it's residents were immigrants at one point. With a population as large as Americas, and so many people moving in and out every day (Illeagle or otherwise), we have a hard time keeping steady tabs on it's residents and when we go to war with a nation, it's important to start keeping tabs on the people that did move here.

It is blatently insulting to say the least, but between being curdious and being well-defended, History has shown that we perfer the later...
Toy Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:13 PM   #19
Jaye Jang

Kontan,

Whoa, this just made a few gray hairs. Sad, but it does not surprise me. Check out a TV program called "The Truth Is Out There." (BTW, we had 'concentration camps' for the Nisei [Japanese-Americans] during WWII, for the blacks down South in the 1960's [some of which, I'm sorry to say, were no better than cattle pens], and we still have them for the Native Americans [we call them reservations]. Don't even get me started....).
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:16 AM   #20
KontanKarite

Yeah, it's pretty twisted up.

Old 07-22-2008, 02:07 PM   #21
Wormboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldlonewoulf

Also, what diffference does it make what direction razor wire or barbed wire points on a fence? If you have ever tried to go over it, it is damn hard without a heavy, HEAVY jacket, either way. you still have the same problem when you get to the top. Better hope you have a good place to land on the other side, because you are NOT going to get over it and find a foothold on the other side, unless you have some crazy monkey legs.
Only true for razor wire. You can grab around the barbs on most barb wire, just hope you're not barefoot is all.

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:55 PM   #22
thekorupt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technowitch
Huh. I live very near Maxwell AFB in Alabama. =/
Cool someone actually lives near me...

My inlaws live really near Maxwell. I used to live REALLLLLY near it. Now I am outside Birmingham... Would be nice to know someone nearby, if you are interested..

ANYWAYS...

People live completely oblivious to how close to martial law we live. The truth is, martial law could easily be declared. Americans had over their rights every day and never pay attention. "Oh its for security.. its homeland defense.. its the Patriot Act.." Its bullshit. I am as conservative as someone can be, truth be known though, there isnt a single TRUE conservative running around anywhere anymore. There are a few decent senators, but even then..

The concept of America is long gone. I love my country, but I hate my government. Its almost at the point where I wanna make a break for it... but to where? There aren't any better options for me truthfully.
thekorupt is offline   Reply With Quote