Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 02:32 PM   #11051
MollyMac

Meh, your tastes adapt, as everything else does, when you get older. Someone that I thought of as sexy when I was fourteen is now "cute". I see no issue with someone my age (30ish) seeing that a 15 year old is cute and seeing also that they may be attractive to someone of their appropriate age range (My gals and I jokingly have a range equation of the eldest of "Half your age plus eight" or 21 being the youngest you should date.)

It is the recognition that "hey, they're hot" can be stopped with the fact of "Hey, they're fourteen".
Old 02-11-2007, 02:50 PM   #11052
honeythorn

I appear to have become entangled in purple and black ribbons. How odd. I think I may have too many ribbons. But I love them so............

Velvet. I have a lot of that too. It's relativley flattering to a woman of my immense size.....I love my velvet......

* Puts Jack Daniels away *
Old 02-11-2007, 02:54 PM   #11053
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn
I appear to have become entangled in purple and black ribbons. How odd. I think I may have too many ribbons. But I love them so............
Velvet. I have a lot of that too.
That sounds...very interesting. O.O

Old 02-11-2007, 04:47 PM   #11054
LaBelleDameSansMerci

Velvet is frikkin awesome. Nice and soft.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

Old 02-11-2007, 05:16 PM   #11055
MollyMac

And it looks much better on more voluptuous figures. I have no idea why, but a mure succulently proportioned in velvet looks scrumptious where a more slimly proportioned one in velvet looks tacky to me. I have no explanation for this. We all have our little aesthetic quirks.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:28 PM   #11056
LaBelleDameSansMerci

yeah. I agree. Unfortunately I'm a frikkin twig, so... *grumbles*
It has its uses, but aesthetically, I'd like to be heavier.

Old 02-11-2007, 05:31 PM   #11057
MollyMac

You look like a Waterhouse fan. If you are in the Midwest, teh St. Louis Art Museum is having an exhibition of the Pre-Raphaelites.

Nothing wrong with being a twig, either, m'dear. Personally, size never mattered as much as health and the all over "effect" of a person. Look on the bright side, you get away with wearing a lot more silk than the bigger gals do (my little opinion only).

There are aesthetic perks to almost everything.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:37 PM   #11058
Pyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMac
Meh, your tastes adapt, as everything else does, when you get older. Someone that I thought of as sexy when I was fourteen is now "cute". I see no issue with someone my age (30ish) seeing that a 15 year old is cute and seeing also that they may be attractive to someone of their appropriate age range (My gals and I jokingly have a range equation of the eldest of "Half your age plus eight" or 21 being the youngest you should date.)

It is the recognition that "hey, they're hot" can be stopped with the fact of "Hey, they're fourteen".
I have heard of half one's age plus seven, but eight is good, too

As for my randomness for this post:
Tonight a girl I knew, who happened to had been my marching drum major for two consecutive years, died tonight after being in critical condition in the hospital for a month or longer.

Also, yesterday I learned that asparagus can make one's urine have a very strong odour. I felt as if I were in an auto repair shop every time I went to pee. It worried me at first, as I could not figure out why the bathroom suddenly smelled of car tire rubber as I began "to go."

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Old 02-11-2007, 05:40 PM   #11059
MollyMac

I figured that the equation would vary depending on one's current state and the variable's relative attractiveness. Daniel Radcliffe is a fine example. He's too young for me (and not of legal age for many in the US), but after seeing those photos he had taken for Equus... bloody hell, I started to get all Einstein-y on the math to find a way for the numbers to work.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:43 PM   #11060
HumanePain

Ah, men like Twigs and the Voluptuous alike, as we enjoy variety, eh?

The original Twiggy:

http://design.lookingatstars.com/arc...screenshot.gif

Old 02-11-2007, 05:55 PM   #11061
MollyMac

Damn skippy. Hell, even as a straight female, I prefer to see a healthy range of figures in women. Not for comparison, but just for the sheer variety aspect of it all.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:02 PM   #11062
Paper_Wings

Ello everyone! I'm sorry I haven't been on for a while. My computer was attacked by a virus, exept it attacked my norton anti virus, so now we might have to get a whole new computer. Yepperz. AND my internet was disconnected. I'm on my cousins computer now. Anyways....HI!!!
Old 02-11-2007, 08:08 PM   #11063
LaBelleDameSansMerci

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
Ah, men like Twigs and the Voluptuous alike, as we enjoy variety, eh?

The original Twiggy:

http://design.lookingatstars.com/arc...screenshot.gif
How much did she weigh again? Jeez....

Old 02-11-2007, 08:46 PM   #11064
Godslayer Jillian

I want to stay of this age forever. Maybe of my age in a couple of months so I am legal for anything in Mexico.
Girls are just cuter and more innocent at this age (15-18), plus it's the time where emotions have to coexist with maturity, making it the perfect age for romance.
Think of it, Romeo and Juliet were teenagers.

In other news www means Who What Where and you know it.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:58 PM   #11065
ArtificialOne

I hate you for pointing that out Jillian...lol
Oh well, back to being a depressing adult...

“More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing, than by believing too much”
P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
http://www.myspace.com/lifeasartificial
Old 02-12-2007, 01:16 AM   #11066
Mir

Quote:
. . .
Neither! When I posted that, it had just given me an idea for a poem. I'm reading it now, and I have to rewrite a lot of it. Writing and drinking.. *shakes his head*.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:04 AM   #11067
HumanePain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
I want to stay of this age forever. Maybe of my age in a couple of months so I am legal for anything in Mexico.
ooooooh stay away from the alcohol friend. It will bring you only misery and regrets, speed up the aging process and separate you from your money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Girls are just cuter and more innocent at this age (15-18), plus it's the time where emotions have to coexist with maturity, making it the perfect age for romance. Think of it, Romeo and Juliet were teenagers.
The innocence is why they appear "daughter-like" to me as an older man, and why older women come across as very sexy.

When a young girl smiles, it radiates innocence, which in another way of looking at it, says "inexperience". (I do not mean that in a bad way, innocence is very, very beautiful and precious, containing all the optimism needed for the human race to endure an unknown future.)

But when an older woman smiles, with half closed eyes, and maybe a wink, it says "I know, and you know, and I know that you know, and you know that *I* know, and I am still here winking at you big boy", which raises my blood pressure dangerously! No young girl can have that effect on me. The only one who has come closest has been Miss Hazie, and she still strikes me as daughter-like.

What I am trying to say is that yes, the young age you described is full of romance, but romance is not just for the young either.
It continues throughout life, as far as I can see, to the very end.

Old 02-12-2007, 06:50 AM   #11068
Morrigan_Dubh

I was a lot more cynical when I was 15-18 than I am now. I was so cynical you wouldn't believe. It's a MASSIVE generalisation to say that "Girls are just cuter and more innocent at this age (15-18)". In fact, I'd say most of the girls I grew up with believed they were fairly wise to the game at this stage, which made them act like weathered cynics on the outside. They all wanted to dress up and wear make-up to make themselves appear older. But inside they were scared as fuck about being found out that they were still virgins or whatever.

I reckon the kids I grew up with are more wide-eyed and aware that they really know nothing about anything now. This leaves a vacuum that can be filled with romance (Although, I'm not sure Godslayer Jillian's definition of romance matches my definition).

I swear, though, innocence is not a word I would tack on to any 15-18 year old girl I have ever known. And any "cuteness" was at best faux-naïf and at worst disingenuous.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:32 PM   #11069
HumanePain

Hmmm, well I must agree that when I was in high school, yes, there were a few players who were manipulative and took advantage of guys, even into college, where there were even more than in high school, as I recall, but they were not in the majority.

Old 02-12-2007, 04:38 PM   #11070
Pyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan_Dubh
I was a lot more cynical when I was 15-18 than I am now. I was so cynical you wouldn't believe. It's a MASSIVE generalisation to say that "Girls are just cuter and more innocent at this age (15-18)". In fact, I'd say most of the girls I grew up with believed they were fairly wise to the game at this stage, which made them act like weathered cynics on the outside. They all wanted to dress up and wear make-up to make themselves appear older. But inside they were scared as fuck about being found out that they were still virgins or whatever.
I wear makeup to make myself seem prettier, not older. On top of that, I am a virgin and darn proud. Who cares that I am almost 19? I haven't found a love yet I can share my body that fully with, and I have the rest of my life to do so. Heck, women don't hit their prime until their 20s, so I am still good for now.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Old 02-12-2007, 05:38 PM   #11071
Poise

Hello. I have umbrellas on my shirt. Thought I'd share.

And by the way, Shyantra's brains taste like marshmellows.
The end.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:56 PM   #11072
HumanePain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poise
Hello. I have umbrellas on my shirt. Thought I'd share.

And by the way, Shyantra's brains taste like marshmellows.
The end.

I was born.
I must die.
I suffer.
Help me.

The end.

Old 02-12-2007, 06:33 PM   #11073
Pyre

My insides feel as if they're contorting. I want to vomit so badly, just to rid my body of this feeling. But, I didn't gag enough, so whatever is unsettling my stomach is still there. God, I feel as if I am dying. . . the pain is almost unbearable.

Old 02-12-2007, 09:52 PM   #11074
Poise

Quote:
I was born.
I must die.
I suffer.
Help me.

The end.
The end is really the beginning.

Unless you’re dead. In which case reincarnation is your friend. In which case the end really is the beginning.

But if you don't believe in that sort of thing, it seems you're out of luck.

The end.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:46 PM   #11075
Godslayer Jillian

I have too much free time.
1. Name one person who made you smile today.
Richard Dawkins for the win!

2. What were you doing at 8:00 this morning?
I can't remember if I was thinking of a discussion or dreaming about thinking of the discussion.

3. What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
Pasting some band pictures on a book.

4. What is something that happened to you in 1994?
Probably being a smart-ass.

5. What is the last thing you said aloud?
"Do you have a metric tape? I uhh... want to measure my... hair" (in Spanish)

6. How many different things did you drink today?
4?

7. What color is your hairbrush?
Black comb and my white hands to unstuck the comb from my hair

8. What was the last thing you bought?
Candy

9. What was the last gift you received?
Still waiting for that pedo fat man with the red velvet fetish to come to my house.

10. What color is your front door?
Dark brown (the color of the Invisible Pink Unicorn)

11. Where do you keep your change?
Mah desk. And then it runs off to a magical prairie where they marry, have a massive orgy, and raise a family of tiny little pennies.

12. What was the weather like today?
I haven't been out the whole day, and now it's too nighty to see the night.

13. What is the best ice cream flavor?
Right now I have a craving for strawberry ice cream. I want a strawberry ice-creamy girlfriend!

14. What are you excited about?
I'm a teenager. Everything 'excites' me. Nah, not really. Not even Playboy with those girls and the posing and the peaches.

15. When was the last rainbow you saw?
In the mirror of the shower, the light reflecting from the mirror with the mist of droplets formed by the water hitting the crystal, always forms a rainbow. But I don't pay attention to rainbows while showering.

16. What size shoe do you wear?
I think an 8.

17. Do you have a sister?
Two years younger than I.

18. Are you very random
Wanna go to a closet and find out?

19. Do you want to cut your hair?
I wanna buzz my hair, but only on the sides.

20. Are you over the age of 25?
In lemming years? Yes. Yes I am.

21. Do you talk a lot?
Nah, I don't think I talk a lot. I don't type a lot either. I'm concise, laconic, and go straight to the point. It's not common, nay, it's unnatural for me to ramble about when all it takes is a simple yes or no.

22. Do you watch The O.C.?
What's that? Obsessive Compulsion?

23. Does your screen name have an "x" in it?
No. 'x's are for people that lack self-esteem and believe their popularity is directly proportional to the number of 'x's they have in their name. That's why xxxXXXxxxJesusxxxXXXxxx was so famous.

24. Do you know anyone named Steven?
Not that I can think of.

25. Do you make up your own words?
That's crazyfulness!

26. Are you ticklish?
You don't want to tickle me where I'm ticklish. Or do you?

27. Are you typically a jealous person?
Hells yea.

28. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter "C":
C.... hlarissa. (who is she? Oh don't worry you don't know her, now lay off my back and keep reading)

29. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter "J":
Jillian, my alter ego that didn't know was a woman.

30. Who's the 1st person on your received calls list?
What's a calls list?

31. What did the last text message you received say?
That I need to pay my phone service.

32. Do you chew on your straws?
Used to, and now that you point it out I'm going to go back to that damned habit, you bastard!

33. Do you have curly hair?
I have raccoon hair.

34. What is the next concert your going to?
NOthing good ever comes here

35. Who has been the biggest disappointment to you recently?
A friend of mine is neglecting me (you know who you are)

36. How many times have you swore today?
Not one fucking occasion. Oh shit.

37. What is something you say a lot?
Words.

38. What is the last thing you ate?
Candy (for the posterity, the girl that sent me this thing ate a chocolate covered spider)

39. Have you seen the movie "Donnie Darko"?
No. I was just about to rent it two days ago, but I saw Monty Python's Life of Brian.

40. Do you have work tomorrow?
I should.

41. Is marriage in your future?
Monogamous?

42. When was the last time you said "I love you"
A couple of days.

43. What should you be doing right now?
Sleeping.

44. Do you have a nickname?
Jilli

45. Are you a heavy sleeper?
Depends.

46. When was the last time you used a skateboard?
Bought one because everyone had one. That's the farthest I've gone with peer pressure. Broke a door sized window trying to do an ollie and gave it up.

47. What is the best movie you've seen in the past two weeks?
The Dead Poet's Society.

48. Is there anyone you would like to have sex with right now?
I'm a guy, what do you think?

49. When was the last time you did the dishes, be honest...?
Years ago

50. Are you currently depressed?
Tired, and lonely because a friend should be visiting me while I'm sick and she doesn't come. ('house is too far away' my ass)

51. Did you cry today?
Yes. I ate some medicine and gagged myself to tears.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Closed Thread