Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 07-25-2009, 11:24 AM   #26
Duane

Long live tha Duck!
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:18 PM   #27
GoblinQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarica View Post
You mention your depression in a thread that is not about you, therefore you invite comment on said mental state. You are making yourself a target. Your only point was 'wah wah I've tried killing myself but I failed so I know how people feel when they want to die'.

My point was clear though. I dont care about attention whores like you. There are people who need real help and aren't needily seeking attention on the net.
When have I ever complained about my life?
Where did I ask for attention? I don't need attention, for I am not depressed. When I am, I don't go crying to people on forums about it. I talk to my Dad about it, because he actually listens and understands what I'm going through.

And I did need real help. I'm one fo the few who got real help and lived to talk about it. I got over my depression, and my point was that a lot of people don't get over their depression and it's those people who often end up killing themselves.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got a large amount of homework to finish with my name on it.
I bid you fairwell.
GoblinQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:21 PM   #28
Catch.

I sure am an asshat!
Catch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 01:58 AM   #29
Needlefeet

Isn't depression like... an illness?
Feeling depressed is just another way of saying you feel like complete shit, not just sad or upset.
That's my understanding...

Amboss: Did you vote during the last Presidential election?
Daniel: Why, yes! I voted for Andi Sex Gang!
Needlefeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 05:32 AM   #30
Anarasha

Depression is a mental illness, yes. As far as I have been able to gather, the body stops producing some chemical or something, and that results in depression.
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 07:14 AM   #31
Alarica

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoblinQueen View Post
And things don't always get better. I'm still waiting for that light at the end of the tunnel. The only reason why I havn't killed myself is because I'm on meds for depression.
Attention seeking. Happy now? I fed your need for someone you dont know, to acknowledge your sad existence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoblinQueen View Post
And I did need real help. I'm one fo the few who got real help and lived to talk about it. I got over my depression
If you are on meds for your depression, you are certainly not over your depression.

I was a vegetarian until I lost my virginity, and a wise man said to me 'do you not feel guilty now, having had all that meat inside you?'
Alarica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:19 AM   #32
Sinjob

"Depression" is being tossed way too much here. People aren't even "sad" anymore, it's just "oh-so depression."

Depression is so 90s.
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:21 AM   #33
Anarasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgot My Password View Post
It's not a disease, it's a syndrome.

My problem with this shit is everyone and their God damn goldfish apparently has it. It's deemed "Cool" for some retarded reason or other by some, and people are "Diagnosed" because they are a little bit upset sometimes. Instead of dealing with the problem, throw drugs at it. I think you'll find there's an underlying problem for the vast majority of people who THINK they have it because they want to be special.

These days, you're not normal unless you're abnormal.
.... :O Duckman... you just... said something... intelligent and relevant!
Old 07-26-2009, 11:24 AM   #34
Anarasha

Yeah I know, I kinda sensed that :P but really, what changed? :o I never saw you partake in any discussion for real before now :o
Old 07-26-2009, 11:45 AM   #35
Anarasha

I must say, my respect for you rose quite a lot, Duckman.
I don't think it could be said any better than you just did.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:52 AM   #36
Anarasha

Oh, right, sorry :P
Old 07-26-2009, 03:36 PM   #37
Duane

I find it very hard to hate you, Duck.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 04:15 PM   #38
Serren

People are actually more likely to kill themselves for reasons they believe are altruistic than any other reason.

I also have serious psychiatric problems and I find it hard to sympathize or empathize with people with things like minor depression. It is very common though, depression affects roughly 1 in 5 people in their lives and it does make their lives pretty miserable I think even if they aren't really that 'ill' like people with psychotic disorders.

I don't mind people who say they are struggling with feeling like there is nothing in life left for them, but I do get kind of annoyed with those who are constantly threatening suicide, it gets old, and boring, and sometimes it is just pure attention seeking.
Serren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 04:35 PM   #39
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgot My Password View Post
It's not a disease, it's a syndrome.

My problem with this shit is everyone and their God damn goldfish apparently has it. It's deemed "Cool" for some retarded reason or other by some, and people are "Diagnosed" because they are a little bit upset sometimes. Instead of dealing with the problem, throw drugs at it. I think you'll find there's an underlying problem for the vast majority of people who THINK they have it because they want to be special.

These days, you're not normal unless you're abnormal.
Behind all the random insults and requests for boobs, there is great wisdom. We all have much to learn.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 05:11 PM   #40
WarlockSix

Lol. Speaking of syndromes, a lot of people seem to think I should get a psychiatric assessment >.>

Oh dear. I hate to be an attention seeking ******; people with multiple attempted suicides and such are just attention seekers in my opinion, as if you really wanted to kill yourself you could, and easily, without failing to in the process.

I don't try to show off my stupid moods though. It's likely it could just be me in a state of what I have called downright vadgey behaviour; because my mood can go straight from a happy, content mood to a terribly saddened one over practically nothing.

Maybe I'm just a big, blubbering vagina rather than an actual person with personality disorder/syndrome?
WarlockSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 07:16 PM   #41
MollyMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlockSix View Post

Maybe I'm just a big, blubbering vagina rather than an actual person with personality disorder/syndrome?
Remove "maybe" and the question mark, and proceed with your line of thought.

I am sick of idgits claiming ADD/ADHD, OCD, being gosh, so "strangely obsessed" with XYZ or other, or even being considered 'odd' by others because you are projecting your want to be special into the eyes of those who really don't give a rat's left nut that you even exist. Get the fuck over yourself, snowflake. you are just another drop of water.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:50 AM   #42
WarlockSix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMac View Post
Remove "maybe" and the question mark, and proceed with your line of thought.

I am sick of idgits claiming ADD/ADHD, OCD, being gosh, so "strangely obsessed" with XYZ or other, or even being considered 'odd' by others because you are projecting your want to be special into the eyes of those who really don't give a rat's left nut that you even exist. Get the fuck over yourself, snowflake. you are just another drop of water.
hehehe, I thought so.

But doesn't that raise the question as to whether many contributors to this thread just call people posers and idiots, and generally to get a grip on life, to give themselves increased self-esteem from thinking they have a superior outlook?

Maybe it's a clinical problem people will diagnose one day. Bitter-old-person syndrome?
Old 07-27-2009, 02:07 AM   #43
Godslayer Jillian

Wait... Molly argued that too many people on the internet just make bullshit up and blame their pathetic miserable personalities on a psychological disorder they don't actually have.
So your counterargument is... to give more people made-up psychological disorders?

You're not very good at this, are you? Oh wait! You might have Aspergers!

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 04:38 AM   #44
MollyMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlockSix View Post
hehehe, I thought so.

But doesn't that raise the question as to whether many contributors to this thread just call people posers and idiots, and generally to get a grip on life, to give themselves increased self-esteem from thinking they have a superior outlook?

Maybe it's a clinical problem people will diagnose one day. Bitter-old-person syndrome?

I call no one poser because I don't buy into the notion of 'the scene'. I call people drama-whores and lacking of coping mechanisms because that is what they are. It is easier to claim a syndrome than to work on your bullshit. Next, blame your parents.

I couldn't possibly increase my self esteem by telling the truth and calling you out on your bullshit. My self esteem doesn't waiver with net postings. I pity you.

Hard to be bitter when you have an awesome rack.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:03 AM   #45
Not Tha Duckman

Thumbs up

Quote:
I call no one poser because I don't buy into the notion of 'the scene'. I call people drama-whores and lacking of coping mechanisms because that is what they are. It is easier to claim a syndrome than to work on your bullshit. Next, blame your parents.

I couldn't possibly increase my self esteem by telling the truth and calling you out on your bullshit. My self esteem doesn't waiver with net postings. I pity you.

Hubba hubba!
Not Tha Duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 04:35 AM   #46
WarlockSix

Quote:

Damn. My rack's lackluster by comparison.

Maybe it all just varies according to rack size?
Old 08-11-2009, 08:16 AM   #47
Faeir

I do think that people who attempt suicide and live after are either a) extremely lucky, or b) attention seekers who never intended to die in the first place.

But is attention seeking really so bad? We all do it in some way or other. Sure it's annoying like hell to random strangers on the net, but there isn't a single person who can freely say they don't want attention.

And this isn't the sort of big, 'oh-i'm-so-amazing-look-at-me' attention, yeah. I just mean that's it's nice when we're being payed attention to, whether it's getting a gift from a friend or sex all night.

The point being, attention-seeking is annoying when it's overly obvious and done in an idiotic way, but it's not necessarily bad. Just irritating to strangers who don't give a flying fuck.
Faeir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:08 AM   #48
Solumina

If people want attention then they should seek to better themselves and impress others, that way they get positive attention which helps their feeling of self worth, this is much better than the cycle of negative attention which only fuels people's need for attention, causing them to do increasingly obnoxious things.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:43 AM   #49
creature6

Through Schizophrenic fog she'd see,
Evil spirits calling thee.
They seem they are as real can be.
Can't realize what's real you see.

Suicide ain't painless,
Survivors go through changes,
The change I'd leave than take it if you please.

I'd like to find some way to make,
Our dear departed one awake.
She ever loved and had not hate,
Once deed is done it's far too late.

Can suicide be blameless?
The soul then won't go claimless,
Survivors find God's Will on bended knees.

The game of life is what we play,
And if Satan has his way,
He'll take your loved one some fine day,
But will he win on judgement day?

Suicide's for losers,
Some scriptwriters say they're choosers,
In this form of death it's from disease.

The liar's sword may pierce within,
But heaven knows he cannot win.
It's tainted now with Satan's sin,
The Blood of Lamb makes sin not win.

Is suicide so painless?
It forces us to changes,
We'll see again our loved one 'cause of He.
And you can take or leave Him if you please
creature6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:21 PM   #50
the-nihilist

Thumbs up

Good one, that.