Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 06-02-2010, 12:33 AM   #1
CptSternn

Media Wh0re

http://tinyurl.com/26hx3gc

Quote:
Sarah Palin is firing back at NBC over this morning's "Today" show interview segment with Joe McGinniss, the author of a forthcoming biography on Palin and her family's new next-door neighbor.

Palin, who frequently rails against the same media that lavishes attention on her, wrote on Facebook — her preferred medium — that this segment offered the "most recent illustration of the untrustworthiness of America's mainstream media."

Palin wrote that she and husband Todd exchanged emails with NBC, which was planning to interview McGinniss. Although Palin declined to be interviewed, she said that the network "asked for a statement from us and promised to run it as a full screen graphic during their interview with McGinniss." So both she and Todd emailed statements (which are below).

"McGinniss has followed us for some time now, from showing up on our doorstep last winter, bidding over $60,000 for a military charity auction dinner with me, writing the hit pieces, attending at least one Outside book event, etc. He has a right to pursue his subject, I suppose, and certainly has a right to live wherever he wants, but my family also has a right to expect privacy, and hopefully to enjoy peace this summer. Good fences do make for good neighbors. The fence is now up, and I hope that we can enjoy peace. The media sensationalizes the recent McGinniss' tactic so the public will tune in to whatever the latest episode is, always with ratings in mind, and that's unfortunate." —Sarah Palin

"What's also unfortunate is journalists' tactics like this, because it keeps good people from wanting to get involved in public service." —Todd Palin

But when the nine-minute segment aired, the statements weren't a part of it. With her side unrepresented, Palin wrote that McGinniss' "sensational claims about us being Nazis went unchallenged." (In fact, he compared her tactics to those of Nazis.) Palin said she's been told by NBC that "Today" will run the statements tomorrow.

An NBC spokeswoman confirms to Yahoo! News that the Palins' comments will run on Wednesday's show. "We were unable to run them this morning due to a timing issue," she said.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:42 AM   #2
CptSternn

I thought this article was brilliant for many reasons.

First, you have sarah palin. She is an idiot IMHO. People that like/follow her also must be as dumb as a rock as to not see past this sort of thing. What type of thing is that?

Well, the bitching and moaning about the media following you all the time, all the while sending out daily press releases to the media. I mean, the media doesn't print stuff if you don't send it to them. The above statement she sent out to various news media organisations to complain about the news media following her is laughable! Why would you send out a press release and then complain the media is always printing them?

Then there is the complaint about yer man writing the book. She complains, and has been complaining, on the news about some of the things he has done - like paying $60,000 to have lunch with her. If she was so bothered, why did she take the money and have lunch with him? Again, seems like a lot of complaining at the same time she is actively involved in the very activity she is complaining about.

Finally, she complains about how people are too involved in her personal life, yet posts every minor detail about her personal life on Facebook, MySpace, her blog, and in various press releases. I mean, fer fuck sakes - is that not just being counter productive? Is she really that thick or is it just her fans?

Either way it makes you wonder what sort of brain dead Neanderthal would support a person who so openly defies THEMSELVES.

It seems her biggest problem as she sees it these days is what she herself is doing.

Eeejit(s)
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:54 AM   #3
Saya

He bid 60,000 but a fan of her's outbid him, so they didn't have dinner.

But yeah, the woman needs to be seperated from the computer. And the rest of humanity.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:32 AM   #4
d0p3y

OR she should just be ignored.

"No todo es blanco o negro, es gris todo depende del matiz..."
(Mago de oz)

"your life does not belong to you, it belongs to the people that love you."
(incognito)

"laying to ones self, is laying to the world"
(incognito)

"El que por su gusto muere, hasta la muerte le sabe."
(incognito)
d0p3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:48 AM   #5
Despanan

I agree with the sentiment of this post, but a little fact correction is in order:

The $60,000 for lunch went to charity (not Sarah's pockets), if I'm not mistaken, and in this case, Palin is not complaining that they printed her press release, she's complaining that they didn't.

But yeah, constantly bitching about the media, while doing everything in your power to remain in the spotlight is pretty goddamn retarded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:17 AM   #6
ape descendant

Palin has fans????!!??

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:36 PM   #7
Ben Lahnger

Um ... I'm all for ignoring her ... and this thing was almost a non-story for me. It's certainly not news that she loves the attention when it's fawning after her but is quickly dismissive of anyone who dares offer criticism of her in any way.

And it's not news that she's not the sharpest tool in the shed. There's a joke there, but I'm ignoring it, her and this thread.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:52 AM   #8
Beneath the Shadows

Hey, everybody, let's play her game by not ignoring her so we can talk about ignoring her!

Wait, I just got dragged into it... FUCK!

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote