Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 10-28-2008, 05:03 PM   #26
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsyMayhem
Saying everyone can do it because I can is just like asking a blind man what color the sky is. (When he hasn't been told).
And the MOST FLAWED ANALOGY EVER award goes to...
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:12 PM   #27
MitsyMayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
And the MOST FLAWED ANALOGY EVER award goes to...
Maybe, but my point was clear.
MitsyMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:15 PM   #28
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Maybe, but my point was clear.
Was your point "I'm too dumb to craft a good analogy"? Because that was the only thing clear in your post.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:16 PM   #29
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
That doesn't sound at all like bipolar disorder, maybe if it cropped up later in life then it could be a mental disorder but even then bipolar disorder wouldn't fit

You diagnosed yourself, didn't you?
No, the repulsive little smiley face at the end of his post is a PhD in Psychiatry.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:17 PM   #30
MitsyMayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
Was your point "I'm too dumb to craft a good analogy"? Because that was the only thing clear in your post.
No, but I'm pretty sure yours was "Stir up shit and be a drama queen."
Old 10-28-2008, 05:47 PM   #31
JCC

Shit Mitsy, what do I ask of teens on this board? "Type well, don't say stupid shit."

Sounds a lot like what we tell everyone else. Why do we not have the balls to say "I don't care how old you are: you're fucking annoying. Sort it out"?
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:52 PM   #32
MitsyMayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Shit Mitsy, what do I ask of teens on this board? "Type well, don't say stupid shit."

Sounds a lot like what we tell everyone else. Why do we not have the balls to say "I don't care how old you are: you're fucking annoying. Sort it out"?
Oh I don't have a problem with saying that. I've actually said that. (More than once and in person). But I don't believe that all are capable of being at your level. 12 year olds will be 12 year olds and then there will be those that rise above the usual. There are even adults that can't compete with you JCC. It many be irritating as all hell, but that's just the way it is. Hopefully these same kids will see that and the average bar will raise.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:56 PM   #33
JCC

That's the thing: I don't do exceptional shit. I read my books, I make an effort, I spend a lot of time learning. Everyone on this forum has the internet, obviously, they can do the exact same thing, I'm not a paragon of greatness as a birthright, I EARNED it, and you can too!
Old 10-28-2008, 05:59 PM   #34
MitsyMayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
That's the thing: I don't do exceptional shit. I read my books, I make an effort, I spend a lot of time learning. Everyone on this forum has the internet, obviously, they can do the exact same thing, I'm not a paragon of greatness as a birthright, I EARNED it, and you can too!
I think it's exceptional. Most people don't even possess the basic foundation. Aka, the motivation to be educated. Without that, one's hopeless.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:10 PM   #35
Signe

You seem pretty normal to me. We're all more or less insane, aren't we? Just be careful so those "violent" emotions don't harm you or anyone else.
Signe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:20 PM   #36
MegearaErotica

Quote:
12 year olds will be 12 year olds
I learned a new vocabulary phrase today. It was platitude fallacy. This is a perfect example.
Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you. If I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.
-Monty Python and the Holy Grail
MegearaErotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:21 PM   #37
MitsyMayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegearaErotica
I learned a new vocabulary phrase today. It was platitude fallacy. This is a perfect example.
I can google too.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:25 PM   #38
MegearaErotica

It wasn't google, it was an English packet on clear thinking which I have a test on tomorrow.
Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you. If I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.
-Monty Python and the Holy Grail
MegearaErotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:27 AM   #39
Metabolik

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenEss_Shiva
I think I am mentally disturbed,seriously for a kid of 12 my head gets very strange and odd.
I'm going to give you some facts about me and my life,from them,judge me on how insane/or/sane I am.

Facts about me:

I am random in a sense I will spout out little bits of what I am thinking to myself when nobody is in the room with me (usually I keep stuff to myself)
I have eccessively violent feelings,and often wish to kill myself or others and not in just a stupid hormonal angsty moment but in SERIOUS contemplation.
I bite myself as a habit I can't seem to drop.
I unconsiously rock up and down sometimes,while not even realising it much until somebody points it out.
Violent scenes scare me less and less.
Death,of anyone,or my own,does not disturb nor bother me in anyway.
Even if it's family.
My emotions are ethier eccessively witheld or,overly aggressive/overly sensitive when I am alone. I can be stone faced one moment then walk calmy to my room and fall into absolute pieces without even knowing thats how upset/angry I was.
I plan murders that hopefully shouldn't become reality.
I can act as such a child,or an adult...
My Mind Is On a constant train,it seems as if it never stops and I keep thinking so much that I get migranes for going to deep into things that normal people wouldn't bother to.
I wish frequently that certain people would hurry up and die,then I write down how I would do it...(though never go through with it)
I also feel so abnormal,so...monsterish,I had,as a child been put in a position where I held my mothers life in the palm of my hands...
some days I wonder what'd happen if I didnt save her...then I feel like a monster for thinking it....usually my mother acts like she loves me one moment and hates me the next. I dont trust family as far as I could throw an obese WoWnerd player.
Am I Insane?

I feel as if I'm only partially sane...you be the judge....
You remind me of me when I was your age.
Not ALL of those are accurate for me, but I used to bite myself when I got angry and a few other things there I experienced.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:22 AM   #40
a morbid curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Yes, but occasionally what induces people on this forum to judge others as "idiots" is just a lack of maturity. I know intelligent, academic people that try very hard and learn as much as possible, but they aren't very eloquent because they're simply not mature enough to take criticism, or be directed to which books they ought to be reading - they believe that their own judgement is the best one. This is a common teenage syndrome. You, however, don't suffer from it. So basically, yeah, what you're doing is exceptional. Sorry.
a morbid curiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:34 AM   #41
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Your problem is that you don't yet realize how stupid and shitty most people are.

It's fucking sad, but yes, it IS exceptional to go out of your way to read and learn.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:09 PM   #42
xParadigmx

The sad thing is that most people don't see the POINT in learning. How is a book ever going to help them get that governement check?
xParadigmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:18 PM   #43
MitsyMayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Your problem is that you don't yet realize how stupid and shitty most people are.

It's fucking sad, but yes, it IS exceptional to go out of your way to read and learn.
I agree completely.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:19 PM   #44
JCC

Well then shouldn't we encourage them to better themselves before we take them seriously rather than just saying "Sure, they're idiots, but only because they're lazy!"?
Old 10-29-2008, 03:32 PM   #45
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Well then shouldn't we encourage them to better themselves before we take them seriously rather than just saying "Sure, they're idiots, but only because they're lazy!"?
Yes, but I don't think you realize how hard that is.
Today, no one NEEDS to learn.
You don't need to do a damn thing to graduate high school, so why bother?
Old 10-29-2008, 03:35 PM   #46
JCC

Simple. Don't accept them until they clean up their act and stop acting like a fool. Social ostracization works like a charm.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:41 PM   #47
MitsyMayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Simple. Don't accept them until they clean up their act and stop acting like a fool. Social ostracization works like a charm.
That usually only works if the majority does it. If most people are stupid, then it won't happen.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:43 PM   #48
JCC

The people with any sort of sway here are smart.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:03 PM   #49
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
The people with any sort of sway here are smart.
Are you talking about gnet alone, or the entire planet?
Old 10-29-2008, 04:05 PM   #50
MitsyMayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Are you talking about gnet alone, or the entire planet?
Well, for the record, I was referring to the planet, but I think JCC is referring to GNET.