Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 09-17-2006, 04:03 PM   #1
bleedingheart344

Late Introduction

I know it may be a tad late for an introduction, but I figured I may as well properly introduce myself to all of you. Hello, I am Tyler, but for the sake of the net and these forums I shall go by Volker, a.k.a. my German name. I am into bands such as Bauhaus, Sisters of Mercy, Skinny Puppy, Joy Division, and I am varied, so Coheed and Cambria and Dir En Grey. I do wish to be Victorian goth, but for the sake of price and location, I am simply a hot topic shopper, I don't care what you say about them, I feel that clothes from Hot Topic can be good if worn properly. So, that's really it for me, nice to meet all of you by the way.

-Volker
Old 09-17-2006, 04:13 PM   #2
bleedingheart344

Sorry for the double post, but I forgot to mention that I do play a few instruments myself, guitar and cello mainly, love cello by the way, and some bass and basic violin.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:07 PM   #3
Darkbender423

Hi there nice to meet you. You should check out some of the vintage shops in your area if there are any. That's where I like to shop. I know it can be kind of expensive sometimes, but hottopic is too. It really doesn't matter where you shop though, the clothes aren't necessarily what makes a good goth. It's cool that you play insturments. I like the cello, it has such an eerie and distant sound. A great insturment for a goth band. I play several myself. Anyway, hello.
Darkbender423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 05:51 PM   #4
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingheart344
I know it may be a tad late for an introduction...

(The twin 15 foot heavy oak doors open slowly with a creak, a dim yellow light shining through a silhouette: the Castle caretaker, in a black tuxedo with tails slowly looks out, a wrinkled gray face with dark bags under almost black eyes, topped by the most Gothic white hair that may be imagined. He puts on an old pair of spectacles, and with wrinkled, skeletal hands and bony fingers, unrolls an old parchment scroll, and reads it...)

"It is not too late. And it is not too late to properly introduce yourself either.
To prove you are the rightful heir to this place, (inhales with a wheeze) you must answer these questions, and post them here...soon."

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 12:36 PM   #5
bleedingheart344

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job) I play guitar, cello, basic violin, and bass

2. Where are you from? Ohio

3. Who is your favorite author? My tastes change a lot, but now I'd say Chuck Palahnuick and Stephenie Meyer

4. What are your favorite films? The Crow, Begotten, Marebito, other Japanese horror flicks.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? Ummm, maybe White Wedding and Nymphetamine.

6. At your funeral? Trade My Heart For Stones-Nevermore

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? In my sleep, with my love

8. What kind of casket would you want? Lined with dark purple velvet, black casing.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? It's my dream outfit, but http://www.dracinabox.com/blacklouisxiv.jpg this shirt, http://www.dracinabox.com/whtbroderiesh.jpg the pants in this picture, and just my 5 inch platform boots.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? I miss not having a care in the world. Reality and maturity hit me hard when I was 11-12 when my grandmother died and we got into the car accident.

11. What's your favorite band? Either Sisters Of Mercy or Bauhaus.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? I'm in High School at the moment. I would like to major in Music Theory and Minor in psychology.

13. Why did you join? I joined to be around other members of the gothic community, such as myself.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender? I am male.
Oh, and sorry for not posting these before.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:12 PM   #6
RobinGreenwood

Nice to meet you
RobinGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote